Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What's the nastiest food you remember from your childhood?

Started by Julia1996, September 08, 2017, 05:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Sarah

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 10, 2017, 07:10:19 AM
How do you all feel about cilantro? Can't stand it myself. I've read that whether you like it or not may be genetically dependent.

Steph
I never liked cilantro. I'm another one that hates black licorice too.
I also discovered I won't eat steamed green beans. They taste raw. Boil em or fry em. Don't just steam em.

Sent from my NS-P10A7100 using Tapatalk

started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Gertrude on September 10, 2017, 09:37:41 AM
It's genetic. To some, it tastes bad.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7653808

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Interesting! I wonder why I like it in small quantities now?

:

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!

Think outside the voice box!

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Lady Sarah on September 10, 2017, 10:15:39 AM
I never liked cilantro. I'm another one that hates black licorice too.
I also discovered I won't eat steamed green beans. They taste raw. Boil em or fry em. Don't just steam em.

Sent from my NS-P10A7100 using Tapatalk

Green beans are best fresh. I've never had frozen green beans that didn't taste like cardboard. Canned ones are mushy and tasteless. I cook fresh ones with something to give them flavor, bacon,ham, something. And I cook them until they are soft enough to eat but still have just a little bit of bite in them. I totally hate mushy vegetables.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie K

I hate avocado.... love artificial liquorice but not the real stuff....love liver and onions, tripe and tongue.... hate bread pudding....this Canadian girl also enjoys Vegemite and hates tapioca.... can't stand cilantro and kale ...  that pretty much it

The ball is now rolling....I hope it doesnt run me 0ver
  •  

Laurie

Cheesecake , cheesecake is unfit for human consumption, no matter how it is flavored or disguised it tastes absolutely horrible. I don't mind other uses for cream cheese though.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Nina

2007/8 - name change, tracheal shave, electrolysis, therapy
2008 - full time
2014 - GCS Dr. Brassard; remarried
2018 (January)  - hubby and I moved off-grid
2019 - plan originally was to hike PCT in 2020, but now attempting Appalachian Trail - start date April 3.
  •  

Devlyn

We have a famous herring run with multiple fish ladders here in Weymouth. But we do it to build the fisheries....everyone knows the herring themselves aren't edible!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on September 10, 2017, 12:08:04 PM
Cheesecake , cheesecake is unfit for human consumption, no matter how it is flavored or disguised it tastes absolutely horrible. I don't mind other uses for cream cheese though.

Hugs,
   Laurie
OMG Laurie.  Are you serious? I make cheesecake all the time. I bought springform pans just for making cheesecake.  I thought everyone liked cheesecake.

And I was going to make you a licorice cheesecake too.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Julia1996 on September 10, 2017, 12:59:13 PM
Quote from: Laurie on September 10, 2017, 12:08:04 PM

Hugs,
   Laurie
OMG Laurie.  Are you serious? I make cheesecake all the time. I bought springform pans just for making cheesecake.  I thought everyone liked cheesecake.

Blasphemy. Pay no attention to the Rogue Moderator!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Nora Kayte

I hate cheesecake. Red velvet cake is ruined with that topping. When I make red velvet vegan cake I use regular icing. And you can never tell the vegan sweets I make are vegan. Oh and the one thing I remember being made to eat as a child is okra. Disgusting!! And my garlic green beans cooked in olive oil are awesome. I do all the cooking around here. I don't like tofu. But my wife says my Lemon pepper tofu is to die for. Actually never tried it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are.
  •  

Bari Jo

My mom used to make all kinds of dishes with raisins.  I hated them then, hate them now.  I remember when Better Off Dead came out and the mom says it has raisins. You like raisins.  I must have had that scene burned into my head.  My sister used those lines to me often at the dinner table.

you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Megan.

Who are these people hating on cheesecake,  I won't hear of it! My baked blueberry cheesecake will turn you [emoji48]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Bari Jo

Heh Devlyn.  Megan, I make a great mocha vanilla swirl cheesecake with hazelnut crust.  I've never met anyone that didn't like it.  I might start baking again, come to think of it.  That'll be the first thing I make again.
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Christine1

Maybe not the nastiest food but I still like ketchup sandwiches. Thanks Mom!! ;D

Therapy 1-4-2017
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Julia1996 on September 10, 2017, 12:59:13 PM

Sorry everyone that likes cheesecake. You all must be inhuman. I have never met a cheesecake that didn't taste horrible. My friend Peggy loves to tell the story of a time we both attended a thanksgiving party where someone had the audacity to bring a beautifully decorated pumpkin pie. I got me a piece. As I walked past Peggy she stopped me and tried to get me to give her my piece of pie. Of course that didn't happen. She watched as I took a bite.. you got it, cheesecake. ewwww I could not believe something that looked so delicious could have been corrupted so horribly. I guess my face reflected my disgust as Peggy laughed and laughed and still laughs every time she tells the story.(which she does often) I reiterate Cheescake is NOT fit for human consumption.

Now I'll disagree with Norma too. Cream cheese frosting it good. especially on carrot cake.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Lady Sarah

I remember other kids hating mincemeat pie. I neither hate it, nor love it.

Now... spaghetti squash... that's just blech! Stringy disgusting stuff that is only good for fertilizing others plants.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

MistressStevie

For some reason my grandmother made a big pot of fish-head soup when I was young and impressionable.
I looked in the pot, gagged, and left the kitchen.  My grandmother was the best cook ever and this was
the only thing she ever made that I could not deal with.  The eyeballs floating in the bowl were to much
for me.  I do not recall an actual taste.  Organ meats have never been on my list of favorite foods either.

Now, on to tastier foods!  There are next to zero bad cheese cakes!   I like them all way to much and
really have a hard time saying no to the second slice of the chocolate, berry, or mocha varieties. 
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Lady Sarah on September 10, 2017, 09:36:46 PM

Now... spaghetti squash... that's just blech! Stringy disgusting stuff that is only good for fertilizing others plants.

Mincemeat pie is the bestest pie but you have to buy the good mincemeat. It's my mostest favoritest pie.

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Lady Sarah on September 10, 2017, 09:36:46 PM

Mincemeat is nasty! It looks disgusting so I have never wanted to try it. Now spaghetti squash is good. I make it with alfredo sauce made from pureed cauliflower and vegetarian mushroom meatballs. Yum! Almost no calories either. My dad and brother think squash is totally disgusting, so no, they would never eat it. Those 2 are so suspicious of new food. They examine any new dish I make carefully. God forbid I disguise some healthy vegetables and they ate them.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •