News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

On life's bumpy road

Started by Sarah_P, August 28, 2017, 09:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

Wow!  Congratulations!

I'm thinking there must be something in the electrons here...
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Sarah_P

Megan, Laurie, Michelle, thank you all!   :D
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Roll on April 04, 2018, 10:11:20 PM
squee();

private void squee() {
  if (sarah_has_girlfriend) {
    System.out.print("Squ")
    while (sarah_has_girlfriend) {
      System.out.print("e");
    }
  }
}

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You should work for Squeenix.  ;D
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Colleen_definitely

Hey I know Alexa!  We did voice training together.

Talk about a small world.  Congrats!
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on April 05, 2018, 07:56:49 AM
Hey I know Alexa!  We did voice training together.

Talk about a small world.  Congrats!

Thanks! I wondered if you might.

I'm still amazed at how few trans people I meet in KC who have heard of Susan's. I guess TTI is enough for most (though too expensive for me!).
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Roll

Quote from: Sarah_P on April 05, 2018, 12:59:28 PM
Thanks! I wondered if you might.

I'm still amazed at how few trans people I meet in KC who have heard of Susan's. I guess TTI is enough for most (though too expensive for me!).

What is TTI?
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Allison S

Aw happy for you Sarah! You've come such a long way it's amazing

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Roll on April 05, 2018, 07:41:41 PM
What is TTI?

The transgender institute, a therapist in Kansas City.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Allison S on April 05, 2018, 09:25:40 PM
Aw happy for you Sarah! You've come such a long way it's amazing

Thanks Allison! I'm continually amazed, myself.  :)
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Sarah_P

Spent the weekend with my Girlfriend. (I LOVE SAYING THAT!!!) Have I mentioned I'm in love?  :icon_joy:
Alexa & I are now a couple on Facebook.  :D That makes it truly official, right? :P

Anyway, Sunday was cold and snowing. SNOWING IN APRIL. Sigh.....  Anyway, I've successfully lured her cat Nigel to the dark side. Or am I the light side? .... eh, either way.  :D

Then Alexa joined us. Nigel was not amused.

I swear, that cat is the most loving animal I've ever met. He's just so happy to have someone pet him. My hand however is covered in scratches. He loves to grab your hand and guide it to where he wants to be petted.  :-\
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Roll

My tiny sweet cat that I lost about two years ago did that, it was the most precious thing. Hurt like crazy though. ;D (Also, as I lost weight I realized I have extensive cat scratch scarring. So that's funny. :P)

And I am so happy you are so happy!!!!!!!! ;D It really warms my heart. Watching you (and everyone that welcomed me so warmly way back when now as well :D) blossom has been such an amazing source of inspiration for me!!
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Roll on April 10, 2018, 10:39:44 PM
My tiny sweet cat that I lost about two years ago did that, it was the most precious thing. Hurt like crazy though. ;D (Also, as I lost weight I realized I have extensive cat scratch scarring. So that's funny. :P)

And I am so happy you are so happy!!!!!!!! ;D It really warms my heart. Watching you (and everyone that welcomed me so warmly way back when now as well :D) blossom has been such an amazing source of inspiration for me!!

I've never met a cat before that did that! Living with 2 mostly aloof cats for 16 years has made me forget how wonderful a real lap cat can be.

And thank you!
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

bobbisue

Quote from: Sarah_P on April 10, 2018, 10:16:55 PM
Spent the weekend with my Girlfriend. (I LOVE SAYING THAT!!!) Have I mentioned I'm in love?  :icon_joy:
Alexa & I are now a couple on Facebook.  :D That makes it truly official, right? :P

Anyway, Sunday was cold and snowing. SNOWING IN APRIL. Sigh.....  Anyway, I've successfully lured her cat Nigel to the dark side. Or am I the light side? .... eh, either way.  :D

Then Alexa joined us. Nigel was not amused.

