Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

On life's bumpy road

Started by Sarah_P, August 28, 2017, 09:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley3

Great pictures and you look like you're really enjoying life more... congrats on that upcoming name change!
  •  

Roll

I meant to reply a few days ago but must gotten distracted, definitely amazing pictures! I can't believe you've only been on hormones 3 months.

The good news on the dream front... you won't have to rely on dreams to be what you want to be, because you seem to be living it in reality! (And cats are just jerks.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sarah_P

Thanks Ashley, thanks Ellie! Yeah, my cats are jerks. Good thing I love them anyway.   :icon_weirdface:

So I went to the monthly transgender meeting in Kansas City again, and had a great time. I talked to a few people about jobs in the area, and I might have some leads on a new job! Just need to finish that resume & get it out there.
Also stopped by a Goodwill store & spent more than I should have.  ;D But there were too many great dresses & tops in my size!!
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Sarah_P

Got my results from the doctor visit (we just tested testosterone, since I have to pay out of pocket & she was trying to help keep my expenses down).  8 ng/dL! Way down there where it should be, so no need to up my spiro (thankfully, it's the expensive one - though I need to go price checking elsewhere).

Really wishing i had something to do for Halloween, but I never did get a costume. Painted my nails up for it anyway.

There's always next year!

Spoke with my step-mother today. I'd forgotten that she had yet to see me as Sarah before! When she saw me she just said 'I guess I have a daughter now!'  :D  I don't see her as often as I'd like. I keep trying to come up with a time for us to have a mother-daughter day out, but she's so busy with her final semester for her nursing degree (at 63!) & dealing with my lump of a father.

--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Sarah_P

On Sunday, I spent part of the day with a friend & her husband & 3-yo son. As I mentioned in the happy thread, they're now going to refer to my as 'Aunt Sarah' to him. Her husband also mentioned to me that i looked 'damn good' in my skinny jeans. Just so you know, he wasn't trying to hit on me or being crude or anything (I've known him for years & he's not like that), he just wanted to compliment me, and it did make me feel more confident.

Then I spent 2 days up in KC. I came up with the idea last weekend to actually stay up there overnight instead of driving back.... but completely forgot about that & didn't bring anything with me (change of clothes, makeup, etc..). Sigh...  So I ended up driving back Monday evening & went right back again Tuesday morning (80 miles each way). Good thing I like to drive!

Monday I visited my therapist, and she actually got me in touch with someone who works for a company I'm going to be applying to. I had a nice chat with her, and it sounds like a great place to work (especially since they're insurance covers transgender needs!!), so I hope I qualify for something. I'm sure I've said it before, but finding a new job scares me more than transitioning did (does?)!
OK - seriously, I've got to finish that resume... I've been putting it off waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

Tuesday I had my last laser appointment. I haven't signed up for any more, partly because I'm not 100% sure I'll be moving to KC or another town with them (Simplicity Laser, btw), but mainly because I think the laser has done as much as it possibly can. I've got too much gray hair already, and the laser just isn't doing anything for it, so I need to start up with electrolysis soon. I can't wait until I don't have to shave every single day....  Probably won't start electro until I move, though.
In the meantime I'll start using my Tria on my face (mainly my frustrating upper lip). I've been using it everywhere else, including my legs, and it seems to be working already (only done 2 full runs with it so far - every other week).

I sold some of my stuff (mostly non-anime stuff - Star Wars, Doctor Who, etc..), too. Got ripped off, but I was expecting that. I'd rather have the cash at this point, and selling online is a bit of a hassle for everything. I did sell a couple of games on Amazon recently, though.
I also got a hold of some old friends who run (ran) an anime store in Missouri, and while they're out of business now, they're going to get me in touch with some other dealers who might be interested in buying my collection. Fingers crossed!
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Laurie

Sounds like you are doing well in moving forward Sarah. It's not likely I'll be making another road trip this year. Perhaps next year we'll meet provided I get past this funk I'm in. Keep taking those steps to be who you are.

laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on November 08, 2017, 01:56:04 PMIt's not likely I'll be making another road trip this year.

Oh, Laurie...   I have Fresh Baked Cookies...   Ever so many of them...  Oatmeal cookies with pecans and raisins, Oatmeal cookies with white chocolate, good old chocolate chip cookies... 

