Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

faceapp and other gender change apps

Started by Bari Jo, September 04, 2017, 04:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

I can never figure out the norwood scale labeling. All I know is I have vertex balding (which is filling in with finasteride/minox/nizoral combo) and naturally thin hair on top(unrelated to balding overtime), with a solid hair line. (From the front it doesn't look like I'm balding at all other than the thickness when compared to the side, but an overhead/behind view shows it clearly.) All the pictures I see have the receding hairline as key in the numbering, so I don't know where I fit in.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

lilcuddlymouse

The pictures really don't help at all do they :D

I have to kind of guess at mine the hairloss on the side had progressed to about the midway point on top of my head and the vertex balding had just about engulfed the tuft of hair I had fighting for survival up front. Isn't it strange that what could actually be seen as a sign of virility can be such a nightmare.
HRT started: 27 July 2017
  •  

Leslie601

I love the app but can't figure out how to save image when I've made changes

Leslie
  •  

Sam79

Quote from: Leslie601 on September 21, 2017, 04:03:59 PM
I love the app but can't figure out how to save image when I've made changes

Leslie
For female images you need to create a 4 picture collage. Once that is done tap the downward pointing arrow in the top right corner to save it. You can then share it to other apps next time you tap on it, again the icon is in the top right. xx

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

•  

Sam79

Quote from: lilcuddlymouse on September 21, 2017, 12:26:34 PM
The pictures really don't help at all do they :D

I have to kind of guess at mine the hairloss on the side had progressed to about the midway point on top of my head and the vertex balding had just about engulfed the tuft of hair I had fighting for survival up front. Isn't it strange that what could actually be seen as a sign of virility can be such a nightmare.
I find the pictures trigger my dysphoria ( what I could be) then again this is who I could become! [emoji3]

@Roll, it looks like your vote wins! Will change it soon. xx

•  

HannahHindle

I ended up using a snapchat filter and face app at the same time and now I have an unrealistic expectation as to what I could like.  :'(

- Hannah
  •  

Roll

I'm impressed you got the images to "layer" right, I tried several times but it was always weird results.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sam79

Quote from: HannahHindle on September 27, 2017, 03:55:49 PM
I ended up using a snapchat filter and face app at the same time and now I have an unrealistic expectation as to what I could like.  :'(

I think we all feel, face app gives us unrealistic hope. However filter your original photo using the old option, how like older male relatives do you look? Someone else here who has transitioned said they can barely see any difference between the female filter and how they actually look now. So maybe... xx

•  

MeTony

In the girl pics I look like a young version of my sister. In guy-pics I look pretty much like my grandfather, or a mix between my uncle and my grandfather.

I don't look like my dad or my mom. I have my own looks.
  •  

HannahHindle

Quote from: Sam79 on September 28, 2017, 12:24:28 AM
I think we all feel, face app gives us unrealistic hope. However filter your original photo using the old option, how like older male relatives do you look? Someone else here who has transitioned said they can barely see any difference between the female filter and how they actually look now. So maybe... xx

The old filter doesn't really make me look like any one older relative in particular (to be honest a lot of the males in my biological line never made it to an old age and the one who did who I can remember I only look like a bit). However, that being said the male filter really makes me look like my dad. Like scarily close so perhaps. I hope so because I really like the results of this picture, as teasing as they are.
- Hannah
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: HannahHindle on September 28, 2017, 03:41:20 AM
The old filter doesn't really make me look like any one older relative in particular (to be honest a lot of the males in my biological line never made it to an old age and the one who did who I can remember I only look like a bit). However, that being said the male filter really makes me look like my dad. Like scarily close so perhaps. I hope so because I really like the results of this picture, as teasing as they are.

