Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

faceapp and other gender change apps

Started by Bari Jo, September 04, 2017, 04:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Quote from: Bari Jo on October 04, 2017, 10:49:00 AM
Alrighty, I tried using new picts, makeup and the new faceapp female.  It's just too many changes.  The new one adjusts eyes, jaw, lips, way too much.  I decided to upload a gif showing my mug from a week ago to the old female.  Please be kind.  I'm fragile.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tt6qf6wyidzk06w/1x1208.gif?dl=0

Bari Jo
That picture is almost the same as your avatar.  With hrt and hair removal that's totally a realistic result.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Julia1996 on October 04, 2017, 11:21:13 AM
That picture is almost the same as your avatar.  With hrt and hair removal that's totally a realistic result.

Thanks Roll and Julia, I got choked.up reading your comments.  I'm fragile right now, no confidence.  Your comments help me see there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and not more tunnel.

I'm doing the beard removal, and hairline repair.  I hope to be able to present sometime after that.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

IzzyC

Quote from: Bari Jo on October 04, 2017, 11:40:46 AM
Thanks Roll and Julia, I got choked.up reading your comments.  I'm fragile right now, no confidence.  Your comments help me see there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and not more tunnel.

I'm doing the beard removal, and hairline repair.  I hope to be able to present sometime after that.

Bari Jo

Have you started laser/electro? Or have an appointment?

I have my first session this evening. People tell me its' painful but I have a bunch of tattoos and those weren't bad.
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: IzzyC on October 04, 2017, 11:46:14 AM
Have you started laser/electro? Or have an appointment?

I have my first session this evening. People tell me its' painful but I have a bunch of tattoos and those weren't bad.

It hurts, but it's tolerable.  Im giggling through the pain now.  I'm currently doing six hours of electrolysis a week.  I've had a session of laser on the chest and it worked well.  I wasn't planning on doing laser on the face.
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

IzzyC

Quote from: Bari Jo on October 04, 2017, 11:55:59 AM
It hurts, but it's tolerable.  Im giggling through the pain now.  I'm currently doing six hours of electrolysis a week.  I've had a session of laser on the chest and it worked well.  I wasn't planning on doing laser on the face.

Do you have lighter hair?

I'm told if you have light hair you'll need electro on the face, but if you have dark hair, then you can possibly get away with laser.

I have jet black hair so I'm going this route first, plus I got a 180$ groupon deal for 8 sessions. (Top of the line equipment too) New business opened up outside Atlanta so they're trying to build a client base.
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: IzzyC on October 04, 2017, 12:04:30 PM
Do you have lighter hair?

I'm told if you have light hair you'll need electro on the face, but if you have dark hair, then you can possibly get away with laser.

I have some dark hair, but very little in the grand scheme of things.  Yeah, jet black you are lucky!

•  

Roll

I have a dark brown hair color and am super pale (the foundation covers it up, but I'm probably paler than the lightened face app version :D), so praying laser is the ticket for me. Scared of electrolysis.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

rmaddy

Don't be too scared.  Sure it hurts, but think of it as a reverse tattoo--each burn removes a mark--and own the pain a little.  I did what I could with laser, but electrolysis still wins in the end.
  •  

Izzy Grace

Roll, holy bananas. I see no nose issues, but we're all our own worst critic, right? Seriously though, you're so lucky with that face.

This app is amazing.

I know this threads a tiny bit old, but I just found it today. So, I shaved. I havent been shaving in recent years because lets face it, I feel ugly and who cares, right? Is that a kind of dysphoria? I have never like looking in a mirror, especially after puberty.

Anyways, how come some of you are able to add head hair? I cant figure that out, maybe the android version is not as cool? I gotta borrow on iphone if thats the case. I've been thinking of switching anyway.

