Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Going to see my therapist again

Started by R W, August 15, 2017, 11:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R W

I have thought about calling her for a week or so but put it off till later. Now I have no more 'laters' to use up so I have an app't Sept 18. I also had a long talk with my spouse and she of course is concerned but hopeful. So forward I go once again.
  •  

R W

Well, I have been really struggling the past couple of days so I have contacted another therapist who we found on our insurance providers network and cancelled the first one. She is in my hometown, my wife made the appt for me-and is on board for whatever the next step brings. I am very fortunate to have her helping me with this and I do count my blessings every day.

R W
  •  

R W

I go Monday to see the new therapist near my home. Given the amount of dysphoria I am wading thru now I really could not wait until the 18th to see the therapist I saw before. I wish I could go today.
  •  

R W

I saw a new therapist and feel better that someone is helping me wade thru this. One thing that is different this time is I am not afraid to step forward. I go to see my GP tomorrow morning and plan to have this conversation with him again.
  •  

Laurie

Hi RW,

I was looking at this thread and i can see the appointment info and that you seem to be struggling with something. I am sorry that you are struggling and glad that your wife is on your side.
  It seemed strange that you've made several posts and have had no replies until this one. That doesn't usually happen here and I am sorry no one has ask you what it is that you are struggling with? Your posts do not really give us an idea other than you have dysphoria and that you seem to be having a problem with your GP. Perhaps if you provided just a little more information of what the problem is, some of us here might be able to offer a suggestion or two that might help you.
  Hoping you feel better soon.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

R W

I saw my GP today-I still can't believe he wrote my script for spiro & estrogen.! It was like I was talking to a totally different person than the one who shot me down brutally two years ago. Progress made! I see him again in 3 months time. I see my therapist again on the 11th. 

Thanks Laurie!

R W
  •  

Dena

You may have changed a good deal more than you think over the last 2 years. Often we are so close to this that we don't realize how differently the world looks at us as we become more comfortable with ourself. Unfortunately living away from home and changing jobs far to often prevented me from experiencing this but I have seen many stories where personal relations ships are entirely different as the result of the transition process.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

JoanneB

Quote from: Dena on September 01, 2017, 07:30:56 PM
You may have changed a good deal more than you think over the last 2 years. Often we are so close to this that we don't realize how differently the world looks at us as we become more comfortable with ourself. Unfortunately living away from home and changing jobs far to often prevented me from experiencing this but I have seen many stories where personal relations ships are entirely different as the result of the transition process.
+1

I know most times I cannot see "The forest from the trees". Hence the need for my gender therapist and my reality therapist. Even then... I can't believe what they might say.

Full Disclosure... I am the prodigy of Thick Headed Irish & Even Thicker Headed Hungarian. I am REALLY SLOW on the uptake  :D
.          (Pile Driver)  
                    |
                    |
                    ^
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

R W

I saw my therapist for the 2nd time today. I started HRT on the 1st and she thinks I am doing very well. She says I might 'need' to think about using the female bathrooms soon while out in public. Very Nice To Hear!!! I have changed alot even though is is hard for me to see. She thinks I can present any way I want to and I will make it work. I had an incident at an interstate bathroom this weekend. I wasn't thinking about how I was dressed-tight bike shorts, tennis shoes, purple guy's tshirt, big black sunglasses and my hair is shoulder length Yellow/white streaks and looks perfect! Two 'gentlemen' almost fell over themselves as I came out of the mens room-it was loud and very funny as I think back on it. I was too tickled to be embarrassed so I just stepped it on outa there! I have changed so much since I first came here. Here I am looking at SRS like it could happen for me after all. One can always hope. We will see about that WITH my therapist's help! It feels so good to have everything done properly and have professional help.
  •  

R W

Hey everybody! I have been to see my therapist four times and will now see her once a month or whenever I need to see her. She thinks I am doing very well overall and has confidence that I will make rational decisions about my health and welfare-as well as that of my spouse. We are 60 and well adapted to each other and how we think about things in general. I think I will be like Kate and not move too far forward that I forget what I promised my wife I would do. Maybe sometime when it's just me-then I would go the rest of the way if my health was good. For now, it's ok with me just to be on hrt the right way. I just refilled my script and really enjoyed that small victory.

Anyway, my therapist has been a life saver. She helps me see I have already arrived-it's just time for me to accept and enjoy being the girl I am quickly becoming. I have to learn to be a woman and present myself confidently wherever I am. Now is the time to be assertive and step up and declare what works for me. What I want really does change alot. My moods change much quicker than I remember them doing before. I cry in movies and am very emotional at odd times. I feel pretty good today!
  •  

Laurie

Hi R W ,

It sounds like you have been doing very well and it makes me happy to read about it. Success is always nice to read about. I'm only a few years older than you and am out full time now so  it can be done. There are a lot of adventures out there for you to have. I have some myself to accomplish. Bathrooms have been a stumbling block for me as are using a changing room at the stores to try something on before buying it. You are doing great and it sounds like you have a good therapist to help you. Keep that number handy because one of these days something will not go well and you will likely need it. Mind you I don't want to see you have difficulties but it is likely to happen eventually.
  Hey have you tried locking yourself out of you car while dressed at a busy truck stop/gas station  several states away from home yet?  No? It's loads of fun. Take my word for it. lol

Anyway you are doing well, R W, keep it up.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

R W

I have been taking meds for a bit over 2 months and changes start quickly. I am very emotional and cry alot for no good reason. My chest is slightly fuller and itches alot on the outer side of each breast. The nips are pointy again which I also like. I am also carrying a bit more rear ballast which feels good when I walk or run.
  •  

R W

If not for my therapy sessions I would be a mess everywhere I go. At least now I can focus on my next step and with help from my therapist move toward it.
  •  

R W

Update: I am not having many issues as of late and I see my therapist at the end of Dec. We have had serious issues with her mom and mine. The past month has been a blur. I am doing well for the past week my R breast has been sore and a bit larger behind the nip. The L is getting a bit tender to the touch and is catching up I will assume. Being on meds has solved most issues I had before but not all and some days I am an emotional mess. So, it would appear change has come for me too.
  •