I swear, that cat is the most loving animal I've ever met. He's just so happy to have someone pet him. My hand however is covered in scratches. He loves to grab your hand and guide it to where he wants to be petted.  :-\
Congrats this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy love is awesome I'm so happy for you

Bobbisue :)
[ gotta be me everyone else is taken ]
started HRT june 16 2017              
Out to all my family Oct 21 2017 no rejections
Fulltime Dec 9 2017 ahead of schedule
First pass Dec 11 2017
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: bobbisue on April 10, 2018, 11:42:11 PM
Congrats this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy love is awesome I'm so happy for you

Bobbisue :)

Thanks Bobbisue! I've never felt anything like this before, and I was really surprised it happened so quickly. It hurts so much living 100 miles apart. At least we get weekends together. I have got to find a job and get moved.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Sarah_P

Wow, been a while since I've posted on my own thread.  :P

Overall things have been great, except for getting turned down for yet another library job (plus several IT jobs that just sent a rejection email). If it weren't for Alexa I think I'd have sunk deep into depression again. I'm (mostly) OK now, though I'll feel better when I see her again tomorrow night.

I'm probably just going to have to look for some crappy job to get by until I can find something better.

I finally got an email back from my sister!! She was happy to hear from me, but I get the feeling she isn't 100% behind my transition news. She basically said she's happy that I've found what makes me happy, and that's OK with me. This is the first time we've spoken in 20 years and all.

I'm also going to try to contact my aunt who lives in Missouri. I've got her number, just haven't called yet.

Oh, and I finally started selling my stuff on e-bay. Well, posting it. Haven't sold anything yet, but we'll see.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Roll

Sorry the job search is going the way it is. :/ Glad you have Alexa to keep positive!!!

Hope it goes well with your aunt! I'm also glad your sister seems to be at supportive!

But yeah, I'm about to start really listing my big ticket stuff on ebay too. I'm dreading dealing with it but... its do or die time, and I need the money to live off with putting so much into transplants.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Jayne01

Hi Sarah,
I'm sorry you are having difficulties with the job hunting. Don't lose hope, keep looking. There is a job out there somewhere with your name on it.

Good news with your sister. It has been a long time since you have last spoken. She responded by accepting you and happy for you. Hopefully you will now get the chance to become closer as sisters. I hope it goes well with your aunt too.

Good luck selling your stuff! I hope you get lots of money. [emoji846]

Jayne
  •  

Sarah_P

Thanks gals! I'm definitely feeling better today. I'll keep looking on the job front. I'm sure I'll find something, just need to expand my searching I think.

Quote from: Roll on April 19, 2018, 05:08:36 PM
But yeah, I'm about to start really listing my big ticket stuff on ebay too. I'm dreading dealing with it but... its do or die time, and I need the money to live off with putting so much into transplants.

My biggest ticket stuff will be the hardest things to part with, but potentially giving me all the money I might need to move and start savings for GCS. I've got several sketches by famous Japanese artists that I might end up selling (especially since one is signed to my deadname - which also makes it harder to sell). There's a couple I can't sell, because I promised the artist I wouldn't. I've also got some original animation cels for a few series that might go over moderately well.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

steph2.0

Hi Sarah,

I've been on the run so long that I'm way behind on everyone's threads. I'm so happy for you and Alexa, though I have to admit that when I first saw you mention her, I thought you were having a weird affair with an Amazon Echo.

Don't worry about the job. You're beautiful and talented, and someone will finally see past the acronyms on the resumé and hire the person behind it.

Good luck on selling your stuff. I need to get going on that kind of thing, too. Need to pay for hair transplants.

I haven't seen Ashley for a while, so I'll  say this for her: Onward we go, dear sister!

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Sarah_P

Thanks Steph! Believe me, I've made a few Alexa jokes with her. They usually result in a death glare and/or punch in the arm. Or worse, but I won't mention that here. >:-)

I know I'll find a job eventually, it's just disappointing.

Sometime soon I'll be helping my mom with a garage sale, and in addition to selling a few things of my own, she's giving me 10% Of the sales for helping. That'll help with funds, too.

Ashley? She probably got lost in the bikini section of some big store. :D
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•