Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What's the nastiest food you remember from your childhood?

Started by Julia1996, September 08, 2017, 05:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Devyln told me this yesterday...

If two objects mysteriously teleport to your kitchen, DO NOT PUT THEM IN YOUR OMELETTE!

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Cindy on September 09, 2017, 03:49:35 AM
Liver was one of the few offal foods I could eat until I did my Zoology degree (Sheffield Uni Zoology Dept if there are any who know it). I was doing the parasitology practical class and there was a chunk of liver with flukes in it. It was fascinating watching this thing writhe and move in the tray it was on. In fact it was so fascinating I have never touched liver without gloves on since.

I'm wondering if Devlyn is into Buffalo Oysters. I hear they are a USA delicacy?
I had to Google Buffalo Oysters,  they sound tasty. I wondered if that was another name for Rocky Mountain Oysters [emoji23]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

Quote from: meganjames2 on September 09, 2017, 04:03:03 AM
I had to Google Buffalo Oysters,  they sound tasty. I wondered if that was another name for Rocky Mountain Oysters [emoji23]

I might have to try Buffalo Oysters. I can get fresh oysters over on the coast here in Oregon. In the shell or already shucked.

Megan I was thinking the same as you.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

Cindy

Must admit my first introduction to sea food oysters was memorable but we will leave that story for another day. Actually don't remind me.

I probably got caught up in translation.

What is Buffalo oysters?
Rocky Mountain oysters, also known as prairie oysters in Canada, is a dish made of bull, pig or sheep testicles. The organs are often deep-fried after being peeled, coated in flour, pepper and salt, and sometimes pounded flat. This delicacy is most often served as an appetizer with a cocktail sauce dip.

Sorry Dev >:-)
  •  

Devlyn

It's all fun and games until you're the one they harvest the oysters from!   >:-)

Had  to make me do it though, didn't you, Cindy?   :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Julia1996

I like liver and onions. I soak the liver in milk for 2 hours before I cook it and it doesn't have that strong liver taste. The taste is much more mellow. My dad even likes it and he has bad memories of his mom making him eat liver growing up.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

josie76

Ok well I have a couple of dishes I refused to eat growing up on a farm.

First up, pig brains! My grandma would fry these for grandpa. They were stored frozen in water in a plastic container so the day before this container would sit in Grandma's sink to thaw. Nothing like seeing a container of brain sitting there.

Second thing grandma would cook for grandpa, kidneys. This was the worst. Kidneys fried in a skillet give off the oder of what kidneys do. You know, make urine. There were a few morning gs walking into Grandma's house through the kitchen door and I was overcome by the smell of pee! So gross I'd turn around and leave.

Foods I do eat: fried okra, can be done just like fried zucchini slices, cow tongue, after cooked it even is good sliced on sandwiches. I love sourkrout with brats or polish sausages and mashed potatoes. braunschwager for sandwiches. I've eaten blood sausage. It's not bad but the idea is kinda gross.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

SailorMars1994

My mom used to cook this chicken with like tomato sauce and for whatever reason I hated it. I also hated eating beef stogenof .
AMAB Born: March 1994
Gender became on radar: 2007
Admitted to self : 2010
Came out: May 12 2014
Estrogen: October 16 2015
<3
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: SailorMars1994 on September 09, 2017, 06:42:47 PM
My mom used to cook this chicken with like tomato sauce and for whatever reason I hated it. I also hated eating beef stogenof .

I believe we had both of those Ashley and I thought them good. Except my mom used canned tomatoes instead of sauce. What your mom made sounds like chicken cacciatore.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Lady Sarah

I always hated saltine crackers, but there is one thing I find out makes me barf instantly: black olives. No matter what the black olives are in, from pizza to tacos, to whatever, I will barf from eating just one tiny piece.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Lady Sarah on September 09, 2017, 09:12:15 PM
I always hated saltine crackers, but there is one thing I find out makes me barf instantly: black olives. No matter what the black olives are in, from pizza to tacos, to whatever, I will barf from eating just one tiny piece.

Black olives? Are you nuts girl? They are good though I like the large green ones better. There is something black that has the same effect on me Lady.... Black licorice That flavor turns mt stomach and there are very few things the will do that. When I was in of about 3rd garade I had a bad cold. My mom gave me a measured dose of Nyquil and told be to take in like a shot of whiskey. I did and when I hit my stomach it bounced. It bounced right back up out out of my throat as fast as it went in. Nope no licorice for this girl.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on September 10, 2017, 12:49:27 AM
Black olives? Are you nuts girl? They are good though I like the large green ones better. There is something black that has the same effect on me Lady.... Black licorice That flavor turns mt stomach and there are very few things the will do that. When I was in of about 3rd garade I had a bad cold. My mom gave me a measured dose of Nyquil and told be to take in like a shot of whiskey. I did and when I hit my stomach it bounced. It bounced right back up out out of my throat as fast as it went in. Nope no licorice for this girl.

Hugs,
   Laurie
I love olives of any kind. I especially like the huge green ones stuffed with a garlic clove. I could eat a whole jar of them. Saltines are ok. When I was little my dad would put peanut butter between 2 saltines for me as a snack. Licorice,  what can I say? Some foods are just wrong. Licorice is at the top of that list. Ewww!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

steph2.0

How do you all feel about cilantro? Can't stand it myself. I've read that whether you like it or not may be genetically dependent.

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 10, 2017, 07:10:19 AM
How do you all feel about cilantro? Can't stand it myself. I've read that whether you like it or not may be genetically dependent.

Steph
I hate cilantro. It tastes awful and I won't use it even if a recipe calls for it.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Deborah

Steph
I really like it a lot with almost anything.  I have been using it lately in homemade sauerkraut along with sliced jalapenos.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Deborah on September 10, 2017, 07:52:45 AM
I really like it a lot with almost anything.  I have been using it lately in homemade sauerkraut along with sliced jalapenos.

Hey Deborah,

Add in some black olives, okra, and licorice and I am so there!

Or were you serious?

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Dee Marshall

Steph
I think it's more acquired than genetic. When I first had it it tasted like soap, which I'm told is common. Over time I find it adds a nice touch to some dishes but a little goes a long way.

:

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!

Think outside the voice box!

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 10, 2017, 08:02:02 AM
Hey Deborah,

Add in some black olives, okra, and licorice and I am so there!

Or were you serious?

Steph
Oh yes, I was serious.  I have taken to inventing my own versions of home fermented sauerkraut and then eating some every day because I like it and for the probiotic content and the health benefits that may offer.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Deborah on September 10, 2017, 09:13:35 AM
Oh yes, I was serious.  I have taken to inventing my own versions of home fermented sauerkraut and then eating some every day because I like it and for the probiotic content and the health benefits that may offer.

I make sweet sauerkraut with sausage and potatoes.  It's one of my dad's favorites.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: Julia1996 on September 10, 2017, 07:13:31 AM
I hate cilantro. It tastes awful and I won't use it even if a recipe calls for it.
It's genetic. To some, it tastes bad.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7653808

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •