Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

On life's bumpy road

Started by Sarah_P, August 28, 2017, 09:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Sarah_P on April 21, 2018, 10:54:49 AMAshley? She probably got lost in the bikini section of some big store. :D

Or burned to a crisp from all those binoculars trained on her on the beach.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Sarah_P

So I had sent a return e-mail to my sister, and she hasn't replied. I mentioned my new relationship status & gave her my facebook info to friend me. I was on facebook at the time the friend request went through, but a few seconds later when I clicked accept, it said it was no longer valid.
I'm wondering if this is just a glitch, or if she looked at my profile and cancelled the friend request because she doesn't want HER friends seeing my LGBT+ status? The fact that I haven't had a response to the email is somewhat telling, though.

Hopefully contacting my aunt turns out better.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Roll

Quote from: Sarah_P on April 24, 2018, 05:23:35 PM
So I had sent a return e-mail to my sister, and she hasn't replied. I mentioned my new relationship status & gave her my facebook info to friend me. I was on facebook at the time the friend request went through, but a few seconds later when I clicked accept, it said it was no longer valid.
I'm wondering if this is just a glitch, or if she looked at my profile and cancelled the friend request because she doesn't want HER friends seeing my LGBT+ status? The fact that I haven't had a response to the email is somewhat telling, though.

Maybe she just needs more time to process it? I wouldn't give up hope yet!
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Roll on April 24, 2018, 09:15:41 PM
Maybe she just needs more time to process it? I wouldn't give up hope yet!

I suppose so. I'm not sure how much of a big deal it is to me anymore. Like I've said, my blood family is less family to me than my step-family, as well as all my dear friends (in person and here!). I'm not feeling down about it at all, really, it was just a 'wouldn't it be cool if..' kind of thing.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Laurie

Your big sister (me) can't wait to give you another hug Sarah. Most of my sisters don't talk to me anymore so I'm free to adopt. Jessica did and I suspect many others have also. You have lots of sisters girl.
  I almost can't believe we talked for that long. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jayne01

Sorry your sister is not responding to you. Maybe it is just a matter of needing more time to process.
I can be your sister from Aussie land! You have lots of friends and adopted family here.

Jayne
  •  

Sarah_P

Thanks gals! I'm happy to have so many awesome sisters.  :D
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Roll

Quote from: Sarah_P on April 25, 2018, 06:39:34 AM
Thanks gals! I'm happy to have so many awesome sisters.  :D

I shouldn't be your sister because it makes my impure thoughts weird even for me.  <3 >:-)  :-* ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Roll on April 25, 2018, 08:41:42 AM
I shouldn't be your sister because it makes my impure thoughts weird even for me.  <3 >:-)  :-* ;D

;D  I actually thought that myself.... <3 :icon_nosebleed:
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Sarah_P on April 24, 2018, 05:23:35 PM

@Sarah_P ...  I am so very sorry to hear about all of that with your sister... your family and perhaps your sister's friends too....
You have made the decision that you feel is the right one for YOUR own life and I can personally testify that there will be those that knew your old male self that will not easily accept you.  I have my share of heartaches over that as well.
You don't have to read too deeply in my "...Danielle's Chronicles" thread to see that I am have most of the same issues.
It is devastating to have those that you were so close to, and even related to, to reject you and break off contact.

But as you stated you have new friends here that support you....  we are your adopted family.
I enjoy reading your updates, seeing your pictures, 
...and I am always looking for you to post new replies on your thread.
Hugs, and wishing your well,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Sarah_P

WARNING: RANT INCOMING!

