Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

My Weight Loss Success and 7.5 Months on HRT MtF

Started by Jamie87, September 08, 2017, 01:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie87

I have been reading other people stories throughout the years and many of them inspired my own transition.

Last year, I weighed in at almost 360lbs. I took a look at a (at the time) recent photo of me and I realized how much I let my body go. I was suppressing the urge to transition, terrified of the future and suffering from soul crushing dysphoria. I could not take it anymore and decided to change my entire life. I began my transition - starting with weight loss.

Through a grueling diet and exercise program, I lost my first 80 lbs in the 1st 5 months. I started HRT at the beginning of the 6th month (12/2017). From there, I stuck with the diet and exercise routine slowly increasing the difficulty every time I reached a plateau. As of now (9/2017), I have lost 160 lbs and I am within 30 lbs of my goal.

I am still pretty early into my transition, but I am SO excited that I finally get the chance to contribute to the community. I still have a ways to go but I hope I can inspire some other people to take the 1st steps toward a better life! I usually spend a lot of time lurking and not posting many threads, but thank you all for providing me the inspiration and courage to take those steps from your own stories.

Here is a recent picture of me that I posted on Imgur:
https://imgur.com/RvmZD2x

•  

Deborah

Wow.  That is impressive and you're looking great :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Megan.

Amazing,  fantastic work,  you look great. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Roll

That's amazing. I've lost about 70 so far, and want to start HRT when I break below 200. I'm currently around 220. You are an inspiration. Don't you love that moment where you realize under the fat you actually can pull it off?
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Stevie

•  

Bari Jo

Fantastic work.  Seeing success like this proves there's hope for the rest if us!
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Maddie86

great job! you look awesome! you and I have a lot in common too! back in december I weighed just under 300lbs. In January I had to stop drinking because of a medical issue and then after a month of sobriety I had a new mental clarity and decided I was going to transition and focus on weight loss first. I've been on HRT since July 17th and today I got down to 200lbs at my weigh in!! keep it up, you'll reach your goal!
  •  

bobbisue

Wow amazing you look amazing I have lost 50 pounds since January and am 2 1/2 month on HRT I just broke the 200 pound mark it feels great just another 30 to 40 pounds to go I only have my drivers licence pic to go by but i feel i am looking better  good luck to all who face this struggle

bobbisue :)
[ gotta be me everyone else is taken ]
started HRT june 16 2017              
Out to all my family Oct 21 2017 no rejections
Fulltime Dec 9 2017 ahead of schedule
First pass Dec 11 2017
  •  

Dani

I am another 100+ pound loser. This is the single most important part of my transition. I lost my weight with a   combination of a vegetable diet and moderate exercise. How did all you other ladies lose the weight?
  •  

Deborah

I lost about 40 lbs.  First I just ate less and exercised more.  To get the last ten off I changed to a ketogenic diet. Now I just intermittent fast, eat generally low carb, and exercise a lot to maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Nova_Noelle

Jamie's story is so inspiring and I feel very connected to her feelings.  I'm about to be begin my own weigh loss effort in order get healthier, reach my goal weight, and prepare my body to go through the changes that HRT brings about.  Maybe I'll start my own topic here to track my progress in the coming weeks. 

Noelle
Have courage and be kind.
  •  

AJ

Be proud for the great job - You are looking great!
I am 64 and started at 210.
6 months of HRT and walking (5 miles a day), I am down to below 180.
I have backed off on tightly watching what I eat to a reasonably healthy diet with no sugar or refined foods.
Gluten free and no alcohol too.
I expect that as my body continues to reshape and muscle mass reduces, I will likely get down to about 160lbs.
The most important part of my new life is the HRT and how I finally feel "right" with myself.
I plan on continuing my walking as my legs are strong now and I have my coordination back.
I am stealth and every day I am asked "what I am doing to look so good?"
I just say diet and exercise :)
AJ
  •  

Karen

Quote from: Jamie87 on September 08, 2017, 01:16:41 PM
I have been reading other people stories throughout the years and many of them inspired my own transition.

Last year, I weighed in at almost 360lbs. I took a look at a (at the time) recent photo of me and I realized how much I let my body go. I was suppressing the urge to transition, terrified of the future and suffering from soul crushing dysphoria. I could not take it anymore and decided to change my entire life. I began my transition - starting with weight loss.

Through a grueling diet and exercise program, I lost my first 80 lbs in the 1st 5 months. I started HRT at the beginning of the 6th month (12/2017). From there, I stuck with the diet and exercise routine slowly increasing the difficulty every time I reached a plateau. As of now (9/2017), I have lost 160 lbs and I am within 30 lbs of my goal.

I am still pretty early into my transition, but I am SO excited that I finally get the chance to contribute to the community. I still have a ways to go but I hope I can inspire some other people to take the 1st steps toward a better life! I usually spend a lot of time lurking and not posting many threads, but thank you all for providing me the inspiration and courage to take those steps from your own stories.

Here is a recent picture of me that I posted on Imgur:
https://imgur.com/RvmZD2x

Jamie, you are so inspiring!!!   Wow.

As soon as I acknowledged my gender, I asked myself "what would I eat and how would I want to look if I was my true self".   Through eating better and less, I have going from about 205 to 180.   My near term goal is to get below 170.   

I will soon be starting HRT T Blockers....my worry was it would drive up my weight with muscle turning to fat?

Thank you

Karen

Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* Sept 2016 - January 2017 real began to seriously question and research gender
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
* March 2018 after 3 therapists, accepts I am transgender and am transitioning
* July 18, 2018 began HRT
* Feb 4, 2019 began Estrogen
  •  

iamwayne12

Congratulations, this is some really nice result. What have you been doing exactly to lose weight? Here are some really nice tips by vweightloss that you can check for more results. https://vweightloss.com/
  •  

Melinda@heart

Awesome! I'm working on my wieght loss as well. I started HRT weighing 275 lbs. I'm down to 240 now. I could have lost more but I got lazy and didn't hit the gym as much as I should have and slacked off my dieting. But this month i started going to the gym with a friend. We both have social anxiety issues and being there together helps a great deal. I'm also rebooting the Keto diet.

I can't wait to see more of your results and I know how exciting it can be!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•