Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

It is interesting what I read here about young kids. For myself I have always enjoyed interacting with them. The toddlers and I have almost always gotten along. Usually started by me winking or making faces at them or some such silly nonsense. When I was out about about wearing my cowboy hat I drew their attention without having to do anything. What they told their moms and pointed at me i'd smile and wink back at them.
  The best of times of course were with my own kids when they were little and with my grand kids sitting on my lap or cuddled under my arm while I read to them. Or helped them (with silly antics) to get dressed or put their shoes on. Or even by them wanting Papa to change their diapers. Now these memories just bring tears.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: SassyCassie on January 10, 2018, 01:06:19 PM
Seriously, Steph? Really? I'm reading this on Page 40 of your personal thread, fer cryin' out loud!  ;D

I think I have a ways to go before even coming close to the magnitude of posting you have done.

Hugs!

Oh, I'm rarely serious, as you well know. Besides I was thinking in terms of KsPD* and since you're just copying and pasting, a ctrl-c, ctrl-v doesn't use many.

Stephanie

*Keystrokes Per Day

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: SassyCassie on January 10, 2018, 01:06:19 PM
Seriously, Steph? Really? I'm reading this on Page 40 of your personal thread, fer cryin' out loud!  ;D

I think I have a ways to go before even coming close to the magnitude of posting you have done.

Hugs!

She does have a tendency to run on and on doesn't she Cassie? But we do tolerate it.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Faith

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

SassyCassie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 10, 2018, 01:12:42 PM
Oh, I'm rarely serious, as you well know. Besides I was thinking in terms of KsPD* and since you're just copying and pasting, a ctrl-c, ctrl-v doesn't use many.

Pffft! You're just jealous of my level of efficiency! I have to be as efficient as possible on account of my being a very busy woman! I have a full-time job, a very long commute, a house to myself, 6-8 cats to take care of, and friends to keep in touch with, one of whom seems to spend most of her time in residence atop major appliances for some reason! :P
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on January 10, 2018, 01:10:25 PM
It is interesting what I read her about young kids.

When my sister had her first kid, she called him C5SR2: Carpet Crawling Curtain Climbing Crumb Stealing Rug Rat. He turned out pretty well for all that.

Yep, silliness runs in the family.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 10, 2018, 12:56:41 PM

Now dogs I understand, and they understand me, just as they do you. I'll take the company of a good dog over that of many humans!

Stephanie

PS: How's your buddy doing?

Fanta seems all better by eye, thanks for asking.  His bloodwork tells a different story.  It's better, but not by a lot.  We are retesting in a month.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Jayne01

Oh ok. I'm not fully conscious yet. I've been awake since 3am and my head is a little mushy. I half suspected you were being sarcastic and joking, I wanted to make sure.

Jayne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 10, 2018, 01:38:31 PM
Oh ok. I'm not fully conscious yet. I've been awake since 3am and my head is a little mushy. I half suspected you were being sarcastic and joking, I wanted to make sure.

Jayne

Love ya, sister. Don't stress about it!

- Stephanie

•  

Jayne01

I tend to agree with the kids thing. I have never really been able to connect with children, which doesn't make sense since I often act like a child. [emoji16][emoji12][emoji854] my niece has changed that a little. She is awesome and I live to play with her. I also find that I am more tolerant of stranger's children. I am able to smile at them and sometimes make silly faces to get the kid to laugh. I still have. I interest in having my own kids. Small doses are enough for me.

Now dogs, they are totally different. I looooove dogs. My wife and I don't have a dog because currently we are doing quite a bit of traveling and don't want to leave the dog behind.

Jayne
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 10, 2018, 01:46:56 PM
Love ya, sister. Don't stress about it!

- Stephanie
Me stress??? Never!!!!  I'm just happy that your time on top of the fridge hasn't dampened your sense of humour!

Jayne
  •  

Faith

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on January 10, 2018, 06:41:21 AM
I am glad that you are setting the wheels in motion for your GRS.  A bit step forward - congratulations!  We are at similar stages in our journeys: I just got my first surgery referral letter this week.

I just left a message for my therapist that I want to set up a meeting to talk about just that.

QuoteI am relieved that you are down off that fridge.  Too dusty up there!  Nobody likes dust in their wine, and dusty chocolate?  Eww, that's just wrong!

Agreed. On the other hand, fridge dust goes very well with #stormchips!

By the way, Dusty Stormchips is going to be my stage name when I get hired as weather girl for the local TV station. Stay tuned.