So. Yeah. As of tomorrow morning I put in my 2 week notice at work. I'm fed up with this. Ever since I mentioned to my boss that I had a girlfriend, she's been riding me hard, complaining about every little thing I do. She just got back from her vacation today, and immediately handed me an official letter stating I was no longer allowed to use library computers for non-library business. This is in response to a facebook post I made during business hours. Yeah, most places that would be an issue I suppose, but I spend 95% of my day doing NOTHING. I have to stay at my desk until someone needs something, so now I'm just staring at a wall all day. That post took all of 10 seconds to make (on my
phone!). She complains when I don't do things that require me to be away from the desk, but also complains about me not being at the desk while I'm doing those things. She apparently completely ignored everything I did while she was gone. I handled all sorts of issues, helped tons of people, and gave up part of my own lunch time one day so others wouldn't be late to their own lunches. She used to be like this all the time, a completely hypocritical vindictive b***. She got better after several employees left (retire, quit, and passed away), but she's been slowly sliding back to her old habits. I will not continue to work in that environment, where I'm literally the only one who is singled out, despite everyone else doing brief personal stuff during work hours.

The plan: I'm moving in with Alexa. Most of my stuff will go into storage, and it'll be a bit cramped until her lease is up in September and we find a bigger place (which she was going to do anyway). I'll find a basic job, preferably at a marginally decent company. Maybe a checker at Target. It feels like I'm starting over as far as my working life goes, but that actually seems fitting, since I'm starting my life over anyway. Meanwhile I'll work on a degree or certificate for IT. Not sure my web development is going anywhere anyway.

I'll probably have some time after I move to really get more stuff posted on ebay (which is going fairly well so far!).

Now to find someone with a truck...
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Northern Star Girl

Dear Sarah....  I read your self titled post... "WARNING: RANT INCOMING!" ... and I can surely testify that it was indeed a rant and when reading I could obviously tell that you are very upset over your stated work issues and issues with your boss.   

I will be looking for your next update, perhaps tonight (I see that you are still online and logged in) or maybe tomorrow morning.   
Let the dust settle, sleep on it tonight.... the sun will rise tomorrow morning and the earth will still be turning... so maybe tomorrow will be a better day and you can clearly think about your next moves.

May I offer some free and unsolicited advice??   Never quit a job until you have another one lined up.   You will be much more attractive to a future employer if you still have a job and are working.....

Please read my reply and may calmer heads prevail.... 
I will be looking for your next posting.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Sarah_P on May 02, 2018, 11:25:35 PM

So. Yeah. As of tomorrow morning I put in my 2 week notice at work. I'm fed up with this. Ever since I mentioned to my boss that I had a girlfriend, she's been riding me hard, complaining about every little thing I do. She just got back from her vacation today, and immediately handed me an official letter stating I was no longer allowed to use library computers for non-library business. This is in response to a facebook post I made during business hours. Yeah, most places that would be an issue I suppose, but I spend 95% of my day doing NOTHING. I have to stay at my desk until someone needs something, so now I'm just staring at a wall all day. That post took all of 10 seconds to make (on my
phone!). She complains when I don't do things that require me to be away from the desk, but also complains about me not being at the desk while I'm doing those things. She apparently completely ignored everything I did while she was gone. I handled all sorts of issues, helped tons of people, and gave up part of my own lunch time one day so others wouldn't be late to their own lunches. She used to be like this all the time, a completely hypocritical vindictive b***. She got better after several employees left (retire, quit, and passed away), but she's been slowly sliding back to her old habits. I will not continue to work in that environment, where I'm literally the only one who is singled out, despite everyone else doing brief personal stuff during work hours.

The plan: I'm moving in with Alexa. Most of my stuff will go into storage, and it'll be a bit cramped until her lease is up in September and we find a bigger place (which she was going to do anyway). I'll find a basic job, preferably at a marginally decent company. Maybe a checker at Target. It feels like I'm starting over as far as my working life goes, but that actually seems fitting, since I'm starting my life over anyway. Meanwhile I'll work on a degree or certificate for IT. Not sure my web development is going anywhere anyway.

I'll probably have some time after I move to really get more stuff posted on ebay (which is going fairly well so far!).

Sarah, I am sorry your work environment has deteriorated to a place where you felt that you need to quit. I thought the people you worked with were always really nice to you and you enjoyed working there?

You have a good positive attitude. This is an opportunity for you to make new beginnings for your new life. I hope many great opportunities come you way with your career. At least you will get to see Alexa all the time now.

