Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

NYC support groups?

Started by antia212, August 27, 2017, 06:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antia212

Hi, I'm new to the site. Is there anyone from NYC that can direct me to the trans feminine support groups in the area? I did a Google search and found a monthly meeting at the Gay Center, but was wondering if there are any others. A smaller group would be nice as I present as male and I'm only now coming to terms with being trans/in the trans spectrum. However, I'd be truly grateful to find anything.

I'm thirty years old and have been living in NYC for about eight years. Live in Brooklyn and work in lower Manhattan.

Thank you for reading. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

JoanneB

I'm on the Jersey side of what my wife calls "Trans Central" There has to be groups in the city. Callen-Lorde likely runs one. Not far from the PATH station at Journal Square is Hudson Pride, which has a TG group meeting, too early for me  :(

I doubt any TG group would be upset over a newbie showing up presenting as their assigned birth gender. We ALL Know the drill. We all are Thankful just to find a group.

Fear Not
.          (Pile Driver)  
                    |
                    |
                    ^
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

antia212

Just to follow up for anyone in NYC.

There are trans feminine and trans masculine support groups at the LGBT Center in the West Village the first Wednesday of the month from 7:30-8:30pm.

For those in Brooklyn, there's a TNGC support group every Tuesday from 6:30-7:30pm at the Brooklyn Community Pride Center in Bed-Stuy.

xoxo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •