Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

On life's bumpy road

Started by Sarah_P, August 28, 2017, 09:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah_P

OK, so bit of a thing at work this morning. One of our library board members came to talk with the director, and as it turns out someone had sent an anonymous letter to the city about me & my employment with the library. Apparently the letter, while containing foul language and slurs, was not seen as a criminal threat, but the city manager decided it was worth alerting the police.

So we just had a meeting between me, the board member, the director, and a detective captain about it. They all wanted me to be aware that everyone - the city, the mayor, the police force, the library board - were all on my side and wanted me to be safe. The detective didn't seem to think it was likely to escalate, since in his own words 'this person is obviously a coward, and will continue to be a coward', but if I feel in any way threatened or uncomfortable with anyone's behavior (or if my property is vandalized or notes left) to call him immediately. Obviously if I'm more immediately threatened or in danger, to call 911.

I... I'm surprised it's taken this long for something to come up, considering how conservative this town is, but this outpouring of support just floors me. I'm trying my hardest not to burst into tears, but several are leaking through anyway. I feel so awful that I ever misjudged these people. I realize that those fears were born from my own doubts and self-loathing pre-transition, but even so I shouldn't have, and I definitely should have rid myself of them before now. I've said it before, but I can't imagine what I've ever done in my miserable life to deserve all the good people I find myself surrounded by, even the ones I can't always see at first.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Jayne01

OMG Sarah! I'm not sure how to respond. This is both wonderful and awful at the same time. It is wonderful that so many people have come to your support. Most people have lots of good in them. But the person that wrote the letter...... that must have made you feel awful to hear about that. What kind of person takes the time to write an anonymous hate letter about someone they don't even know? Hopefully it is nothing more than some cowardly words written while hiding in the shadows.

But so awesome that you have so many people watching your back.

Jayne
  •  

Cassi

Sad that it happens.  Some people are not ignorant, they're stupid and will always have a lower IQ and blame others for their flaws and failures.

Just stay safe.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Sarah_P

As much as I'm sad someone who, like Jayne said, probably doesn't even know me or even come to the library would be so ignorant and hateful to write those things and try to get me fired (side note, I don't know what was actually in the letter, the detective just gave me a general idea - he didn't even mention it being specifically for being trans), there's no way I can feel bad with all the people supporting me. It just proves that there are more good, decent people in this world than there are hateful people. Which is something I've known, but the hateful people are so loud sometimes I forget.

I don't know how anyone can compare the old me and the new me and not see how much happier and friendlier I am now. Of course, that's the problem for some of these people, isn't it? How dare someone be happy when they're miserable (usually of their own making).
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Jayne01

What a great outlook you have. I too can see how much happier the new me is compared to the old me, even presenting and being treated as a guy all the time. I can't even imagine how much better I would feel if I could be me outwardly as well as in the inside.

I'm very happy for you.

Jayne
  •  

Colleen_definitely

While it sucks that you have a fan writing love letters, the reaction from everyone up the food chain is absolutely AWESOME!
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Sarah_P

I also wanted to mention something else that was said after the detective left the meeting. I told the guy from the board that I was sorry, and I never wanted to cause any problems for them or the library. He looked me right in the eyes and said 'Sarah, YOU are not a problem. You've never been one, and you never will be. This cowardly person is the problem, and we're all here for you'. He then gave me a hug.

Every time I think about that I break into tears! It also leaves me rather torn - I really need a job where I make more money, and I really want to live in a city again, but it's going to be so hard to leave all these people who have been so caring and supportive.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Sarah_P on March 18, 2018, 02:48:17 AM
I told the guy from the board that I was sorry, and I never wanted to cause any problems for them or the library.
Sarah, I don't know you well enough to do it myself, but saying things like that will earn you a slap from Laurie. You have nothing to be sorry for girl. You have not caused any problems, it's all the coward who wrote the letter. You are a great person, never be sorry for being you.

Jayne
  •  

Jayne01

Also, I can understand your dilemma about not wanting to leave these nice people and needing a better paying job. I'm certain whatever you decide to do, they will all support your decision.

Jayne
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Sarah_P on March 18, 2018, 02:48:17 AM
I also wanted to mention something else that was said after the detective left the meeting. I told the guy from the board that I was sorry, and I never wanted to cause any problems for them or the library. He looked me right in the eyes and said 'Sarah, YOU are not a problem. You've never been one, and you never will be. This cowardly person is the problem, and we're all here for you'. He then gave me a hug.

Every time I think about that I break into tears! It also leaves me rather torn - I really need a job where I make more money, and I really want to live in a city again, but it's going to be so hard to leave all these people who have been so caring and supportive.

Stories like this are what give me hope for this country and humanity in general. :)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Jayne01 on March 18, 2018, 02:55:45 AM
Sarah, I don't know you well enough to do it myself, but saying things like that will earn you a slap from Laurie. You have nothing to be sorry for girl. You have not caused any problems, it's all the coward who wrote the letter. You are a great person, never be sorry for being you.

