Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Posting pictures

Started by Jessica, September 16, 2017, 12:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Hi girls 🙋🏼  I'm having trouble posting a picture of me and I don't know what I'm doing wrong 🤷‍♀️
Thanks, Jessica 💁

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Dena

You need to pick a server to host the pictures then capture the link. To place the link in the post, the text should look like the following.
[img]http://www.imagesite.xxx.picture.jpeg[/img]
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Laurie

Hi Jessica,

To post a picture here you will need to first upload the picture to a hosting site and then use the BBC code link provided by them the link it here. I am using Imgur myself but there are others out there.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica

Thank you for the answers.  I'll get that together
Smiles, Jessica 🤦‍♀️

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

MaryT

What post rank must you have to link to external pictures on, e.g. imgur?  Is it anything above Visitor? 
  •  

Devlyn

You can post pictures from the beginning, the avatar picture is post count related, though.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

DawnOday

Do we still do it that way. When I hit the attachment button it allows me to pick a picture file off my computer. This makes it safer than putting on a photo site that can post your pictures on the internet.

Attach:
Choose File     (Clear Attachment)
(more attachments)
Allowed file types: txt, doc, pdf, jpg, gif, mpg, png, mrc, hsh, zip
Restrictions: 10 per post, maximum total size 20000KB, maximum individual size 20000KB
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Devlyn

Pretty sure you get that because you're Staff, Dawn.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: DawnOday on September 16, 2017, 04:30:41 PM
Do we still do it that way. When I hit the attachment button it allows me to pick a picture file off my computer. This makes it safer than putting on a photo site that can post your pictures on the internet.

Attach:
(more attachments)
Restrictions: 10 per post, maximum total size 20000KB, maximum individual size 20000KB

Hi Dawn 🙋🏼  I agree with the top part, but the bottom part has me going "huh"?
This girl was raised using an abacus 🤷‍♀️
Hugs, Jessica 💁

•  

Devlyn

It's a Staff feature, Jessica. If you want to slave and toil for me, I'll hook you up!  :-*

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Dena

Quote from: DawnOday on September 16, 2017, 04:30:41 PM

Attach:
(more attachments)
The ability to directly attach pictures to a post is one of the advantages of being a staff member. If you are not a staff member, it doesn't work and you need to link off site.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on September 16, 2017, 04:50:32 PM
It's a Staff feature, Jessica. If you want to slave and toil for me, I'll hook you up!  :-*

Hugs, Devlyn

Ha!  My wife doesn't even let me touch the buttons in the car.
🤦‍♀️ Jessica

•  

Laurie

•  

DawnOday

Sorry didn't mean to put anyone on the spot. I just realized I didn't have to use Imgur anymore and I thought it might be because of the new server. I wasn't aware it was a perk. My bad. I actually just noticed I was able to do it in the last month or so.
Dawn Oday

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

Start HRT Aug 2016

•  

Laurie

Quote from: DawnOday on September 16, 2017, 06:06:36 PM
Sorry didn't mean to put anyone on the spot. I just realized I didn't have to use Imgur anymore and I thought it might be because of the new server. I wasn't aware it was a perk. My bad. I actually just noticed I was able to do it in the last month or so.

That's okay Dawn, I still don't know I can do it.. I'm a little slow.

laurie

•  

Rowena_Ellenweorc

Quote from: Jessica on September 16, 2017, 04:55:33 PM
Ha!  My wife doesn't even let me touch the buttons in the car.
🤦‍♀️ Jessica

Story of my life.  Also not allowed to use power tools.  Or any tools designed to cut... Or staple guns... (Yeah, I may have accidently staple gunned my thumb once.   :embarrassed: ??? )

As a side note, you can also get links for pictures you post on facebook by right clicking on the image and getting the image url.  Even if its a private image. (This doesn't always work if you use microsoft Edge or internet explorer though)
~Ren

Born May 1989 - Assigned Female
October 2016 - Came out to self/online
Feb/March 2017 - Officially came out to husband
April 2017 - Realized I'm Non-Binary
June 2017 - Started Therapy
August 2017 - Came out to parents
October 2017 - modified FB profile
November 26, 2017 - Came out https://www.facebook.com/notes/karen-ren-losee/please-read/10155966104353223/ on FB

"Walking beside the guilty and the innocent
How will you raise your hand when they call your name?"
- Bon Jovi "We weren't Born to follow"

I am done crying over not being feminine.
I am done griping about being too masculine.
I will be me.
And that's a non-binary being.
I am... ME!

This... is MY story
The story of a girl trapped in a guy's body.
A boy trapped in a girl's body.
No.  Its the story of a... human being.
- From one of my poems
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Rowena_Ellenweorc on September 16, 2017, 06:19:15 PM
Story of my life.  Also not allowed to use power tools.  Or any tools designed to cut... Or staple guns... (Yeah, I may have accidently staple gunned my thumb once.   :embarrassed: ??? )

As a side note, you can also get links for pictures you post on facebook by right clicking on the image and getting the image url.  Even if its a private image. (This doesn't always work if you use microsoft Edge or internet explorer though)

Well actually Rowena, I'm very adept at power tools and have built some incredible features in and on commercial buildings.  I did that for 34 years till I retired.  Me being "button challenged" started with programming  VCRs.  It's a button thing.
Smiles, Jessica 💁

•  

Rowena_Ellenweorc

Quote from: Jessica on September 16, 2017, 08:36:41 PM
Well actually Rowena, I'm very adept at power tools and have built some incredible features in and on commercial buildings.  I did that for 34 years till I retired.  Me being "button challenged" started with programming  VCRs.  It's a button thing.
Smiles, Jessica 💁

I'm actually really good with building things, have fun doing it, and I actually wanted to be a mechanical engineer (also a chemical engineer). Then the whole, you need these requirements to graduate college thing got in the way, I flunked out because anything to do with essay writing, not my strength, been a problem since 8th grade. But I was like... 16 or so when I staple gunned my thumb so my youth leader was like, 'Okay, that's it, no power tools for you.' Hahaha
Buttons on the other hand... they're just like, 'Ooooh wonder what this does... Oh crap... I probably shouldn't have done that I guess.' I am the reason the phrase 'Curiosity killed the cat' exists.
~Ren

Born May 1989 - Assigned Female
October 2016 - Came out to self/online
Feb/March 2017 - Officially came out to husband
April 2017 - Realized I'm Non-Binary
June 2017 - Started Therapy
August 2017 - Came out to parents
October 2017 - modified FB profile
November 26, 2017 - Came out https://www.facebook.com/notes/karen-ren-losee/please-read/10155966104353223/ on FB

"Walking beside the guilty and the innocent
How will you raise your hand when they call your name?"
- Bon Jovi "We weren't Born to follow"

I am done crying over not being feminine.
I am done griping about being too masculine.
I will be me.
And that's a non-binary being.
I am... ME!

This... is MY story
The story of a girl trapped in a guy's body.
A boy trapped in a girl's body.
No.  Its the story of a... human being.
- From one of my poems
  •  

Dena

Using the above link, I converted it to a displayed picture. If you would like to see how I did it, hit the quote button in the upper right hand corner of this post.

•  

DawnOday

One of the problems of being part of the engineering world, I'm always looking for shortcuts to save time. movement, brain cells. money.
Dawn Oday

Start HRT Aug 2016

•