Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

faceapp and other gender change apps

Started by Bari Jo, September 04, 2017, 04:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmaddy

More time with a set of makeup brushes, less with FaceApp!
  •  

Amy85

Yeah my profile pic is using faceapp. It may be completely unattainable but it looks like me and it looks like a woman so it makes me unreasonably happy. I even ran the pic through one of those digital makeover apps too.
  •  

Roll

Quote from: rmaddy on September 29, 2017, 12:18:18 PM
More time with a set of makeup brushes, less with FaceApp!

That's my plan for tonight! :D Faceapp was a great hold over until my "tools" arrived though!

Unfortunately, makeup doesn't fix the eyebrow issue (at least with what I have). And since I'm not out yet I can't have them shaped. :(

Also, Amy you look great in your picture! What you should do is grab hashface as well, it has the same filters as faceapp but also has a slider bar so you can readily see what it is changing. I think it is a good indicator of the attainability. (I had some pictures it was making unreasonable changes to, others that did virtually nothing like my most recent picture post.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

IzzyC

My avatar should be my faceapp pic though now.
  •  

Bari Jo

Ugh, FaceApp just updated their Female face.  I always like it over Female2 since fewer things changed in my face. This new Female face I'm not a fan of.  It barely looks like me, just a pretty girl.  Too many things updated.  This might be the cure of my faceapp addiction.
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Bari Jo on September 30, 2017, 07:39:26 AM
Ugh, FaceApp just updated their Female face.  I always like it over Female2 since fewer things changed in my face. This new Female face I'm not a fan of.  It barely looks like me, just a pretty girl.  Too many things updated.  This might be the cure of my faceapp addiction.

It is changed in hashface as well (where are these filters coming from that they share them?), so I used it to check the comparison more readily and I was kind of surprised it doesn't change much still, at least not on the pictures I tried it with. It seems to skim a little more off the jawline maybe, so perhaps it could be considered the post FFS filter?
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

You all look really good. I would imagine after you have been on hrt a while your results should be similar. What all can you do with these face app things. Will they change skin color?  I would love to see what I would look like with a normal skin color. And does it do like plastic surgery stuff? I would also like to see what I would look like with a nose job.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Roll

The main one in this thread doesn't have a lot of features, there are no options aside from female, male, and then some jokey filters like hitman, old, etc. There are definitely some apps that do what you want though I haven't found any that I'm happy with the quality of. Usually it is really difficult to get it to adjust the nose and all properly.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

I wrote the company asking to have female, female 2 and female 3 instead of replacing one.  I honestly can't see myself using it anymore unless that's restored.  The changes are too great.  I haven't tried hashface, mainly because you have to allow too much in the app, lime identity, location, etc.  Why does the app need to know this?  I'll look for another alternative.
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

Roll

Quote from: Bari Jo link=topic228054.msg2032385#msg2032385 date=1506806309
I wrote the company asking to have female, female 2 and female 3 instead of replacing one.  I honestly can't see myself using it anymore unless that's restored.  The changes are too great.  I haven't tried hashface, mainly because you have to allow too much in the app, lime identity, location, etc.  Why does the app need to know this?  I'll look for another alternative.

Advertising, its loaded with it unfortunately. :/
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

HannahHindle

It completely slipped my mind that I could use my actor headshots to have a look at what the app could do as they are probably the best quality photos I have of myself... the results...oh my god. I could die a happy woman if I looked like this.

- Hannah
  •  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

HannahHindle

- Hannah
  •  

Roll

~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Roll

So tonight I did my makeup for real for the first time. Didn't come out great, but good enough for a first real attempt. Good enough that I have the courage to actually post a before photo! So I not only am going to post a direct face app comparison, I put together a little animated gif meld so people can get a better idea of how the filter works without having to play with the inferior hashface. So here goes!

Before:

After:

Meld:

So the eyebrows/eyes are again the stand out. No issue replicating the eyebrows, eyes are a minor procedure of FFS I believe so also obtainable. A slight lengthening of the nose to be a bit closer to upper lip, also a relatively minor procedure (at least as opposed to sawing down bone), also maybe not even needed. Lightening of skin tone is the other big issue, but can be done with pure makeup and also is a normal facet of HRT I believe? So everyone who loves their Faceapp results, have faith!
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Thanks Roll, looking good.  I may have to try what you are doing too.  I think I may have been too harsh on the app.  It's more about finding which direction and lighting works for each style.  I was very used to the old female, and the new one completely changes my face using the same images.  I'll relearn what works best for my shape face.

•  

Julia1996

Roll, is the first picture your real picture?  I mean without using the face app ?
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Julia1996 on October 04, 2017, 06:40:30 AM
Roll, is the first picture your real picture?  I mean without using the face app ?

Since I spoke with her in a PM I think Julia has her answer already to this, but for anyone else reading: Yep, first is just me with beginner makeup on, no app.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Alrighty, I tried using new picts, makeup and the new faceapp female.  It's just too many changes.  The new one adjusts eyes, jaw, lips, way too much.  I decided to upload a gif showing my mug from a week ago to the old female.  Please be kind.  I'm fragile.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tt6qf6wyidzk06w/1x1208.gif?dl=0

Bari Jo

•  

Roll

I feel like that is 100% achievable! I don't see anything in the transformation that looks unrealistic. Increased softening of the jaw line shouldn't be a stretch at all, and everything else looks like basic cosmetics like with the eyebrows (it's always coming back to the eyebrows I feel like).

Don't be too self critical, the before picture doesn't look like a bad starting place at all to me. :) I think you have a better starting shoulder and neck place than I do too by far. Just by the nature of the picture I took for the sake of the makeup it didn't really show that on mine. (Though I'm hopeful that I can drop a few inches of circumference on neck, since a lot of people have said they went down several inches on HRT with muscle loss. Supposedly proper posture which I need to work on more with yoga will help a lot too, pulling the neck up and muscles straighter therefore narrower.) (Also I cheated a bit with the makeup and wig. It's amazing how far a little foundation and lipstick goes, and hair of course is huge on presentation. Without, my before would be quite different.)
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•