Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

faceapp and other gender change apps

Started by Bari Jo, September 04, 2017, 04:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Hi girls 🙋 I think it definitely matters what pic use.  I did several tries, some were horrendous.  The one I'm using is very close to what I look like.  A bit more fat in the cheeks and I'm her.  When FaceApp generated it, I actually cried because it was so close.
Smiles, Jessica 💁

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Roll

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on October 17, 2017, 06:43:47 PM
Well I downloaded the face app and was playing around with it and this is the results let me know how close and if it is realistic

I agree with Bari Jo, it's extremely close so definitely possible!
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Roll

Quote from: Jessica on October 17, 2017, 08:16:19 PM
Hi girls 🙋 I think it definitely matters what pic use.  I did several tries, some were horrendous.  The one I'm using is very close to what I look like.  A bit more fat in the cheeks and I'm her.  When FaceApp generated it, I actually cried because it was so close.
Smiles, Jessica 💁

Yeah, it is so inconsistent and easily botches angles, but when it works... god I love it. :D
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Izzy Grace

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on October 17, 2017, 06:43:47 PM
Well I downloaded the face app and was playing around with it and this is the results let me know how close and if it is realistic

I mean, to me, this is great. I feel like I've seen all kinds of people use everyday makeup to get as far as this app has changed you easily.

Quote from: Roll on October 17, 2017, 10:18:00 PM
Yeah, it is so inconsistent and easily botches angles, but when it works... god I love it. :D

It was a tense bit of time while I waited for you to see my photo and respond.

That picture is a real motivator for continuing and sticking to my weight loss too. I'm going to find the right background so it will give me hair better.... bah, i'm just going to buy a wig and makeup and go for it. I've seen the simulation, bring on the real world testing! (Pulls out phone and takes new pic for face apping, lol)
Starting Weight Oct 17: 234#  ♦  Current Weight 190#  ♦  Goal Weight: 155#  ♦  To Go: 35#

•  

Roll

I learned a hair trick! If you have the premium filters, take your photo and run it through the bangs filter. Then save that, and use it as the basis for the female filter. It manages to add hair much more effectively for whatever reason.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Nanina

I just found out about this app a minute ago while browsing through the forum.
Great fun! I did some quick snaps and i really like the results.
If anything like this would be possible through HRT and FFS i would go for it right away.
This is probably just a dream...
Anyway, here are the results from just two quick snapshots that i took.

•  

Roll

Try it while wearing makeup if you can, you may be surprised how little it does to come out to the same picture and I think realizing that was a huge confidence boost for me.

On an aside, I really hope I remember this thread to check back in a year or two and see how close results get to Faceapp.

*Goes back to starring at faceapp image I ran through like 4 filters...*
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Nanina

Quote from: Roll on October 26, 2017, 03:39:27 PM
...check back in a year or two and see how close results get to Faceapp.

Please do. That would be very very interesting.

I am not good at doing makeup yet. It's hard i have to say.
I don't really know what to buy and where to start.
There are just so many products. It's overwhelming.
It's definitely easier to be a guy when it comes to makeup and beauty products :P.
  •  

Izzy Grace

i'm obsessed with faceapp lately, but hope to take the fantasy into reality with makeup experiments very soon in anticipation of hrt right around the corner

i found a pretty robust photo editor app for adding and adjusting facial editing and generally playing at whats possible with makeup and such
Starting Weight Oct 17: 234#  ♦  Current Weight 190#  ♦  Goal Weight: 155#  ♦  To Go: 35#

•  

rmaddy

Quote from: Nanina on October 26, 2017, 03:54:17 PM

Good brushes.  Well matched foundation, preferably mineral.  After that, it's all a matter of taste.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Nanina on October 26, 2017, 03:54:17 PM
Please do. That would be very very interesting.

There are just so many products. It's overwhelming.
It's definitely easier to be a guy when it comes to makeup and beauty products :P.

Hi Nanina

There are couple of things I did that helped me a great deal with makeup.

I went MAC and got a makeover which kind of showed me the basic techniques, although  be careful they do expect you will buy some stuff and I think its the same for most of those kinds of companies.

The other thing I did which seemed to help me the most was not taking on too much at a time.

I started by finding a liquid foundation, lipstick, and eyeliner. I wore only these three items until I was confident I could apply them correctly and they appeared how I wanted them. I then added blush, mascara, contours, highlighter with only eyeshadow to add at the as the last one to make up my look. The main reason I left the eyeshadow to last is that I wear glasses so you don't really see it.

I can now do my makeup for day in about 30 minutes and to a standard I am happy with. This whole process was far quicker that I thought.

I use Target brand foundation, primer,setting agent and it works so well, without the cost. Check out some of the reviews on Utube vids about cheap cosmetics.

Good luck and I am sure you will achieve the look you want with some practice and perseverance
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

meatwagon

i can't use any of the interesting filters on faceapp without buying a subscription, so i got one temporarily, only to find that i still couldn't use the male filter.  it would only give me previews.  so i found another app, hashface, which has fewer settings to play around with but does have the exact same gender filters for free.
what i did was run an awkward selfie through hashface to get the "male" result, then put that through faceapp to play with the other options on there.

here's the original
here's the collage

the last one, i just put it back through the female filter out of curiosity... it ended up looking like one of my sisters
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: meatwagon on October 29, 2017, 08:17:05 AM
i can't use any of the interesting filters on faceapp without buying a subscription, so i got one temporarily, only to find that i still couldn't use the male filter.  it would only give me previews.  so i found another app, hashface, which has fewer settings to play around with but does have the exact same gender filters for free.
what i did was run an awkward selfie through hashface to get the "male" result, then put that through faceapp to play with the other options on there.

here's the original
here's the collage

the last one, i just put it back through the female filter out of curiosity... it ended up looking like one of my sisters

You make a really cute guy.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Roll

Yeah, the way faceapp does the collage/preview thing is weird and just part of the app no matter if you buy the premium ones or not. It's not a big deal, you can crop them down to the single picture again pretty easily if you want to. So unnecessary though.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Roll

~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

meatwagon

Quote from: Julia1996 on October 29, 2017, 09:47:03 AM

You make a really cute guy.
if i can even get half of that, i'll be happy!
Quote from: Roll on October 29, 2017, 10:01:57 AM
Oh my god you look exactly like the actor Alex O'Loughlin.
i had to do a quick google but i can definitely see it lol
  •  

Nanina

Quote from: rmaddy on October 29, 2017, 12:49:30 AM
Good brushes.  Well matched foundation, preferably mineral.  After that, it's all a matter of taste.

Quote from: ElizabethK on October 29, 2017, 01:35:21 AM
Hi Nanina

There are couple of things I did that helped me a great deal with makeup.

I went MAC and got a makeover which kind of showed me the basic techniques, although  be careful they do expect you will buy some stuff and I think its the same for most of those kinds of companies.

The other thing I did which seemed to help me the most was not taking on too much at a time.

I started by finding a liquid foundation, lipstick, and eyeliner. I wore only these three items until I was confident I could apply them correctly and they appeared how I wanted them. I then added blush, mascara, contours, highlighter with only eyeshadow to add at the as the last one to make up my look. The main reason I left the eyeshadow to last is that I wear glasses so you don't really see it.

I can now do my makeup for day in about 30 minutes and to a standard I am happy with. This whole process was far quicker that I thought.

I use Target brand foundation, primer,setting agent and it works so well, without the cost. Check out some of the reviews on Utube vids about cheap cosmetics.

Good luck and I am sure you will achieve the look you want with some practice and perseverance

I bought this set of brushes:
https://mymakeupbrushset.com/products/10-piece-oval-brush-set
No idea if they are ok. They were cheap but they do feel very nice.
I also got a blending sponge. But i have trouble finding the right foundation, primer and powered stuff.
What do i look for? What color do i need to get? What to do with the stupid beard? I read to use some orange cover up cream but didn't find anything good.
I really have no idea about make up so far. I always preferred girls with less make up and a natural look. Thats what i would like to go for if that's even possible. I am really afraid to look like a drag queen.