Six pounds of cookie dough in the freezer, all in little pucks ready to be baked should I ever have a visitor...  The tea service is out, and the espresso machine is hot, and cookies, Laurie, cookies...

(The honey badgers whispered that this would work...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 08, 2017, 02:37:05 PMSix pounds of cookie dough in the freezer, all in little pucks ready to be baked should I ever have a visitor...  The tea service is out, and the espresso machine is hot, and cookies, Laurie, cookies...

(The honey badgers whispered that this would work...)

Well, it's working for me, but I'm ever so far away...

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Sarah_P on October 29, 2017, 09:39:49 PM
Got my results from the doctor visit (we just tested testosterone, since I have to pay out of pocket & she was trying to help keep my expenses down).  8 ng/dL! Way down there where it should be, so no need to up my spiro (thankfully, it's the expensive one - though I need to go price checking elsewhere).
While you are at it, check the price on Sprio in pills half the dose you are currently taking. I hear that the larger pills are more expensive per milligram than the smaller dosage. Seems that when it's used as a blood pressure medication the dosages are lower so the lower dosage is more common. Taking two at once is a small price to pay if it cost less.  As for the price check, try Good Rx
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Laurie on November 08, 2017, 01:56:04 PM
Sounds like you are doing well in moving forward Sarah. It's not likely I'll be making another road trip this year. Perhaps next year we'll meet provided I get past this funk I'm in. Keep taking those steps to be who you are.

Well, by then I should be living elsewhere, likely Kansas City. Once I actually have a kitchen of my own, I can work on my cooking skills again, and experiment on yo.... er, provide you with perfectly fine & tasty treats.
Though I don't think I can compete with Michelle's 6 pounds of (potential) cookies! Hmm... how far away is she? The lure of cookies is powerful, indeed!
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Dena on November 08, 2017, 04:08:45 PM
While you are at it, check the price on Sprio in pills half the dose you are currently taking. I hear that the larger pills are more expensive per milligram than the smaller dosage. Seems that when it's used as a blood pressure medication the dosages are lower so the lower dosage is more common. Taking two at once is a small price to pay if it cost less.  As for the price check, try Good Rx

Thanks Dena! I think you or someone else had suggested that site before, but for whatever reason I didn't try it. Looks like I can cut my spiro cost in half! More so if I do drop it down to the smaller size.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Sarah_P

Gah!! I completely forgot about this months trans meeting in Kansas City, which was last night. Oh well, I can't really afford the extra gas right now, anyway.

Today is my 4-month hormoniversary! Things are going well. My breasts seem to be growing slowly and steadily. Not like I expected them to bulge out overnight or anything.  :eusa_think:

I'm going up to Kansas City tomorrow to hang out with some friends & celebrate 2 birthdays that happened this week. No idea what all we'll be doing, but I'm sure it'll be fun.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Laurie

Spending time with friends is always nice when you are able to be yourself. Have fun Sarah.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Sarah_P

Well, I did have fun (mostly) in KC on Saturday. Plus I'm stuck in the middle of some family drama - something I've desperately tried to avoid most of my life. Sorry for the length, I'm going to rant a bit.

So on Saturday we went to a comic store, and my friend (that I live with) & I both bought something. Since it is literally the only comic series I buy (Future Quest - combines all the 70s Hannah Barbara action cartoons into one amazing story - I highly recommend it), I let my friend get his frequent shopper card punched for my purchase. He then said 'You're a scholar & a gentleman.', which made me flinch, but it was his follow-up correction 'oops, I mean lady' that really upset me. He did it RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GUY AT THE REGISTER! When we got out of the store I told him just how wrong what he did was. OK, MAYBE the store clerk just thought that my friend made a simple goof, but it's equally possible I was just outed.  And you know what? my friend had the nerve to get angry & moody as a result of my telling him that what he did upset me!

