News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

well dam.. :(

Started by Veronica A, September 10, 2017, 02:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veronica J

Hi,

Just found out Factor V leiden blood mutation.. there is 50% chance i have heterozygote (single gene), in my sisters 2 have it and 1 doesn't. pretty serious mutation with HRT, could be throwing clots, well the chance increases exponentially..

http://www.melbournehaematology.com.au/fact-sheets/factor-v-five-leiden-mutation.html

soo been for a blood test and just have to wait for the results.

will let you know.
  •  

Megan.

Wow,  I guess you want a negative result? Fingers crossed! X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

I'll be voting for that negative result also, Veronica. 

By any chance is one of your sisters named Betty? Or Cheryl? (Cheryl Blossom, a redhead from Pembroke who competed with Betty and Veronica for Archie's affection.)

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Veronica J

rofl, yeah.. to the doc said we would look at options for the worst case.. but i am hoping negative as well.

as for my sis names, they are super unique.. have never ever come accross another yet..
  •  

Veronica J

well my blood got contaminated or something soo had to redraw blood again.. sigh..
  •  

Veronica J

Well i just got my results back, and yup i have Factor V Leiden :(

but on the plus side its only one Gene, heterozygote its called i think..

anyway after discussion with my endo and doc, i can stay on HRT as long as i dont go to max dose.. soo thats a plus, gonna ask on my next appointment if i can get orchiectomy in Australia rather than fly overseas. cancer down there is not uncommon in my family line.. this will remove DHT and the need for the blockers and make Estrogen more effective..

anyone had that done here in Australia? and what were the requirements or whoops you had to jump thru?
  •  

AnonyMs

I guess it's kind of obvious, but I hope your endo is experienced in this kind of thing. I know Dr Hayes in Sydney is.
  •  

Jamie Xu

Quote from: VeronicaMJ on September 22, 2017, 08:29:55 PM

anyone had that done here in Australia? and what were the requirements or whoops you had to jump thru?

I'm sorry about your blood, I hope it's not too much of a problem.

I travel to Melbourne for most of my gender related care. I'm working towards SRS so a little different to your situation. From what I was told a simple orchiectomy in Australia is considered a "big deal" because you can no longer have children (without the use of a sperm bank). As such the process for orchiectomy is the same as seeking SRS. You will most likely need to see a psychiatrist working with transgender individuals seeking surgery. If they use the Australian and New Zealand Professional Association for Transgender Health or ANZPATH you can download the Standards of Care to see the guidelines regarding surgery. You need a letter from two mental health professionals and so on, a very long process.

I can only comment on my own experiences, yours will probably be totally different to mine.

Good luck.

Jamie.
  •  

Veronica J

Quote from: Jamie Xu on September 30, 2017, 04:46:24 AM
I'm sorry about your blood, I hope it's not too much of a problem.

I travel to Melbourne for most of my gender related care. I'm working towards SRS so a little different to your situation. From what I was told a simple orchiectomy in Australia is considered a "big deal" because you can no longer have children (without the use of a sperm bank). As such the process for orchiectomy is the same as seeking SRS. You will most likely need to see a psychiatrist working with transgender individuals seeking surgery. If they use the Australian and New Zealand Professional Association for Transgender Health or ANZPATH you can download the Standards of Care to see the guidelines regarding surgery. You need a letter from two mental health professionals and so on, a very long process.

I can only comment on my own experiences, yours will probably be totally different to mine.

Good luck.

Jamie.

well i have already had 5 kids, at my age i really dont want anymore.. 5 is enough, wonder if that will play a part.. i can only ask..
  •  

Jamie Xu

Quote from: VeronicaMJ on October 02, 2017, 02:29:50 AM
well i have already had 5 kids, at my age i really dont want anymore.. 5 is enough, wonder if that will play a part.. i can only ask..

I'm sure it would. You seem genuine to me, you have already started HRT. I hope you go for it and get what you want. :) I'm probably halfway through this process and it has not been hard, it's just the waiting lists are painfully long. In my experience so far, if you are clear about what you want, and why you want it, professionals will help you get it. I don't have any kids and it was more or less just talk about it, take some paperwork home, read and sign it. They may want to be sure of your gender identity, diagnose gender dysphoria if you have any and so on. It takes multiple sessions for all that. I'm told the second psychiatrist just goes over everything to make sure you understand and all is in order.

Jamie
  •  

AnonyMs

Quote from: Jamie Xu on September 30, 2017, 04:46:24 AM
I travel to Melbourne for most of my gender related care.

Some of the doctors in Melbourne prescribe HRT containing ethinyl estradiol. Hopefully you're not on it as it has increased risk of blood clots.
  •  

kelly_aus

Quote from: AnonyMs on October 02, 2017, 03:11:18 PM
Some of the doctors in Melbourne prescribe HRT containing ethinyl estradiol. Hopefully you're not on it as it has increased risk of blood clots.

Interesting, none of the docs I spoke to while I was living there were prescribing that, and I don't remember talking to any one on it.

IIRC, there was some talk about Southern Health's Gender Clinic (Monash) using it until a couple of years ago when there was a bit of a reshuffle around that place..
  •  

AnonyMs

Quote from: kelly_aus on October 02, 2017, 05:19:05 PM
Interesting, none of the docs I spoke to while I was living there were prescribing that, and I don't remember talking to any one on it.

IIRC, there was some talk about Southern Health's Gender Clinic (Monash) using it until a couple of years ago when there was a bit of a reshuffle around that place..

I've seen it on another forum a number of times.
  •  

Veronica J

Quote from: AnonyMs on October 02, 2017, 03:11:18 PM

no i am not on it
  •  

Veronica J

Quote from: Jamie Xu on October 02, 2017, 06:58:17 AM
I'm sure it would. You seem genuine to me, you have already started HRT. I hope you go for it and get what you want. :) I'm probably halfway through this process and it has not been hard, it's just the waiting lists are painfully long. In my experience so far, if you are clear about what you want, and why you want it, professionals will help you get it. I don't have any kids and it was more or less just talk about it, take some paperwork home, read and sign it. They may want to be sure of your gender identity, diagnose gender dysphoria if you have any and so on. It takes multiple sessions for all that. I'm told the second psychiatrist just goes over everything to make sure you understand and all is in order.

Jamie

i have already been diagnosed with GD, hmm gonna be interesting.. even on a low dose some changes are already happening..i mean i prefer in Australia, otherwise i will simply fly and get it done overseas..
  •