Another thing is hair. I have long hair but it looks nothing like on a girl. How do girls get this volume and precision?
I talked to two different hairdressers about why my ponytail looks so boring compared to some girls but they couldn't help me.
Sometimes i feel like i should just keep being an ugly guy and hope to die soon.
I am not believing in anything. No god, heaven or rebirth but who knows? Maybe i'll be reborn as a girl?
  •  

Roll

Nanina, here is what I have been using that I've found works for my beard (I've tried a few things, these were the winners), all bought very cheap off amazon or walmart.com:

1) LA Girl Pro Conceal Orange - Make sure to rub it against the grain to really get it covering the remaining stubble.

2) Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation - slightly darker than your skin tone, use to blend over the orange. Doesn't take much, will wind up with a sort of inflamed reddish look around the area the concealer and foundation is. I use the blending sponge on this, brushes just don't work with the thickness of the mousse.

3) off brand Loose Mineral Powder Foundation - Your real skin tone. I bought a set of loose mineral makeup off of amazon for like 30 bucks, I only use the foundation and setting powder though so probably better to buy individually. Use brush to pat it on around the beard area. You can go a little heavy on this and brush off excess later, but be careful if it packs too much because you will get that overly made up look. This is what will cover up the redness and be your "actual" foundation.

4) off brand Loose Setting Powder - I only bother with this if I am going to wear it for a while. This is basically translucent version of the foundation powder I believe. My pack also came with a setting mist I spray over my face if Im bothering with the setting powder, I really don't know what is in it.

I also have a blush and an eye shadow palette but I suck with them so won't comment. Lipstick is simple enough, but of the ones I've tried I'm happiest with Revlon "Love That Red".

For foundation shade, I've had to play a guessing game. My powder has strange off brand labeling and is just listed as "fair", of the Rimmel mousses my actual skin tone is around porcelain because I'm super pale, but I've been getting by with a light ivory. Reviews seem to say the rimmel stay matte foundation is really hit or miss depending on the individual, works for me though.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

rmaddy

I was never happy with anything for covering beard shadow besides laser (good) followed by electrolysis (great).  Be patient...it's going to take a year or two to clean up.

Meanwhile, back to the brushes.  I like the MAC 217's for eyeshadow (over a decent primer so it sticks).  The 239 is better for "packing it on".  They aren't horribly expensive and last forever if you take care of them.  You can find less expensive substitutes, but I've never once wished that I hadn't bought a good brush. 

For foundation, I think most people should resist the urge to cover up everything with opaque liquid crap.  Minerals wear easy.  Again, you'll need a brush, this time larger/dense/soft and one that grabs the mineral.  If you think minerals are too sheer or wear off too fast, put a primer underneath or simply apply when your moisturizer is still just slightly damp.  Remember, in the long run it's healthy skin, so be nice to your face.

Spend some time in the chair at MAC (they tend to lean toward gaudy colors/styles, but have nice brushes).  Tell them you are looking for "everyday" options rather than "glamour".  Introduce a little at a time to your daily routine.  Soft eyeliner or light mascara are super easy and relatively inconspicuous.  You don't need to tip the makeup artists, but you do need to make some purchases or be recognized as a bad customer.   Buy your brushes gradually and consistently as you have these sessions.  You can, of course, do the same at Sephora or Ulta, but...and there is a theme here...don't buy crap brushes.  Those stores have a range from poor to good. 
  •  

Nanina

Thanks a lot to both of you for the tips and sorry for the late reply. The past few days have been very stressful. I did come out to my mom about being transgender though. It was easier than i thought and she was ok with it and will support me whatever path i'll choose. Let's see.

I ordered a basic set of makeup on amazon based on your suggestions and will start experimenting with it. I guess it all comes down to practice. I've been watching youtube makeup tutorials like crazy recently 😋.
I still look 100% like a guy so getting my makeup done somewhere is not yet an option.
  •