Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Neck, Shoulder, Back pain

Started by ALDean, August 16, 2017, 10:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALDean

I was on testosterone for about 3 years prior to stopping for personal matters. I have recently started again after a year off and am experiencing a lot of pain but I'm not sure if it is related or not. Due to a chronic illness that has effected the muscles in my heart, I have been medically advised against exercise for the past 3 years. I do have quite high muscle mass despite this from swimming as a teenager and college student. Regardless, this tells me that my pain isn't from over exerting muscles. It was suggested to me that it may be due to lack of using muscles and wanted to see if anyone here had an opinion on the matter or personal experience.

The pain starts in my neck around the top of my trapezius, runs into my deltoids and pectorals, and my dorsi.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate feedback.
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. I really can't diagnosis something like that but what you are describing could be possible. I really messed up my left leg and it returned to pretty much normal. I decided to take up walking to help control my weight and for the first 2 or 3 months, I could sometimes feel pain in the left knee. Constant use has cleared up the problem. It's not so much putting a load on the muscle but working it through it's full range of motion. Check with your doctor but maybe working through the full range of motions with a light weigh like a few pounds may be the answer.

A Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out there may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

If you give out personal information on Susan's you are responsible for any consequence.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site.  It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Dani

As Dena said, we cannot make a diagnosis for you. Only your personal physician can do that.

Having said that, there are many cardiac exercises that are appropriate for someone who has most types of cardiac issues, even if they have been sedentary for many years.

Again, get clearance from your personal physician before starting any exercise routine.
  •