Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Young children and transition

Started by Megan., August 27, 2017, 03:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

So,  I've got two wonderful children 5 and 3. They known Daddy is becoming a 'girl',  but I'm still keeping my presentation very androgynous around them,  to help them adapt; I'm happily full-time femme otherwise.
I don't yet have any breast development of my own,  so usually use breastforms,  but have not yet around my kids.
Any suggestions on how to introduce this topic would be very welcome!

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
  •  

warlockmaker

Hi Megan, I have children from 5 to 33 years old. My worry was for the younger children still at school and their peer group reactions.

My 14/15 year old lives in Phuket with my wife, a french lady. She kinda already had an idea I was like, as she said, Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner. That her friends were not in the dinasaur age . So that was that. She is now very proud of me. But it is Thailand.

My 5 year old daughter lives with her mother, a Singaporean. Well she couldnt care less, she still calls me dad. When I first told her she just giggled. Her teacher, I can tell, was initially suprised. I had a chat with her and she was a very progressive thinker. I was the first tg she met. She assured me she would be watching for any issues. None has happened.

Keep it light and not serious, you have not done anything wrong, and its ok to be female or male. What an age to learn to accept that some people need change. This is what  the Thai children learn at an early age.You will always be their dad, you can ask them to call you sonething else but not mother, if she still has one.
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015
  •  

JoanneB

I knew a young couple with a MTF transitioning partner who had a 3 y/o and a newborn. Daddy is now a girl wasn't a big thing. She was always andro to a little fem in appearance. No where close to girlie-girl like I am. I doubt her breast forms had any affect on the kid at all since women have those bumps.
.          (Pile Driver)  
                    |
                    |
                    ^
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

Megan.

Warlock and Joanne,  thank you. My son  (5) really struggled with me changing,  he seemed very concerned we would no longer do 'boy'  things together,  which of course we do,  and I still enjoy! My daughter (3) seems far more relaxed about it all.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Anne Blake

Our boys were much older, 35 and 40 when I began to transition but my grandkids ranged from 7 to 16 mixed of 2 girls (youngest) and the rest boys. The girls, now 9 and 10, took to me right away and enjoy cuddling, shopping, art etc. The boys have not expressed any issues yet and I do make a point of taking them to the mountains and teaching them to know the magic of the wilderness. It really opened their eyes for their old grandmother (???) to be able to not only teach them things that quickly became dear to them but that I could more than keep up with their pace (sadly left their dad in the dust). I have given them full permission to ask any questions they may have but none of them have yet.

I realize that the things that I do with them seem to be split on traditional gender roles but that has been by their expressed interests and we are trying to encourage them to learn things about the "other" side but no interest yet.

As far as names, they go by my first name, dropping "pappy" and not picking up nana, etc. Although my favorite niece now has me as her favorite aunt.
  •