Stephanie "Dusty Stormchips" Bensinger (You knew me when...)

•  

Anne Blake

Hey Dusty, no, that sounds too much like some broken down rodeo bronc rider that would never look as good as you do in a fun skirt and top. I have to agree about NYC. I never really liked big cities though I have been in many around the world. But NYC is a special one, when you visit for your consult make sure that you take a tour of the city in one of those double deck busses; guaranteed you will gain an appreciation for the town. And then when you get your surgery done it will have even a more special place in your heart. Just don't let Laurie try to sell you one of the bridges around Manhattan.

By the way, you haven't told us when your consult is scheduled for...come on girl, keep up with the details!

Tia Anne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Anne Blake on January 10, 2018, 03:35:21 PM
Hey Dusty, no, that sounds too much like some broken down rodeo bronc rider that would never look as good as you do in a fun skirt and top.

You must be thinking of my cuzzin, Dusty Cowchips. But point taken. Hmmm. Fridgetop Stormchips? Freezer Stormchips? I'll work on it.

QuoteJust don't let Laurie try to sell you one of the bridges around Manhattan.

By the way, you haven't told us when your consult is scheduled for...come on girl, keep up with the details!

Whatever she's selling, I ain't buying. She can be sneaky and mean. (Does she look mad enough to put me back on the fridge with my wine and chocolates yet?)

As for dates: you all will be the third to know right after me and Sue. Everything is in the email-send-em-attached-documents phase right now.

Hey, do we have any members in NYC who can show a couple girls around?

Stephanie (Topper Stormchips?) Bensinger

•  

Jayne01

•  

Anne Blake

That has to be better than "Cowchip Steph"
  •  

LizK

We will just call you Stormy...quite an infamous name in Adelaide  ;D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

steph2.0

I was supposed to go to bed, but I wanted to share a pretty cool day:

Remember the story of when I got my drivers license and the lady from the front desk misgendered me? Well, Sue and I went back today to change the names on all our vehicle titles and registrations. We checked in at the front desk, and the same lady was there. I don't know if she recognized me from last time, but things were a bit different this time. "How can I help you ladies?" She checked us in, we got called to the counter, and Kay helped us through tons of paperwork and signatures. She was even apologetic that I had to sign my old name on the forms as the seller, then pointed out where to sign as Stephanie as the buyer. When she told me I had to sign my old name, I joked that I hated that, but I thought I remembered how. She smiled and was completely sympathetic. Throughout it all she was totally cool and helpful, and finished with, "You ladies have a nice day!" We got the same send off from the lady at the front desk.

Then we went to Darrell's restaurant, where they'd thrown the impromptu party after my name change hearing, for a late breakfast. Remember my semi-meltdown a few weeks ago when the waitress had misgendered me? This time she was completely cool. "What can I get you girls?" "Would you ladies like separate checks," etc. I should have pushed the envelope and introduced Sue as my wife. That could have been fun.

Next up: a friend of mine is looking at a plane to buy, and the seller flew it to a local airport today. My friend told the seller she really wanted her girlfriend Stephanie to inspect it, so I drove over, met the owner, who greeted me with, "It's Stephanie, right? It's nice to meet you!" and we ladies, along with a friend who hangs out in my shop in the winter, went over the plane with a fine-tooth comb. I got warm fuzzies when the owner got ready to leave and said again, "Stephanie, it was nice to meet you." He didn't show any awkwardness, and I think he really didn't know. I was even happy with my voice. Squeeeeeee!

The only awkward part was when my workshop friend kept deadnaming me. I told him later that when he got it wrong, just move on and don't draw attention to it. "Steve" could conceivably be a nickname for Stephanie, so don't make a big deal out of it. But work on it!

To top off the day and celebrate (my friend put a deposit on the plane) we went to Olive Garden for lunch and I was properly gendered for the entire time by the hostess, waiter, and bartender. I smiled at everyone and they all smiled back, including the ladies at the next table.

Later in the evening I got to sit down and have my almost-nightly girl-talk text session with Cassie and tell her all this, and we traded sisterly advice and encouragement until it was time for bed.

I'm feeling so incredibly... incredible right now.

Stephanie

•  

SassyCassie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 12, 2018, 01:17:07 AM
I'm feeling so incredibly... incredible right now.

Steph, I'm so glad things are starting to turn around in such a positive way for you! I wonder if you're close to (or even past) that unseen tipping point of self-confidence where no amount of misgendering or deadnaming can get under your skin.

BTW, I'm still feeling the effects from last night's toasting of your wonderful day! :D
  •