Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

faceapp and other gender change apps

Started by Bari Jo, September 04, 2017, 04:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Every once in a while I launch FaceApp and I spend a few hours playing with it.. I created hundreds of pictures in the last few months. I only use the hair styling and make-up filters, sometimes changing the background or adjust the colors so it shouldn't really change my face.

It still has the same effect on me as the first time, damn, it's a strange sensation looking at those pictures.
A little more than a decade ago I hated when someone took a picture of me, I hated mirrors with a passion, rarely looked at myself and now I cannot takes my eyes off of my own pictures.

And while I know that it is me in those pictures and the only difference is hair and make-up I feel like I am looking at a stranger. Maybe because I always had black hair, maybe because I captured a short smile and it lasts forever in the pictures, I don't know. I also feel this strange attraction kind of feeling which is weird considering I am looking at myself. I don't know how people who didn't hate themselves for decades feel when they like what they see in the mirror but for me these moments are still strange.

Looking at these pictures, or just thinking about them gives me an extra motivation to move forward, to let the smiling, confident and attractive girl in the pictures out full-time into the real world.
  •  

Melinda@heart

So, I finally tried faceapp. Don't  I wish!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: Lynne on January 27, 2019, 06:09:57 PM
Every once in a while I launch FaceApp and I spend a few hours playing with it.. I created hundreds of pictures in the last few months. I only use the hair styling and make-up filters, sometimes changing the background or adjust the colors so it shouldn't really change my face.

It still has the same effect on me as the first time, damn, it's a strange sensation looking at those pictures.
A little more than a decade ago I hated when someone took a picture of me, I hated mirrors with a passion, rarely looked at myself and now I cannot takes my eyes off of my own pictures.

And while I know that it is me in those pictures and the only difference is hair and make-up I feel like I am looking at a stranger. Maybe because I always had black hair, maybe because I captured a short smile and it lasts forever in the pictures, I don't know. I also feel this strange attraction kind of feeling which is weird considering I am looking at myself. I don't know how people who didn't hate themselves for decades feel when they like what they see in the mirror but for me these moments are still strange.

Looking at these pictures, or just thinking about them gives me an extra motivation to move forward, to let the smiling, confident and attractive girl in the pictures out full-time into the real world.
That girl is there,s he just needs to be pulled out of the corner!  Face App does not change your bony structure, it just messes a little around with the variable.
The base face is here behind what ever you used to hide it!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Linde

Quote from: Melinda@heart on February 08, 2019, 03:48:20 PM
So, I finally tried faceapp. Don't  I wish!

I see some pretty girl faces!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: GingerVicki on January 25, 2019, 03:57:11 AM
I am sure this explains how i feel!

How long have you been on HRT? Thinks like the jaw will recede some with time as the muscles decline and if you lose weight it will help (in general, I'm not saying you personally need to lose weight).

That said I'm happy I got my golden ticket but I wish all of us could too.  :-\
  •  

Melinda@heart

I took another picture and did the gender swap. The difference between my 3 pics shows the inconsistency of this app.

•  

GingerVicki

Quote from: NatalieRene on February 08, 2019, 09:27:05 PM
How long have you been on HRT? Thinks like the jaw will recede some with time as the muscles decline and if you lose weight it will help (in general, I'm not saying you personally need to lose weight).

That said I'm happy I got my golden ticket but I wish all of us could too.  :-\

4 months
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: GingerVicki on February 08, 2019, 09:43:26 PM
4 months
Four months is nothing. That's about the time changes started but it starts in a trickle before the floodgates open.
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: NatalieRene on February 08, 2019, 09:47:54 PM
Four months is nothing. That's about the time changes started but it starts in a trickle before the floodgates open.

good
  •  

Lynne

Quote from: Dietlind on February 08, 2019, 06:50:56 PM
That girl is there,s he just needs to be pulled out of the corner!  Face App does not change your bony structure, it just messes a little around with the variable.
The base face is here behind what ever you used to hide it!

To be fair, even the original pictures were taken in favorable lighting, under normal circumstances my age shows a lot more and the FaceApp filters make my skin look younger and they add a little more magic with the new hair and makeup as well. The result is a girl who could have been me 10 years ago, now it feels it would be too much effort to make my skin look like that again but we'll see if eating healthier and starting hormones will do anything in that regard.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Lynne on February 10, 2019, 11:04:44 AM
To be fair, even the original pictures were taken in favorable lighting, under normal circumstances my age shows a lot more and the FaceApp filters make my skin look younger and they add a little more magic with the new hair and makeup as well. The result is a girl who could have been me 10 years ago, now it feels it would be too much effort to make my skin look like that again but we'll see if eating healthier and starting hormones will do anything in that regard.
Once you have more female emotions, you want to look good, not necessary for others, bu for yourself.  To make my skin look younger, I went through a very painful microneedling procedure.  I have forgotten the pain, but my skin looks definitely better.
My avatar shows me after contouring was done to my face.  I don't feel I look to shaby for an old woman of almost 76 years, or?
You can do this, too!

Here I have to steel the signature and say:
Onwards we go young sisters!
Linde

•  

Ricki Wright

Quote from: Roll on September 04, 2017, 11:15:18 PM

https://imgur.com/jm41Jpl
That is mine, I love it so much. Well, except for m stupid nose. Everyone says I never broke it, but there is no way I didn't. I even know when it happened, but people keep saying I'm crazy. (I slammed my face into the pavement when I was a kid, have a fake tooth and everything from it.)

@Roll

You have a beautiful nose. I don't think I could achieve that with FFS.

Ricki
At 5 I forgot who I am. Fortunately, who I am protected me all these years until I remembered. Whatever else happens, I will live the rest of my life whole.
My story: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244130.0.html
HRT 07Nov18
  •  

Roxanne90

The girl in my avatar is me after FaceApp!  :D
  •  

Josie_L

Face Apps are good fun, yet tend not to take them seriously or at face value.
Infact, if we are truly honest.. many of us including cis femails like to edit and tweak out profile pics for
FB, Instragram, Snapchat etc. But sometimes/often, reality can tell a different story! x 
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Josie_L on March 19, 2019, 07:32:53 PM
Face Apps are good fun, yet tend not to take them seriously or at face value.
Infact, if we are truly honest.. many of us including cis femails like to edit and tweak out profile pics for
FB, Instragram, Snapchat etc. But sometimes/often, reality can tell a different story! x

This is so true, I know I do. I have some surprising responses though. When I finally meet someone in person (not just from Susan's, I mean 'in the wild') one of their first comments is, "You look much better in person".  I despise cameras and it shows in the photo.

I'm much better live, not Memorex.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

F_P_M

I had a play earlier. I'm still in the "working out what's up with my gender" stage but I was strangely satisfied to note that the "female" filter made me look significantly different to the "male" one which honestly didn't seem to do much beyond give me a terribly unflattering haircut and make my lips smaller (oh and give me stubble lol)

The female one made my nose smaller and my eyes bigger which I rather object to lol. I LIKE my nose.

Not totally sure boy me is that hot though. Hmmm
But maybe that's because he has terrible terrible hair.

•  

Haley Conner

•  

F_P_M

I give you some options lol.

Me, me as a guy according to faceap (aside from giving me a horrible haircut and making my skin blotchier and my mouth smaller what'd it do?), me with a  beard (ahahahah) and me with the "female" swap ahaha.

It changed more with the female I think. Made my cheeks rounder, my nose smaller (I object! I like my nose), my eyebrows got actually trimmed and shaped and I have makeup on.

IN a way I find it comforting that "girlified" me looks less like me than guy me.

I also did an experiment. I used me "guyified" and put the female filter over it and it turned me mostly back into me. So make of that what you will.

•  

MeTony

I did the same as you. Gender swap. Whaaaat??? Not even close! Haha

Tony

•  

F_P_M

haha lol the "gender swap" feature turned me into some sort of artificial glamour model.
It was NOT my face. Far too photoshopped.
I just used the "male" and "female" buttons which seem to give a far less pristine and airbrushed version. Though the "female" one is still obviously airbrushed.

I resent the reduction of good noses. Resent it HARD
  •