Jayne

Thank you so much Jayne. I probably do deserve a slap for thinking that.

Quote from: Roll on March 18, 2018, 07:37:08 AM
Stories like this are what give me hope for this country and humanity in general. :)

Doesn't it? Did I mention this guy is also a Minister?
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Sarah_P on March 18, 2018, 10:43:30 AM
Thank you so much Jayne. I probably do deserve a slap for thinking that.

Doesn't it? Did I mention this guy is also a Minister?

Did you know that one of the lead singers for Buffalo Springfield is a minster in Colorado?

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Sarah_P

Hmm.... not much going on. Well, I've got another date with the same woman on Saturday.  :)

There was a great couple I was chatting with online, but the guy just got an amazing job offer halfway across the country, so they're scrambling to get packed and move, and there's no chance of us even meeting now. Sigh. Found another couple, but they just had a family tragedy a day after we started chatting, and won't be able to do anything for a while. Sigh.

I've had a lot of straight guys messaging me, and I almost met up with one nearby, but then a girl friend told me about the 2 times she got raped by guys on dating apps, so now I'm more than a little apprehensive.

I shouldn't complain, life is going pretty good at the moment otherwise. I've been really doing some thinking, and I'm pretty sure that 1 - I'm pansexual, not just bisexual, and 2- I'm polyamarous. I don't really have actual evidence of the later, but my desire to date a couple seems like a pretty big clue. I guess it's just not something I've thought about before (at least the labels, anyway - I just figured I'm kinky   :angel: .... which I am  >:-) ).

I just need to be patient, it'll all happen eventually.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Roll

No dates in 20 years and jumping right into polyamorism, impressive! ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Roll on March 21, 2018, 10:46:11 PM

@ Elllie:   Hmmm, you and Sarah and others on here talking about dates and dating has brought up the fact that I have not updated everyone here about my report a couple of weeks ago about my Male Suitor... well, actually 2 Male Suitors now.   
As I have indicated in several of my past posts, due to my situation here in the small conservative town I live in, the opportunity for me to date again is both exciting and very frightening at the same time.  I have been out on 2 somewhat casual dates or outings with Guy #1 and so far the relationship has not progressed past holding hands, hugs and a quick kiss or two....  now all of a sudden there is a Guy #2 on the scene that is making moves on me and he is being quite aggressive and it is nerve-wracking to say the least
Guy#1 I met briefly at my local coffee shop and the next day he brought me coffee to my office, he is so very polite and somewhat shy too.   
Guy #2 I met at the local gym that I frequent with several of my cis women friends ....  he is kind of a jock, very well built, and somewhat full of himself.   I am not too enamored with him at this point.

The big issue for me is when to I tell any of these guys that I may get more serious about.... tell them about my transition....  I am just about at that point with Guy #1 .... It is only fair to him and the right thing for me to do when it does get more serious.   I am a nervous wreck about all of this attention.   
I will keep you all updated as this develops more.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Laurie

Sarah_P

Now you listen here young lady, you just better be counting your blessings that I have been busy and missed your complaing and whining several days ago. Jayne is absolutely correct you did deserve a good slap or two followed by a warm hug.

I'll have to think about this..... You may just get them yet. You might want ti check if the top of the fridge is clean too.
  I just don't know what to do about you girl.

Hugs (for now),
   Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Roll on March 21, 2018, 10:46:11 PM

It's still only theory at this point....

Quote from: Laurie on March 22, 2018, 01:57:17 AM
   Now you listen here young lady, you just better be counting your blessings that I have been busy and missed your complaing and whining several days ago. Jayne is absolutely correct you did deserve a good slap or two followed by a warm hug.

I'll have to think about this..... You may just get them yet. You might want ti check if the top of the fridge is clean too.
  I just don't know what to do about you girl.

Hugs (for now),
   Laurie

Oh great, now I've been targeted by miss slap-happy! Wait.... I don't have my own fridge. I'm safe from that at least!  :D
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 22, 2018, 12:34:37 AM
@ Elllie:   Hmmm, you and Sarah and others on here talking about dates and dating has brought up the fact that I have not updated everyone here about my report a couple of weeks ago about my Male Suitor... well, actually 2 Male Suitors now.   

Yay you! I'd have to agree, drop #2 and stick with #1. Confidence is one thing, but arrogance & aggressiveness just don't appeal to me in the slightest. Hopefully #1 takes the news well, or at least won't out you to the entire town. Good luck!  :)
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Colleen_definitely

#2 wouldn't last long for me, I can't stand that sort of personality personally.

So Sarah, making up for lost time are we?  ;D
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

BrianaJ

Hi Danielle,

I'll throw my 2¢ in.  I agree - get rid of #2.  He sounds like a shallow quick sex kind of person.
~~Be kind~~
  •