Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Surgeons who'll do an orchiectomy with a not-terrible wait time?

Started by haley was here, August 06, 2017, 03:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haley was here

After a lot of deliberation and introspection I feel pretty confident at this point that I won't be getting GCS, just an orchi (ideally getting rid of scrotal skin and everything). I haven't had much luck with finding lists of surgeons, though; all the lists i've found are of surgeons mainly known for GCS, and the wait times for most of them look to be in the year+ range which is less than ideal. I'll go anywhere in the US (though the southwest is preferable) but I don't know where to start searching. Any advice is appreciated.
  •  

Devlyn

Any urologist can do an orchiectomy. I happen to be going with Dr Oates who does GCS in Boston, the wait time is about three weeks for an orchi. His GCS wait list is out to April 2018. Hope this helps!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Lady Sarah

If Dr. Leonard Brandt (in San Francisco) is still in practice, you could try seeing him. I was (and still am) pleased with the results.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

flightlessbird

It might also be worth looking into university medical centers. Some of them might have experience treating transgender populations but won't have the same big name recognition within the community for these procedures so the wait time could be shorter.
  •  

MissionSF1

Dr Heidi Wittenberg is leaving Brownstein and Crane.
She is going out on her own, and because of  that her wait list is very short.
Her office is in San Francisco. She is scheduling consults now.

•  

Maria77

Dr. Nguyen in Portland (?) Dr. leis in Philly, Dr. Reed in Miami.  They are less frequently discussed surgeons who could probably help you with not much of a wait time. 
  •  

iamthatiam8

Dr. Arnkoff. Southfield michigan a month or two. No letters
I have traveled through madness to find me.
                                               -Danny Alexander
No matter what darkness has covered over my light i am a descendent of an ape, what can possibly stop me.
                                                                           -ME
  •  

JanetK

Hiya girls

I'm in UK, near Leicester. I know its a long shot but does anyone know of a surgeon over here that will do an orchid under local? I have a vasectomy done this way back in 1984.
  •