He's also repeatedly deadnamed me in public (so far not where anyone overheard), including at dinner AN HOUR LATER!!  >:( . I really want to think he's not doing it on purpose, he's just incredibly absent minded, on some meds that are likely dulling his thinking, and he's known me as a guy for almost 20 years. But the fact that this keeps happening is making me wonder.
There's also something that a lady friend of mine (his daughter-in-law) has said, that he has no respect for women whatsoever. I really hadn't seen it until lately, but I'm thinking she's right. He's just one of those guys that THINKS he's supportive & respectful towards women, but really (perhaps subconsciously) thinks they're silly, stupid, and incompetent. Plus she told me that every time she's around him, he's always staring at her boobs and butt (and he is - I've seen it myself).
Though he apparently at least slightly sees me as a woman, since on the trip up to KC he said 'Don't worry, I'll protect you' (can't remember what we were talking about that led up to that). Really? The only courage he has is the gun he's always carrying. A 5-year-old could beat him up otherwise. Plus, I'm in far better shape than him, I have some skill in martial arts, and I carry a taser. Seriously - I can take care of myself.
I swear, he's just absolutely convinced that he's the only person in the entire world who knows anything, and everyone else is just a blithering idiot that constantly gets in his way. I have this feeling that once I get out of here I may not want anything to do with him anymore.

That's not all... As I said, this is the friend I live with, along with his wife (who has been incredibly good to me so far). I was invited to my lady friend's (OK, let's call her 'T' to make this slightly more coherent) thanksgiving dinner (my friends son, daughter-in-law, and grandson). So T told her family that her friend Sarah was coming, but her husband also invited his sister ('E'), her husband, and their 3 kids. So I'm not out to that family, since E's husband is more than a bit anti-LGBTQ, and my friends I live with are worried that he may forbid his kids from coming over to their house anymore while I live here if he did find out about me.
I just can't do that to my friends or to their grandkids. T & her husband have been incredibly good friends, and really want me to be happy & free to be Sarah. This is awesome of them, but it's really ramping up my desperation to go full-time. I'd been seriously considering it, even with the potential danger of attacks (verbal & physical) from people in this town. But I just can't.

Now I'm feeling more trapped than I've ever felt. I've got to get out of here!! I've applied for several jobs (see my thread in the employment area), but with Thanksgiving this week, I doubt I'm going to hear from anyone before early December. Plus I'm really going to have to scrounge for money to move with unless I can manage to sell my stuff (which I'm still waiting to hear back from people - again, likely delayed by the holiday). I may just have to use my fallback plan of finding whatever job(s) I can, even if it's not in IT (if I haven't heard back from anyone soon).
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Laurie

•  

Roll

What Laurie said!

However you approach this, just keep in mind one important thing: You seem to be wanted there, and that counts for a lot.

Also, I looked up Future Quest. Please tell me that it in some way references Birdman having a law degree. ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sarah_P

Thanks Laurie, thanks Ellie.

Quote from: Roll on November 20, 2017, 12:07:37 AM
What Laurie said!

However you approach this, just keep in mind one important thing: You seem to be wanted there, and that counts for a lot.

Also, I looked up Future Quest. Please tell me that it in some way references Birdman having a law degree. ;D

So far they haven't, but I haven't read volume 2 yet. I'm currently reading a 1200-page novel, so it may be a while....
The first volume was just amazing. They gave Birdman & Space Ghost actual back story (something the cartoons never had), and Space Ghost is like insanely powerful. There's a scene where an allosaurus is chasing Dino Boy & Ogg, and it's taken down by a single head shot from Race Bannon (from Johnny Quest). So awesome.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Megan.

Deadnaming sucks, sorry that happened to you. I was out with my best friend of 20 years the other night,  I've been full-time for 6 months,  and they deadnamed me. I simply corrected him without making a fuss, and we moved on.
My old boss at work also has a bad habit of this,  but it's never once been deliberate.
There seem to be people who can just switch and always get it right after,  and there are a few people I know who continue to struggle with it; you can see them consciously working on it.

Bide your time,  get some cash together,  then get out when you can. It's hard now,  but keep the long picture in your mind. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Sarah_P

Thanks, Megan. I just wish I knew that it wasn't on purpose.  :(

I know it's entirely my fault that I haven't gotten out of here yet. I should have been saving better, and I should have been getting my resume out a month or two ago. In my favor, I'll say that I'm far more comfortable as myself around other people than I may have been even a month ago. Plus I'm far more motivated now than then, too. Self-confidence is still a yo-yo that bounces up & down on an hourly basis though.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Megan.

Unless your friend is doing it everytime,  I'd try cut them some slack (with a gentle reminder).
And try not to think about the 'could have beens', we can't fix those. Look forward and chase your dreams! X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•