A lot of the female Picts of me look like slight differences that can be done with just makeup and a wig.  I see a couple and I look like my sister, the one that always called me names, I hate those.  The male filter of myself looks like a caveman.  The old filter looks just like me only older though too.  That filter really scares me.  I don't want to end up as an old man.  Please work HRT;)
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

rmaddy

Quote from: Bari Jo on September 28, 2017, 03:56:31 AM
A lot of the female Picts of me look like slight differences that can be done with just makeup and a wig.  I see a couple and I look like my sister, the one that always called me names, I hate those.  The male filter of myself looks like a caveman.  The old filter looks just like me only older though too.  That filter really scares me.  I don't want to end up as an old man.  Please work HRT;)

I totally get where you're coming from and I am on a similar path,  but getting old as a woman is no bargain either.  In aging, as in most of life, men gain advantage.
  •  

Roll

.......... Welp... I just got a huge start and my heart is beating really fast because I'm not sure how to process this.

Reading the previous few posts and realizing that I didn't have any image in my head of what I would look like as an old woman, I had the rather obvious idea to run my female picture through the old filter. And I look exactly like my deceased mother with a slimmer face. I knew I looked like her side of my family, but jesus... I mean it's so close I was instantly overcome with the same feeling of loss I get when actually looking at her picture.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

LaRell

Wow!  If I could end up looking like what this app makes me look like, I would be so incredibly thrilled!!!!  I'm just about in tears just thinking about it.  I've always thought I looked so "manly" and I hate it.  I don't like the idea of getting false hope from a phone app like this, but it is fun to get an idea what could potentially be possible.  And I most definitely like and would be very happy with what the app shows.  ha ha. 

http://My Pic  , on Flickr

LaRell

Quote from: Bari Jo on September 28, 2017, 03:56:31 AM
I see a couple and I look like my sister, the one that always called me names, I hate those.   HRT;)

I know that feeling well!  I always had a good relationship with my sister, but do NOT want to look like her.  It freaks me out when I use an app like YouCam Makeup to put makeup and hair on myself, and I look almost exactly like my sister, and it just freaks me out!  This FaceApp though, makes enough changes to my face, that I don't think I look like my sister.  So I actually like the pictures.

Roll

This one I really love because it is literally just my normal face with eyebrows and the light makeup, and it didn't even do a very good job on the make up (beard shadow still lightly visible). (A tiny bit of weird compression along the jaw line which is pure fat and I plan to ditch anyway.) But it just seems so obtainable I can't help but smile! (Wig is something i'm actually wearing, not added by app.)
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Roll on September 28, 2017, 10:28:45 PM

This one I really love because it is literally just my normal face with eyebrows and the light makeup, and it didn't even do a very good job on the make up (beard shadow still lightly visible). (A tiny bit of weird compression along the jaw line which is pure fat and I plan to ditch anyway.) But it just seems so obtainable I can't help but smile! (Wig is something i'm actually wearing, not added by app.)

Roll, you are making us all jealous:)

I'm too embarrassed to show my before pict, but I'm hoping the results are also obtainable.  Sometimes I love this app, other times I just hate myself, my beard, my face, everything.
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Bari Jo on September 28, 2017, 10:51:47 PM
Roll, you are making us all jealous:)

I'm too embarrassed to show my before pict, but I'm hoping the results are also obtainable.  Sometimes I love this app, other times I just hate myself, my beard, my face, everything.

Trust me, I'm cherry picking the results. :D My trouble area on my face is definitely the corners of my jaw, and faceapp just does weird things with it, so I have to find the right angle every time. My nose is more neutral than I realized but I still don't like it.

I'm gonna work up the nerve to post a before picture once I get covering up the beard with makeup down. I just can't bring myself to post something with that visible.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

rmaddy

You actually have good skin tone and hair color for laser though.  Electrolysis is almost always needed in the end, but laser gives faster results early on.
  •  

IzzyC

I've used faceapp a lot. I showed my mother one of the pics, and she said it just looked like my sister.

All the program did was put on makeup, give long hair, and change it from black to brown.
  •