Sorry, I can't help you with a truck. Even if I still had my truck, the steering wheel is on the wrong side. [emoji846]

Jayne

EDIT: Danielle posted her reply as I was typing mine. I must have misread what you said about leaving your job. I thought you had already handed in your notice to leave. Allow me to reiterate what Danielle said about waiting for your mind to settle down before making any major decisions. If this job has no future, try to hang in there until you have another job lined up. Get some rest and clear your mind.
  •  

Laurie

Calm down girl. I will agree working in a hostile environment is no fun, but I have to agree with that @Alaskan Danielle. I will look better if you were going from one job to another while still employed. Look for that temp job near Alexa if you need to but get a job lined up then leave Mrs Hostile. You can stick it out that long. I do have a pickup truck but It could take some time to get there. You'll likely need one sooner.

Hang in there girl.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Sarah_P

I appreciate it everyone, but it's already done. I didn't want to have to do this, I know it's better to not be unemployed, but I'm certain part of the reason I'm not being hired is the time it would take for me to get moved. Either they don't want to wait or don't think I can move as quickly as I claim I can.

Over the last 8 months I've applied for over 70 jobs. Only 3 have bothered with interviews, and of course none want to actually hire me. As I said, I'm lowering my expectations and finding whatever job I can find.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Sarah_P on May 03, 2018, 07:40:06 AM
I appreciate it everyone, but it's already done. I didn't want to have to do this, I know it's better to not be unemployed, but I'm certain part of the reason I'm not being hired is the time it would take for me to get moved. Either they don't want to wait or don't think I can move as quickly as I claim I can.

Over the last 8 months I've applied for over 70 jobs. Only 3 have bothered with interviews, and of course none want to actually hire me. As I said, I'm lowering my expectations and finding whatever job I can find.

Sarah:
  I am so sad to hear that you are having these difficulties.  Continue to be persistent and keep applying for jobs...  but I have a "word" for you....  "Never Lower Your Expectations"  .... and of course, for now, find whatever job that you can.   

In my past experiences I have worked at a several companies... the first really good paying job I was able to get was going well for about a year, the money and my position was great, but the company went broke and I was out of my high paying job... and I still had house payments, car payments, etc....  I immediately looked for work and found a much lower paying and less prestigious job, but it was a job nevertheless, even though the money was not as much as I needed, the income did offset most of my important expenses....
... then through contacts and friends on that job I was able to find a newer better and higher paying job that ended up being the best job I ever had working for any company.   

Moral of my story...  never give up, keep your expectations high, never quit a job without having another one in the works, then if you have to, get any job that you can to offset expenses while earnestly trying to find a better job.

Again Sarah... I am so sorry to hear of your difficulties.   Please stay positive... when people approach a positive person they can sense it.... positive people with positive attitudes do attract positive results.

Please keep us updated... 
Hugs and more hugs, and wishing you well.
Danielle

•  

Sarah_P

Thanks Danielle, but I'm absolutely positive. I feel fantastic, in fact. Once I finally get moved I think I'll feel like a heavy chain finally snapped and set me free.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Sarah_P on May 03, 2018, 11:34:50 AM
Thanks Danielle, but I'm absolutely positive. I feel fantastic, in fact. Once I finally get moved I think I'll feel like a heavy chain finally snapped and set me free.

Sarah:  It appears from what you have written that you feel very confident, and that is good. 
I trust that everything works out for you as you have planned.   
It is always a joy to read your regular updates and to see your pictures when you feel comfortable posting them.

I will be looking for those updates of yours!!!

Hugs, and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Sarah_P on May 02, 2018, 11:25:35 PM

Wow, I had a boss just like that. What completr witches they were/are... I think that's a good plan. You tried and put up with it, but at some point it gets too tiring. I know how that goes. I left my job last week and I'm at the same point as you right now.
Feels good to finally start fresh [emoji4] I may move also. Isn't it fun!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Jayne01

You have a great attitude Sarah. You have been wanting to break free from your current surroundings for a long time. This is your opportunity for a fresh start. I'm sure with your positive outlook, you will do great. Sending you my best wishes for your new life.

Keep the updates coming.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •