Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Gender: Beyond the Binary - video presentation and Q&A session (1 hr 10 min)

Started by Michelle_P, August 27, 2017, 10:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

I did a presentation on "What is Gender: Beyond the Binary" on August 20, 2017.  The presentation addresses the many facets of gender and its determination beyond the traditional male/female binary, including some basic broadly accepted definitions, and some of the recent science regarding medical discoveries on transgender persons.

I offer this for members to make use of in their educational efforts.

The video of the presentation and Q&A session is now released for public use.   I've attached the video links and a link to the handouts for the presentation.

And yes, I did put in a big plug for Susan's Place.   ;D

Presentation Handouts (PDF. 1.5 Mb)

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Rowena_Ellenweorc

Oh my gosh!!!! I'm excited!!!!! I'll take a look when the kidlets are in bed (daughter is watching Arthur and its requiring being hooked up to the comp I'm on)
~Ren

Born May 1989 - Assigned Female
October 2016 - Came out to self/online
Feb/March 2017 - Officially came out to husband
April 2017 - Realized I'm Non-Binary
June 2017 - Started Therapy
August 2017 - Came out to parents
October 2017 - modified FB profile
November 26, 2017 - Came out https://www.facebook.com/notes/karen-ren-losee/please-read/10155966104353223/ on FB

"Walking beside the guilty and the innocent
How will you raise your hand when they call your name?"
- Bon Jovi "We weren't Born to follow"

I am done crying over not being feminine.
I am done griping about being too masculine.
I will be me.
And that's a non-binary being.
I am... ME!

This... is MY story
The story of a girl trapped in a guy's body.
A boy trapped in a girl's body.
No.  Its the story of a... human being.
- From one of my poems
  •  

Megan.

Thank you Michelle,  currently on a rare and precious break with my kids,  but I'll watch it as soon as I can. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•