Also. I figured out that if I take my picture and put it through either the Spark filter or under the style tab the Makeup filter, save that, and then rerun that saved picture through female I get some pretty awesome results given what i have to work with. Event he female filters are cool, but I dont understand why my version seems limited, I even bought the pro version.
Starting Weight Oct 17: 234#  ♦  Current Weight 190#  ♦  Goal Weight: 155#  ♦  To Go: 35#

•  

Bari Jo

Hi Katie, I'm only on the free Android version.  I'm not sure why but it has always added hair when I use female and female 2.  I've never used the other settings in there.

Bari Jo

•  

Roll

Quote from: katiekatt on October 16, 2017, 10:11:38 AM
Roll, holy bananas. I see no nose issues, but we're all our own worst critic, right? Seriously though, you're so lucky with that face.

I admit, I've been very happily surprised how my face overall is structured with hair to frame it and no beard shadow visible to bias impressions. Historically I've always felt and had other people say that I have a very masculine face, but I think in reality the basic structure is neutral enough that whatever dominant features are visible (ie: hair in all its both terrible and majestic glory be it present on parts or absent in others) always draw the eyes and steal the show in a way that swung it to a masculine extreme. I'm hopeful this works in the opposite direction with a few more feminine features in place via HRT and changes in said hair. Still, hate my nose. ;D

This app is amazing.

I know this threads a tiny bit old, but I just found it today. So, I shaved. I havent been shaving in recent years because lets face it, I feel ugly and who cares, right? Is that a kind of dysphoria? I have never like looking in a mirror, especially after puberty.

Because mirrors are populated by demons that lie to you. But yeah, I didn't shave for many, many years because in my head I just thinking "screw it, nothing to be gained, it's hopeless anyway". It may not be dysphoria directly, but it is most likely dysphoria driven. The mirror part though, yeah, that's pretty much definitively dysphoria. Hated mirrors and hated pictures of myself for the same reason. (There are literally only about 5 or 6 pictures of me from a 15 year period, and I actively avoided them to the point that for her birthday one year my mom requested simply just one good picture of me.)

Anyways, how come some of you are able to add head hair? I cant figure that out, maybe the android version is not as cool? I gotta borrow on iphone if thats the case. I've been thinking of switching anyway.

Also. I figured out that if I take my picture and put it through either the Spark filter or under the style tab the Makeup filter, save that, and then rerun that saved picture through female I get some pretty awesome results given what i have to work with. Event he female filters are cool, but I dont understand why my version seems limited, I even bought the pro version.

I use the android version too, hair is just a crapshoot. NEVER SWITCH! ANDROID FOR LIFE! ;D Anywaaaay... sometimes it adds hair, sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes when it does, it's weird and wispy. I found it is typically better about adding hair with darker backgrounds and minimal lighting (like the first picture I posted). But that is why I just used the wig for later ones, it was frustrating to get a good face shot with weird hair.

I did one month of the pro version and wasn't too happy with it, but it was only like 2 dollars so whatever. There are some other apps out there that handle makeup way better. I just saved the faceapp picture then ran it through the Loreal makeup app for instance, it's not perfect but has a lot of options.

And just for fun, here is my most recent faceapp experiment using my blonde wig I've been meaning to post but keep forgetting to, so I'll just tack it on this one. Top left and bottom right are original, top right is female 2 i believe, bottom left female 1. I am praying that I get the HRT eye widening effect or I might have to go down the FFS rabbit hole, I really like the look of the eyes in the top right one. I feel like they really bring everything together. (Also, my eyes are hands down my best feature, male or female, courtesy of heterochromia, so just drawing attention to them in general is desirable.) Also, this is 100% not an accurate picture of me, there's one far more accurate in another thread that shows I really need to lose more weight and am not remotely passable like this particular picture makes me look. This is just about the most flattering angle I've ever gotten, so it was for sure going through faceapp. ;D

~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Your original pictures look really good Roll. Very feminine.  I think the blonde hair suits you very well.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Izzy Grace

Quote from: Roll on October 16, 2017, 11:35:23 AM
Because mirrors are populated by demons that lie to you. But yeah, I didn't shave for many, many years because in my head I just thinking "screw it, nothing to be gained, it's hopeless anyway". It may not be dysphoria directly, but it is most likely dysphoria driven. The mirror part though, yeah, that's pretty much definitively dysphoria. Hated mirrors and hated pictures of myself for the same reason. (There are literally only about 5 or 6 pictures of me from a 15 year period, and I actively avoided them to the point that for her birthday one year my mom requested simply just one good picture of me.)

I use the android version too, hair is just a crapshoot. NEVER SWITCH! ANDROID FOR LIFE! ;D Anywaaaay...

I did one month of the pro version and wasn't too happy with it, but it was only like 2 dollars so whatever. There are some other apps out there that handle makeup way better. I just saved the faceapp picture then ran it through the Loreal makeup app for instance, it's not perfect but has a lot of options.

And just for fun, here is my most recent faceapp experiment using my blonde wig I've been meaning to post but keep forgetting to, so I'll just tack it on this one. Top left and bottom right are original, top right is female 2 i believe, bottom left female 1. I am praying that I get the HRT eye widening effect or I might have to go down the FFS rabbit hole, I really like the look of the eyes in the top right one.

There ARE demons in mirrors! I too have avoided photos with a great gusto because they lock in the death forever!
Exactly, there is nothing to be gained by even trying, lol.

Ugh Androids getting on my nerves lately though. Always slow. Cleaned it up so many times. I dont know, maybe its just me lol! :laugh:

WOW, theres other apps?! I'm so airheaded, but glad you said it! I gotta get em all!

I'm thinking about posting this FA picture or two, but is there an area on here that doesnt get crawled and cached? I'm sure I'm having alot of issues over my face. I'd like to really really know the true feelings anyone has so I can determine how much of this is in my head, you know?

That blonde is awesome. You look lovely in all of these but honestly all it looks like to me is the app made it look like you applied makeup!
Starting Weight Oct 17: 234#  ♦  Current Weight 190#  ♦  Goal Weight: 155#  ♦  To Go: 35#

•  

Roll

Quote from: katiekatt on October 16, 2017, 01:48:28 PM
WOW, theres other apps?! I'm so airheaded, but glad you said it! I gotta get em all!

I'm thinking about posting this FA picture or two, but is there an area on here that doesnt get crawled and cached? I'm sure I'm having alot of issues over my face. I'd like to really really know the true feelings anyone has so I can determine how much of this is in my head, you know?

That blonde is awesome. You look lovely in all of these but honestly all it looks like to me is the app made it look like you applied makeup!

I think it is all cached. If you'd like you can PM me a link and I'll take a look. I've become pretty good at gauging the effects of this app. ;D

And while I was wearing moderately heavy makeup in the originals (beard shadow is just too heavy no matter what I do, and I had a disturbing Fabio look going with the wig and no makeup), the app does like an extra layer of lightening, as typically women have fairer complexions than men. Which the lightening is oddly is far closer to my real skin tone, minus the odd red tint around jaw line where I think the concealer was showing through in the photo or something. (But yeah, I'm pale. First foundation I bought was soft beige. Too dark to blend into my neck, and made it look like I tanned my face and nothing else. Second, which is in that picture, was I think classic ivory. Ivory, IVORY! STILL TOO DARK! I really should go outside more, at this point I think the right foundation is going to just make me look goth/emo.)

Quote from: Julia1996 on October 16, 2017, 11:53:45 AM
Your original pictures look really good Roll. Very feminine.  I think the blonde hair suits you very well.

Thanks! I'm enjoying it, thinking I might live up the blonde look as much as possible while I'm stuck with wigs anyway and get it out of my system. ;D I'm fighting too hard for real hair to risk it down the line with bleaches and dyes.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on October 16, 2017, 02:15:28 PM
I think it is all cached. If you'd like you can PM me a link and I'll take a look. I've become pretty good at gauging the effects of this app. ;D

And while I was wearing moderately heavy makeup in the originals (beard shadow is just too heavy no matter what I do, and I had a disturbing Fabio look going with the wig and no makeup), the app does like an extra layer of lightening, as typically women have fairer complexions than men. Which the lightening is oddly is far closer to my real skin tone, minus the odd red tint around jaw line where I think the concealer was showing through in the photo or something. (But yeah, I'm pale. First foundation I bought was soft beige. Too dark to blend into my neck, and made it look like I tanned my face and nothing else. Second, which is in that picture, was I think classic ivory. Ivory, IVORY! STILL TOO DARK! I really should go outside more, at this point I think the right foundation is going to just make me look goth/emo.)

Thanks! I'm enjoying it, thinking I might live up the blonde look as much as possible while I'm stuck with wigs anyway and get it out of my system. ;D I'm fighting too hard for real hair to risk it down the line with bleaches and dyes.

It sounds like you're almost as pale as me. I don't use foundation that much but when I need it for a blotch or zits I use Kryolan paint stick color 00. 00 is as pale as my skin which is pretty much clown makeup white. They also have one shade darker. Color 070. You can get it from their web site. They have all kinds of professional make up and concealer.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Roll

For me it is all about that stereotypical Celtic semi-transparent look that seems like I should burst into flames upon contact with sunlight. Leads to very splotchy red areas on skin and visible veins since everything shows through so easy. I'm not quite as extreme as some people I've seen with the same look (who are predominantly women, so maybe HRT will change that), but definitely more so than many. (Also, my skin tans/doesn't tan very inconsistently due to my psoriasis meds which doesn't help.)

My face for instance... looks like it might be slightly tanning, but closer inspection shows it's not, and any hint of color is actually a redness underneath the skin showing through. Which creates a huge contrast with my neck and other visible skin with less inherent redness. (If I hold my arm up to my face, it can be seen very clearly.)

I think the porcelain shades might do the trick. I found an online shade calculator that when I combined fair, not even fairest, tone with the red undertone it sent me to porcelains. (In contrast, selecting other undertones sent me to the Ivories, so makes sense that it is the redness pushing me over the threshold into the porcelains.)
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on October 16, 2017, 03:37:01 PM
For me it is all about that stereotypical Celtic semi-transparent look that seems like I should burst into flames upon contact with sunlight. Leads to very splotchy red areas on skin and visible veins since everything shows through so easy. I'm not quite as extreme as some people I've seen with the same look (who are predominantly women, so maybe HRT will change that), but definitely more so than many. (Also, my skin tans/doesn't tan very inconsistently due to my psoriasis meds which doesn't help.)

My face for instance... looks like it might be slightly tanning, but closer inspection shows it's not, and any hint of color is actually a redness underneath the skin showing through. Which creates a huge contrast with my neck and other visible skin with less inherent redness. (If I hold my arm up to my face, it can be seen very clearly.)

I think the porcelain shades might do the trick. I found an online shade calculator that when I combined fair, not even fairest, tone with the red undertone it sent me to porcelains. (In contrast, selecting other undertones sent me to the Ivories, so makes sense that it is the redness pushing me over the threshold into the porcelains.)

You're so lucky you can tan if you want to! I totally wish I could. But I'll be a ghost till I die. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Roll

Tan is a strong word for what I do. ;D Become slightly less pale before starting to burn is more like it.

I still think your skin is gorgeous and special!

Mine is just ridiculously common on top of everything else, far too many of my ancestors had far too many children. I can't remember who said it, I think Conan O'Brien, but I'll always remember the line itself "I was genetically engineered to live in a bog."
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

natalie.ashlyne

Well I downloaded the face app and was playing around with it and this is the results let me know how close and if it is realistic

•  

Bari Jo

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on October 17, 2017, 06:43:47 PM
Well I downloaded the face app and was playing around with it and this is the results let me know how close and if it is realistic

Absolutely 100%, way closer than any of the rest of us!

•