Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Why Am I Prohibited From PMing All Members?

Started by z38, August 27, 2017, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z38

I just made two posts here and wanted to PM two or three members to have them chime in. But clicking on any of
their names got me ERROR HAS OCCURRED. You are not allowed to access this section. What's the problem?
  •  

FTMax

New accounts need to make 15 quality posts before private message permissions are turned on.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. The 15 post limit is designed to determine the intent of the new member. We have problems with spammers and trolls so this is one of our tools for ensuring a quality experience.

A Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out there may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

If you give out personal information on Susan's you are responsible for any consequence.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site.  It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

z38

Quote from: Dena on August 27, 2017, 11:41:40 PM
Welcome to Susan's Place. The 15 post limit is designed to determine the intent of the new member. We have problems with spammers and trolls so this is one of our tools for ensuring a quality experience.

A Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out there may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

If you give out personal information on Susan's you are responsible for any consequence.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site.  It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them
Finally, someone answered my question about why I couldn't pm anyone. Your screening and restrictions are quite sensible but I don't recall reading anything in the rules about a required 15 post minimum before pming is allowed. But the web certainly does have endless memory and I do my best not to damage myself or anyone else when posting. BUT I do have to say that those THREE fold verification are just...........
  •  

Devlyn

Hint: It's the big shiny red link that you've been given, oh, I don't know, three or four times now out of your ten posts?

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: z38 on November 18, 2017, 11:02:03 AM
Finally, someone answered my question about why I couldn't pm anyone. Your screening and restrictions are quite sensible but I don't recall reading anything in the rules about a required 15 post minimum before pming is allowed. But the web certainly does have endless memory and I do my best not to damage myself or anyone else when posting. BUT I do have to say that those THREE fold verification are just...........

Finally?? The quoted text you posted has a date at the top showing the answer you received was back in August when you posed your question. The question has been answered in several of your threads previously also. Our members are best served to become familiar with the information in those links provided. Unfortunately many skim them (if they're read at all) and do not remember them. I believe that is why we seem to be answering these questions  frequently.
  As for the "THREE fold verification" you talk of I am not sure what you mean. My apologies.

Laurie
Global Moderator.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Faith

three fold is the captcha stuff. You have to do it every post that you make until your post count comes up. I forget when I no longer saw them but it was sure nice when they went away :D
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Faith on November 18, 2017, 11:42:59 AM
three fold is the captcha stuff. You have to do it every post that you make until your post count comes up. I forget when I no longer saw them but it was sure nice when they went away :D

Thank you Faith,

How quickly you can forget unpleasant things once their gone. I am sure this measure has to do with our efforts to keep bots out of our site.

Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Yumistar

Yay found answer thanks all, will the verification thing at the bottom disappear as well after 15 post or does that stay forever?
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam(I will either find a way or make one)

•  

Dena

The verification will end soon enough. For reasons of security, I am not posting when it will end.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •