News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

On life's bumpy road

Started by Sarah_P, August 28, 2017, 09:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Hi Sarah,

It was good to see you and Alexia out and having fun. I am glad you two are together and in a better place for you to find work. It help when you are happy too. Pride events can be a lot of fun and @Jessica , @Michelle_P , and I are descending upon @Tessa James ' place this weekend so we can attend all the Astoria Pride events. We plan to fave a bunch of fun.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Laurie on June 03, 2018, 01:52:49 PM
Hi Sarah,

It was good to see you and Alexia out and having fun. I am glad you two are together and in a better place for you to find work. It help when you are happy too. Pride events can be a lot of fun and @Jessica , @Michelle_P , and I are descending upon @Tessa James ' place this weekend so we can attend all the Astoria Pride events. We plan to fave a bunch of fun.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Thanks Laurie!! Sounds like you've got an awesome weekend planned. I'm sure the Astoria Pride is a little larger than KC's. Have fun!!!
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Laurie

I don't think it will be as big as the KC one Sarah. This will be their 3 year of celebrating Pride, Astoria is a very small city and the festivities will draw from 5 or 6 nearby communities. Even at that it is much smaller than the Portland, Or one that happens the following weekend. Neither has the population of KC.

Laurie

•  

Tessa James

Quote from: Laurie on June 03, 2018, 04:20:25 PM
  I don't think it will be as big as the KC one Sarah. This will be their 3 year of celebrating Pride, Astoria is a very small city and the festivities will draw from 5 or 6 nearby communities. Even at that it is much smaller than the Portland, Or one that happens the following weekend. Neither has the population of KC.

Laurie

Thanks for the update on Astoria Laurie.  Wouldn't want anyone to think we are Astoria NY (a neighborhood within Queens, how fitting) tho our visionary perspectives are uuuge!! ;D
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Tessa James on June 03, 2018, 05:23:52 PM
Thanks for the update on Astoria Laurie.  Wouldn't want anyone to think we are Astoria NY (a neighborhood within Queens, how fitting) tho our visionary perspectives are uuuge!! ;D

I forgot to add that though Astoria may be smaller it was certainly a lot of fun to participate in. Right, @Tessa James ? btw Tessa we bought our cocktail and Gayla tickets online already.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Roll

Quote from: Sarah_P on June 03, 2018, 01:26:17 PM
Woohoo!!! #KCPride18! (Kansas City Pride 2018, for the hashtag-deficient).

I got photo-bombed by TGI!  :D  FYI, my hair's not shorter - I had it tied back because it was too hot otherwise!

We ran into our friend Diane, who was seriously into it! Plus a pink dinosaur!

Some shots of the fair. For some reason I didn't get shots of all the tents for dealers. Most of them didn't want pictures taken, anyway. Should have taken more in general. Probably would have, but Alexa forgot her phone!  :o  BTW, the whole thing was much bigger than my photos make it look. It was just stretched out along a road, and not spread out in a square or anything.

We decided to get in on the whole flag thing. I got my smaller trans and pan flags, and Alexa got the big trans flag (btw, I need to pay more attention to the background when I take pictures of people.... sorry, Alexa!). I was wearing my flags from the back, tucked through my belt for most of the fair.  8)

It was a lot of fun, and there were so many awesome people there. I was so happy to see lots of trans folks (of all varieties) there, too! Many wearing the flag like capes. There was one family with a teenage trans son with 'The scary trans person the media's warned you about... is my son!' t-shirts. I had to go up to them and thank them for being such wonderful and supportive parents.

Other than that, tons of people selling some awesome stuff. I almost bought the rainbow angel wings. There was a leather dealer with tons of fun custom made stuff ( >:-) ), but it was too expensive for us. Maybe when I get a job (fingers crossed!). There were two tables that would glitter you for free, but we didn't partake, since I know how invasive it is. We'd be finding glitter everywhere for a month or more. There was also a carnival, which we walked through but didn't partake of. I don't trust mobile carnival rides, and the food is pretty bad compared to what else was available. Of course most of the food all over there was over-priced, especially this one huge stand (completely absurd prices like $12 for a smoked sausage!).

If Alexa wasn't working today we'd probably go back again. Ran into some other friends, too. Definitely be there again next year!

Ah, Sarah, mon chère! Très belle!!  :-* ;D

I already commented a bit on twitter, but so happy the two of you had fun!!!! I'm so jealous! (Of what you may ask? Everything!! <3 :P) I hope I have even a remotely decent experience when I go to Augusta, GA Pride in a few weeks (plus I hope hair transplants will be healed enough by then to wear wig comfortably in scorching Georgia summer weather), but I can't imagine it will be anywhere near the level of the KC one it sounds like. But then I'll have Atlanta pride in October and that one should be massive (with a super heavy trans representation since it is Atlanta I'd imagine), plus I'll be 10 months in at that point and hopefully a few pounds lighter so maybe I can have some real fun.  >:-)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Roll on June 03, 2018, 05:44:08 PM
Ah, Sarah, mon chère! Très belle!!  :-* ;D

I already commented a bit on twitter, but so happy the two of you had fun!!!! I'm so jealous! (Of what you may ask? Everything!! <3 :P) I hope I have even a remotely decent experience when I go to Augusta, GA Pride in a few weeks (plus I hope hair transplants will be healed enough by then to wear wig comfortably in scorching Georgia summer weather), but I can't imagine it will be anywhere near the level of the KC one it sounds like. But then I'll have Atlanta pride in October and that one should be massive (with a super heavy trans representation since it is Atlanta I'd imagine), plus I'll be 10 months in at that point and hopefully a few pounds lighter so maybe I can have some real fun.  >:-)

Thanks Ellie!! Hope you have fun! Are you going with anyone?
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Roll

Quote from: Sarah_P on June 04, 2018, 04:19:14 PM
Thanks Ellie!! Hope you have fun! Are you going with anyone?

Unfortunately no, no idea who I would go with. It's a bit of a drive from here, which really only works because I am visiting my brother at the same time (Augusta is actually my home town).
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Tessa James

Quote from: Laurie on June 03, 2018, 05:31:20 PM
  I forgot to add that though Astoria may be smaller it was certainly a lot of fun to participate in. Right, @Tessa James ? btw Tessa we bought our cocktail and Gayla tickets online already.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Smart move girlfriend !  they are going fast!  Fun is fully expected and I will be singing my heart out in the Q Choir that nite.  Yay us!
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Roll on June 04, 2018, 06:37:35 PM
Unfortunately no, no idea who I would go with. It's a bit of a drive from here, which really only works because I am visiting my brother at the same time (Augusta is actually my home town).

With any luck you may make some new friends while you're there.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Roll

Quote from: Sarah_P on June 06, 2018, 12:13:58 AM
With any luck you may make some new friends while you're there.

It crossed my mind! ;D I even ordered a new custom made shirt for it, though I'm worried it might not be here in time since they had to back order some female cut shirts. It's a tie dye trans flag shirt I found on etsy. (https://www.etsy.com/listing/248788640/trans-pride-flag-unisex-tie-dye-t-shirt) I figure worst case scenario, I have a new shirt with colors that look good on me! ;D (Seriously, the trans flag colors are like... my colors.)
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Roll on June 06, 2018, 12:21:07 AM
It crossed my mind! ;D I even ordered a new custom made shirt for it, though I'm worried it might not be here in time since they had to back order some female cut shirts. It's a tie dye trans flag shirt I found on etsy. (https://www.etsy.com/listing/248788640/trans-pride-flag-unisex-tie-dye-t-shirt) I figure worst case scenario, I have a new shirt with colors that look good on me! ;D (Seriously, the trans flag colors are like... my colors.)

If nothing else there'll probably be people selling various shirts there. You could change in a restroom or something!
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Roll

Quote from: Sarah_P on June 06, 2018, 09:55:15 AM
If nothing else there'll probably be people selling various shirts there. You could change in a restroom or something!

I was looking at the official shirts because I'd love to get a real souvenir, but the Augusta pride's theme is weird and unappealing to me. It's some like pseudo political thing around the phrase "We the People" and then the logo is that written in like old cursive with mixed flags. I thought it sounded really dumb to be honest, and the shirts are ugly. :P But I'm sure will be non-theme shirts being sold. I just really loved the tie dye look, the faded gradients instead of solid stripes! :D
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sarah_P

I'm now officially a Missourian! Got my license switched over yesterday. Waiting on the official one, but the picture doesn't look too bad on the print one! Which is nice, considering I didn't realize until I got there that I hadn't put on any makeup whatsoever, even some concealer for the upper lip. No one said anything, so yay!
The woman at the DL office was incredibly cool. I had to show my birth certificate, which still hasn't been updated, so I also brought my court order for my name change (interesting note - They gave me 4 official signed & sealed copies after my hearing, and I still have them all! Everyone just copies them and hands them back). I explained the situation and she had no problems, and we chatted for a bit about various things. Next is getting the car re-licensed, but that's going to have to wait for a bit.

This last Monday I had my interview with the Johnson County library, and it went very well. It's in the inter-library loan department, and my work history at the library, a mail room, retail shipping, and selling on e-bay all seemed to impress them. They said they'll contact me next week to let me know one way or another. Fingers crossed!!!

Other news.... I've put on way too much weight. Alexa's eating habits aren't nearly as light as mine had been, so between eating out (way too much, really - we're cutting back though) and my inability to say no to tasty fattening food when we're out shopping, I gained about 13 pounds. Time to start exercising again, and being more careful with what I eat. We've talked about going for walks, but it's been so blazing hot here that the only good time for that is the middle of the night. I've got my treadmill, but there's no room so it's in storage. She does have an exercise bike though, so I'll be spending some quality time on it. Trying to ignore the 18 bratwurst we got at costco that's currently sitting in the freezer. I got a bit over-excited with wanting to grill. But I am the Grill Queen!!

Last week we went around and looked at several apartments for when we move in September. Need to get at least a 2 bedroom so we can have an office / extra gaming space. If I get this job, we could easily afford a townhouse, which I would love to get. Our number one priority when choosing a place is if they have Google Fiber - it's a must have. Number two is LOTS of closet space. This is the conundrum of a  relationship between two women - too many clothes!! Thankfully we're mostly the same size (I'm taller, so my full length pants are too long for her), or it would be even worse. Of course, one of my questions at every place was the grill policy. Sadly, most places won't let you have a grill within 10 feet of the building. Sigh.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Jayne01

Hi Sarah,

Congratulations on getting settled in your new home, new driver's licence and hopefully (fingers crossed) nice new job.

I know the temptations of good tasting (fattening) food. Be strong! Resist! [emoji23]

Looking forward to reading more of your updates.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Sarah_P

Well sigh. I didn't get the job. But! She said I had a VERY strong interview, and she urged me to apply again for one of their upcoming positions. In the meantime I feel like such a burden on Alexa. She says I'm not, which makes me feel all the more that I need to contribute. I've got a couple leads on some part time jobs that could be good for some income while I work on a full time one, though!

My eBay selling is going fairly well. It'd be going so much better if I wasn't so limited in how much I can post in a month.i could post more with a business account, but I'm not a business! Plus I don't want to pay for the business account. They take enough money as it is.

We found a game store in Mission (part of the greater Kansas City area) that has ladies game night every tuesday night. They are 100% inclusive, and have no problems whatsoever with trans ladies! Everyone we met last Tuesday were really fun, so we are making this a weekly outing! Plenty of tables to play board games, card games (like magic the gathering And cards against humanity, not poker) or even have a role playing group.

Other stuff.... Still need to tag the car, but Missouri requires an inspection, which I need to get done. Hopefully the car passes, since I can't afford much for repairs. In mid August I'm going to file for my court order to get my gender change to get my birth certificate updated. I might actually talk to a lawyer first (If I can afford one) and see if they can do anything.

We're going to Alexa's parents for father's day dinner tonight. Should be fun.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Sarah_P on June 17, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
Well sigh. I didn't get the job. But! She said I had a VERY strong interview, and she urged me to apply again for one of their upcoming positions. In the meantime I feel like such a burden on Alexa. She says I'm not, which makes me feel all the more that I need to contribute. I've got a couple leads on some part time jobs that could be good for some income while I work on a full time one, though!

My eBay selling is going fairly well. It'd be going so much better if I wasn't so limited in how much I can post in a month.i could post more with a business account, but I'm not a business! Plus I don't want to pay for the business account. They take enough money as it is.

We found a game store in Mission (part of the greater Kansas City area) that has ladies game night every tuesday night. They are 100% inclusive, and have no problems whatsoever with trans ladies! Everyone we met last Tuesday were really fun, so we are making this a weekly outing! Plenty of tables to play board games, card games (like magic the gathering And cards against humanity, not poker) or even have a role playing group.

Other stuff.... Still need to tag the car, but Missouri requires an inspection, which I need to get done. Hopefully the car passes, since I can't afford much for repairs. In mid August I'm going to file for my court order to get my gender change to get my birth certificate updated. I might actually talk to a lawyer first (If I can afford one) and see if they can do anything.

We're going to Alexa's parents for father's day dinner tonight. Should be fun.
Sarah, sorry about the job. You have a great attitude, though. Don't give up. You will find something.

Oh yeah.....eBay take plenty of money from each sale. But it is convenient and gets results. I'm glad your sales are going well.

I enjoy reading your updates. You have a very positive outlook and are an all round happy person.

Have fun at Alexa's parent's dinner.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Roll

Ebay really gouges people on their cut, but they know you don't have other options so... Yeah. Sorry to hear about the job, I know what you mean about feeling like a burden. :/ But I have faith something will pick up soon! They clearly liked you, and if you keep in touch maybe they will just go straight to you for upcoming positions before going through the broader interview hassle and cost.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sarah_P

Wow, been a while again. Not much to say, still looking for work. I've got a phone interview tomorrow, and I've got my fingers crossed yet again for one of two library jobs. We'll see.

My boob growth seems to have slowed considerably. Not happy with that. I'm still just above an A. Gonna ask the doc on Monday for patches & progesterone.

Meeting lots of great people! Getting involved with various communities here in KC. Here's us at a get together a couple weeks ago. We both wore dresses, something we don't do often (but want and need to do more!!):

Went out yesterday in my short shorts. Please ignore the look of pain on my face, it's from stepping out into the insane heat we're having...

...Really need to work on that pale skin.  I've got a swimsuit (pic coming eventually? Maybe?), and have been tempted by the pool, but Alexa doesn't have one yet. We're working on that, as she bought some bottoms today. There's a top she really wants online, but never gets around to ordering it. I'll have to nudge her a little more.

We've got a um... special event we're going to Friday night, and I at least will be decked out all fancy-like. Stay tuned!
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Jayne01

Hi Sarah, good luck with your phone interview tomorrow. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

It's great to see you and Alexa getting involved with  various communities and enjoying life.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •