Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

faceapp and other gender change apps

Started by Bari Jo, September 04, 2017, 04:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

Gorgeous Katie!

Also, you have a really pretty eye color. It looks almost golden.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Katie, you are so pretty!  I might follow Ellie soon and just show picts of myself.  FaceApp, you were fun, but I want to see how the real me is changing over time:)

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Bari Jo on November 09, 2017, 03:05:38 AM
Katie, you are so pretty!  I might follow Ellie soon and just show picts of myself.  FaceApp, you were fun, but I want to see how the real me is changing over time:)

Bari Jo

Just make sure you are completely comfortable doing so! For me, I knew I had nothing to lose so was probably a bit premature in posting. Online school full time, no social circle to speak of, never posted pictures online before for any sort of context to online friends, etc. No one knows me so no one could recognize me or would ever search me. ;D Come to think of it, I've actually been less anonymous here than I have ever been online before.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Yup, I hear you Ellie.  I'm starting to feel more comfortable, but not quite there yet.  My FaceApp picts are a great goal, but feel so unattainable, ATM.  I know I got a lot if feedback saying absolutely attainable, just glass half empty on that right now.  Maybe I just need more group therapy.  I'm missing this month since I'm in Tokyo.  I meet with the organizer of another one the day I get back.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

Izzy Grace

Quote from: Roll on November 08, 2017, 05:31:02 PM
Gorgeous Katie!

Also, you have a really pretty eye color. It looks almost golden.

Thanks Ellie! That means alot from you!

Hazel! Every girl i ever dated said I had eyes and lashes to die for. I guess thats my one thing.

Quote from: Bari Jo on November 09, 2017, 03:05:38 AM

Bari Jo

I stopped using FaceApp and moved to HashFace. It seems to have more realistic results and warps your face less. At least compared to FaceApp on my device, the S6. I noticed peoples eyes look weird in FA.

Then I just used a makeup app, Photo Editor its called, to add some makeup.

Thats my intent. I want to start just figuring out my makeup and getting laser done so I can just take a picture. I think i can get there and maybe better if i keep losing weight like I have been.

I mean... my mom might disown me, but shes not on social media or anything though. My old friends and i arent even really friends, its FB chat at best. That leaves my job and I'm working on changing that now. I've realized this is who i am and this road is leading to full time eventually one way or another. I cant let anyone hold this back forever, i dont think i can crossdress as a man for the rest of my life.
Starting Weight Oct 17: 234#  ♦  Current Weight 190#  ♦  Goal Weight: 155#  ♦  To Go: 35#

•  

Allison S

Am i the only one that doesnt like how faceapp makes me look lol
I prefer the real girl in me ☺

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Roll

Quote from: dist123 on November 17, 2017, 04:58:01 PM

It's extremely hit and miss for sure, I've seen a few pictures that made shudder. But yeah, the real deal is preferable, faceapp is just a nice shortcut to at least garner a little bit of hope. ;D
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Raelyn2

Quote from: dist123 on November 17, 2017, 04:58:01 PM

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

No, I like it too. My avatar is compliments of FaceApp.  Sigh..., if only.
  •  

Faith

I saw this thread a while back and didn't think much of it. Today I remembered it and gave it a shot. Behold my new profile picture. I did not pick anything feminizing, all I did was choose 'young'. Nope, I'll never look like that but I like the picture. I think I'll make it my internal-self picture, the one you see in your head and not the mirror.

btw, that is my current hair style, albeit much more silvery-gray than that :)
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Bari Jo

I'm starting to feel like the faceapp pict is more attainable.  Here is me with only light eye makeup.  I like where I'm headed...

Bari Jo

•  

Faith

I can definitely see it, you'll make it. It wouldn't surprise me if you surpassed it.

I haven't done any make-up yet. I don't think the wife is ready for it. She's never worn any so we don't have any and neither of us knows how to put it on. Plus, it'll take more than make-up to help me.

We'll stick to learning how to apply nail polish for now ... I have lavender tipped toenails (it was supposed to be purple, oh well). I prefer the pink that we tried first.

•  

DawnOday

Here you go with a few adjustments. Give a clean face. No whiskers, Added a little lipstick. Made up the eyes. Sculpted the face a little. Changed your hair color. This part of the app is a little hinky.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Bari Jo

Quote from: DawnOday on November 20, 2017, 05:16:47 PM
Here you go with a few adjustments. Give a clean face. No whiskers, Added a little lipstick. Made up the eyes. Sculpted the face a little. Changed your hair color. This part of the app is a little hinky.

Eef, too much like a clown!  I prefer my avatar, subtle, classy, doesn't call attention.

Bari Jo

•  

zirconia

Quote from: Bari Jo on November 20, 2017, 04:16:07 PMI'm starting to feel like the faceapp pict is more attainable.  Here is me with only light eye makeup.  I like where I'm headed...

Yay! That makes me happy...
  •  

Katie V

I had to give this a try and after a lot of attempts this is what I ended up with.  After faceapp I ran it through YouCamMakeup to add some makeup (I'm nowhere near where I'd like to be with those skills).  I ended up going with the head on mugshot rather than one with a bit of a profile.  I'm not a fan of my nose to start with and the profile ones REALLY put me off on it.  Anyway, I thought it turned out well (and I look about 10 years younger, so that's good) and I'd be ecstatic if I'd get close to this.

•  

Roll

YAY! More FaceApp fun! :D

Beautiful Katie!
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

I Am Jess

Has someone who is almost 3 years into my transition I thought I would see how it works on the picture I took the day I started HRT almost 3 years ago. 

Here is the picture from where I started in March of 2015.

Here are the two pictures it produced from the female settings...

And here is a picture I took last week (upper left) with the two female filters and the Hollywood filter. 

So many things change with HRT and while I had some minor FFS on my hairline, brows and eyelids, the rest has just been the effects of the hormones.  It's fun to see what is possible but its not a predictor of actual results.
Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Roll

I think what is perhaps more interesting is that the App makes absolutely no changes to your face post HRT. That means that algorithmically speaking, your face is entirely female. :D

(Also, if anyone hasn't noticed, the order it offers you the filters is indicative of if the app read your face as male or female. I actually get read as female by it with makeup on, which I love, though the filter still makes obvious changes unlike with Jess's post HRT ones.)
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

I Am Jess

Quote from: Roll on December 05, 2017, 11:24:04 AM
I think what is perhaps more interesting is that the App makes absolutely no changes to your face post HRT. That means that algorithmically speaking, your face is entirely female. :D

I was amazed that it didn't change much of anything.  I am finding in real life that everyone just sees me as a tall woman now.  Losing weight has certainly helped and the HRT is working magic.   
Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Faith

well, on the plus side of things. Faceapp, for the first time ever, detected a picture of me as female. On the downside of things .. it's faceapp :P

I thought I'd post the picture and the hollywood version for, hmm, giggles? Here you go:

unedited selfie:

faceapp 'hollywood' filter:

I have a lot of work to do but you got to start somewhere. Now, where's that magic anti-aging wand .......

•