Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Vegan Eating

Started by JamieLee, August 27, 2017, 07:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieLee

I started truly eating vegan when I decided to start transitioning, as I have noticed is a decision a lot of girls seem to make :) (or at least go semi-vegan)

But I had trouble finding recipes I liked and worked for me, so I thought I'd share some that I enjoy and are part of my daily/weekly food cycle :laugh: (I didn't find anything like this whilst searching, so I thought it might be helpful/enjoyable to those seeking vegan food stuffs :D)

QuoteApple, Almond Oatmeal Waffles

• 2 cup oat flour (make your own by putting 3 cups oats in food processor)
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1-2 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
  • 3 teaspoon Maca powder
  • 1 cup Soy milk
  • ½ cup Oat mil
  • 2-3 tablespoons Chia seeds
  • 2 tablespoons Hemp Seeds
  • 2 tablespoons flaxmeal mixed with 4 tablespoons warm water
  • ½ cup Dark Agave syrup
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large or 3 medium Granny Smith Apple, grated
  • 2 tablespoons Grapeseed oil

• Combine all dry ingredients.

• Next add chia seeds to milk and let soak for 5-10 minutes. Then add vanilla and agave syrup and mix until combined. Add wet ingredients, minus Flaxmeal egg replacement, to dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.

• Combine flaxmeal with mixture.

• Grate apples, with or without skins (personal preference), squeeze excess juice from pulp, and add to mixture.

• Add approximately 1/2 cup of batter (or whatever seems to fit) to your waffle iron and cook according to waffle maker directions.
Now, I store the remaining "batter" in the fridge and dole out what I want each morning. To which I add some soy milk to loosen the mixture, 3 teaspoons of Chia seeds and 2 tablespoons of a soy milk powder. I generally eat them with a nice coconut yoghurt (usually by dipping them :laugh:)

QuoteTurmeric Butter

• 155 grams Raw Cashew nuts, soaked overnight
  • 155 grams Brazil Nuts, soaked overnight
  • 60 mL Coconut oil
  • 3 teaspoons Nutrional yeast
  • 1 teaspoon Maca powder
  • 2 teaspoon Turmeric

• Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender, or food processor, and blitz until a smooth butter has formed. This can take anywhere from five to 10 minutes to accomplish.

• Place into sterilised jars and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
**I experimented with slowly adding 1 or 2 tablespoons of cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil once the 'butter' started to smooth out in the blender. It gave a much more enjoyable end product. I did this because I wanted a more good oil-dense butter.**

I use this butter in everything and anything; any dish I want a little something extra. I add to taste, generally :D

I'll add more as I get them organised :)
"For anyone who is considering a transition - prepare yourself, you're in for a bumpy but thoroughly enjoyable ride. Buckle up and make the most of it! Be brave, be proud and be true to you. Set yourself free - I promise it will be worth it. And for anyone out there who knows somebody who is transitioning... tell them how wonderful they are for doing it!" - Rhyannon Styles. The New Girl: A Trans Girl Tells it Like it is

Came out to Mother: 31/8/2017      Came out to Father: 9/9/2017
Started HRT: 1/3/2018 ;D
  •  

Julia1996

You can find some really good vegan recipes on Pinterest.
Julia
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

arice

I like Minimalist Baker and Oh She Glows for recipe ideas.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

•  

OU812

Veganism is sacrosanct to me. I've been veg for ~20 years and take pride in knowing fellow vegans, whom I regard as family. It is an ethically superior lifestyle and necessary for our planet to thrive. If I could support myself doing nothing but being a vegan missionary I probably would.

Some recommendations:
Dr. Fuhrman's supplements for DHA and the women's multivitamin.
Get everything as organic and minimally-processed as you can.
Fully raw-organic is highly cleansing, but difficult to get enough calories.
Try juicing. Carrots and parsley are potent sources of vitamins A and K respectively.
You need at least some uncooked fruits / veggies, or supplemental enzymes.
Follow Moby on instagram. He's a massive inspiration.
Hemp seeds are an ideal source of protein.
Ayurvedic food combining is really helpful - it's amazing how much the ancients knew.
Figure out if any foods disagree with you so you can avoid them and not blame the lifestyle.

Last but not least, do it for ethical reasons. Those who go vegan only for health generally revert. Those who do so out of compassion almost never do. (I blacklisted dairy, for instance, after I learned it requires a lifetime of rape for every dairy cow, along with separation from their calf.)

Years prior to transition, I had a long, laboured "coming out" as simply vegetarian, which led to being constantly berated by family and friends for years on end. Call me Socrates. I am the gadfly.
  •  

aves

Quote from: JamieLee on August 27, 2017, 07:54:18 PM
But I had trouble finding recipes I liked and worked for me

If you are willing to buy cookbooks, I have the Thug Kitchen series and they have really good vegan recipes. The books are all about no f*#@s given type of thing (and they swear a lot throughout, in case that would bug you). I really like their carrot dressing recipe in one of them, even just roasting the carrots as is instead of making the dressing is really good.

Here is a link to their website: https://www.thugkitchen.com/cookbooks
-aves
Sept 2017- First doctor's appointment; came out socially
Oct 2017- Came out to my extended family
Feb 2018- Endocrinologist appointment; let's hope this also means T!

English/Sociology student
  •