Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

faceapp and other gender change apps

Started by Bari Jo, September 04, 2017, 04:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 04, 2018, 03:44:22 PM
With you also being a nerd girl, do you know or will speculate on how these face altering apps
do their gender face altering magic?  Besides placing filters like perhaps Lightroom does, does it just plug in female type eyes, brows, lips, and so on and smooth things out to the right dimensions?

I would think the algorithms are complex, probably akin to the age adjusting apps.  It would be fascinating to know what those rules and algorithms are that the apps follow to make the facial transformations.  I suppose a good app addition would be to allow the users to request all types of hairstyles (and colors) to see what each would look like on them.  Then maybe makeup alternatives.

Chrissy

I don't have any real background in facial recognition or any algorithms of the sort at all, but I have a few assumptions from over analyzing the pictures. It is definitely using the user's features rather than pasting on stock noses/brows/etc, just skewing them/stretching them/etc. When things go wrong(wearing glasses at a bad angle) you can really see the effects it is attempting. Most likely it just creates a mesh over the face with a few of the major features and then does a reduction or increase based on the averages out there. Well, for female filter at least. For old and male, it's definitely pasting in extra details like wrinkles and blending them out a little along certain points of the facial mesh. Hair is weirder, I'm not sure what it's doing with that because it is so inconsistent.

the easiest way to see what it is doing btw is getting Hashface. It has a slider bar instead of just on/off. I create an animation that went from no filter with a frame every 10% to full filter. You can see the "slide" from the skewing effects for sure, things aren't just being straight up replaced.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Rafaelle

•  

SuchisLife

I was just playing around with this too. I was surprised at the results.  I'm not all that feminine looking.  No HRT yet or anything.

Here's mine:

•  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

SuchisLife

•  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Bari Jo

Faceapp, I think gives confidence initially at the start of transition, which is important I think.  After a while when you've been on hrt, you might not like faceapp anymore because it continues to feminize beyond you.  It was doing that for me.  I turned to virtual makeup apps.  These do not change your underlying image only paints on top of it.  As proof, my Avatar is using the virtual markup app.  Then I went to Sephora for a 45 min makeover, and the picture from Sephora is nearly identical.  I use an app called Pretty Makeup, BTW.  This Thursday I'm going to attempt doing it all on my own for group.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Roll

I'm still hopeful for long term fat redistribution and weight loss to line up with faceapp (seems to be decently close based on people running it on pre-transition photos of themselves who have been on hrt for a long time), but I agree, at this in between point it feels more fantasy when the reality is starting to get better anyway.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on February 20, 2018, 12:01:09 PM
I'm still hopeful for long term fat redistribution and weight loss to line up with faceapp (seems to be decently close based on people running it on pre-transition photos of themselves who have been on hrt for a long time), but I agree, at this in between point it feels more fantasy when the reality is starting to get better anyway.

We need to find Mr. Roark and go to Fantasy Island!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

chloe85

•  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: chloe85 on February 26, 2018, 02:51:27 AM
how do you post pictures?

You have to get an imgur account post the pics on there than copy can paste the link on here (bbcode)
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

I took my pic just to see what would happen and this is what I got hope I can get close

•  

Roll

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on February 26, 2018, 07:04:25 AM
I took my pic just to see what would happen and this is what I got hope I can get close

With longer hair that is pretty much what you look like now, so I'd say you're really close. ;D
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

I Am Jess

My latest Faceapp comparison.  I guess this is what I could have looked like if I had transitioned 20 years ago.

Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Mountain Warfare Girl

Here is a face app set ... I hope I look 3/4 this good in the future
  •  

Roll

I was bored and playing with it again earlier (because it's like really good time travel) and this is what I got:

Bottom left original, top left female 1, top right female 1 with hollywood, bottom right female 1 with glasses.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: Roll on February 27, 2018, 09:49:31 PM
I was bored and playing with it again earlier (because it's like really good time travel) and this is what I got:

Bottom left original, top left female 1, top right female 1 with hollywood, bottom right female 1 with glasses.

Those are very beautiful of you Ellie. :)

Chelsea

First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: I Am Jess on February 27, 2018, 08:41:42 PM
My latest Faceapp comparison.  I guess this is what I could have looked like if I had transitioned 20 years ago.

I dont see much difference Jess you look beautiful in both to me just one is brighter
  •  

Cassi

Totally agree!  And she better not be out after curfew!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: Roll on February 27, 2018, 09:49:31 PM

You look good in all of them Ellie
  •