Started by Terrified, August 14, 2017, 12:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terrified

Hello.

I'm terrified.

I'm a male who might be intersex.

My symptoms/story:

Bilateral hernia surgery as infant
Monthly "cycles" (cramps, depressed, irritable, diarrhea, occasional blood when wiping)
Chronic fatigue
Excessive hairiness
Shorter than father
Pain/internal pressure when I press above hernia scars
Delayed puberty
Performance aneixty
Pleasurable where I press where a uterus would be.
Phantom boobs/vagina
Feeling like I've never fit in with males or female (always felt "not normal")

Do you think it is likely I am intersex?

•  

Jacqueline

I'm sorry you're Terrified,

Welcome to the site. This is beyond the ability of most of the folks here on the site. I think you would have to go back through your family medical history. You might be able to try to find the doctors who helped your Mom give birth. You might ask your Mom. I think only a doctor can say for sure.

We have many more members with experience that is beyond mine. Hopefully, someone else will post.

A Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please [remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

If you give out personal information on Susan's you are responsible for any consequence.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site. It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. You should make an appointment with a doctor for a full physical and voice these concerns. Bleeding without knowing the source of the blood could be serious. Chronic fatigue and pain aren't normal conditions and should be investigated as well. You could ask that your doctor add some genetic testing as well but it might be expensive and insurance may not cover it without additional supporting information. While it's possible you are intersex, there are other explanations.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Myranda

•  

Jenntrans

Quote from: Terrified on August 14, 2017, 12:01:40 PM
Hello.

I'm terrified.

My symptoms/story:

Monthly "cycles" (cramps, depressed, irritable, diarrhea, occasional blood when wiping)
Chronic fatigue
Excessive hairiness
Shorter than father
Delayed puberty
Performance aneixty
Phantom boobs/vagina

I really don't know. All I do know is my experience.

I grew small boobs during puberty. My genitals are small and never grew during puberty. I am 5'9" though and wear 9 1/2 in female shoe sizes.

I have never heard of a phantom vagina or boobs though. My boobs are small and I like them small and they get sore bouncing around so I have to wear a bra either while running or driving/riding on rough roads.

But in short if I am or not it don't matter because I am still more female than male, I just go with it.

This does kind of bother me though. "cramps, depressed, irritable, diarrhea, occasional blood when wiping". That is from you and you really need to see a doctor. That could point to some really bad physical maladies. So please check with a doctor.
  •  

laurenpen

I was born intersexed,and had the same explanation as a young child with a double hernia.
  •  

Doreen

Quote from: Terrified on August 14, 2017, 12:01:40 PM
Hello.

I'm terrified.

My symptoms/story:

Chronic fatigue
Excessive hairiness
Shorter than father
Delayed puberty
Performance aneixty
Phantom boobs/vagina

Some symptoms I can identify, some definitely not.  I am intersexed.
I have the cramping problem.. only now its not monthly.  No blood noted in diarrhea, though I do have chronically low iron/hematrocrit levels.  I don't feel pleasure pressing on the location of the uterus, mostly just pain relief. 
"Phantom boobs" not even sure what that is. I have real boobs.. and a real vagina.   My height was taller than anyone in my entire family.. ever lol.  And I have no body hair except pubic which only started after HRT.

My diagnosis so far are listed in other places I talked about it, but if you're concerned I'd be talking with an endocrinologist and getting some scans (MRI/pelvic ultrasound) done.  A basic karotype might or might not help.  To really delve into the genes you'll need a geneticist.

I also had an inguinal hernia operation when I was 16, and feel pain in both locations with no hernia present that I know of in the right.  I was looked at rather extensively (allegedly) on the pelvic cystoscopy, no gonads were located in those regions. The ultrasound saw ovaries & a  uterus, but if it is there its undeveloped / immature. 

I have other congenital issues going on... being intersexed really isn't a 'blessing' some trans might think it is.  There are a huge plethora of intersexed diagnosis ranging from MRKH, Androgen insensitivity, Swyer syndrome, pseudohermaphroditism, Partial AIS, CAH, I'd even argue PCOS can be lumped in there.  That's just a few and many many more are being discovered.   
  •  

HughE

Bilateral inguinal hernias at birth are a big warning flag that you had a period of very low testosterone during your prenatal development. The hernias develop because the channel each testicle descends through hasn't closed up afterwards, leaving a gap that your intestines can protrude into. I was born with a hydrocele on one side, which is basically the same thing except only fluid is leaking through, intestine hasn't yet forced its way into the gap (that happened later on in my childhood).
  •  

Jenntrans

Anytime you are wiping blood, phantom cramps or not, you really need to see a doctor.

One thing that is not clear is, where are you wiping blood from?

If you like it... Ugh.... something up somewhere... Ugh... I really don't want to say it but if you use toys then get a really good water based lube. If not then you will have tearing and will bleed a little. Always pay for the best lube you can buy. Every woman that likes anal knows this. Never go for Vaseline either with a real life man or a toy or your wife or girlfriend wearing a strap on.

You may have hemorrhoids which may need to be addressed. You may have something more serious even. If it is coming from your "thingy" after masturbation then stop masturbating for a few days. If it is coming from your "thingy" while peeing then it may be more serious.

I know it has been over thirty days since you posted but how is it now?
  •