News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 08, 2018, 09:14:00 PM
I'll say nothing more. Such things tend to be misinterpreted around here.

Stephanie

noted
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on May 09, 2018, 04:46:17 PMWith the electrolysis, are you considering doing 2 hour sessions giving the electrologist the 20 minute break she needs? If it's the blend method, you would have an electrode places probably on your arm to complete the electrical circuit for the RF component. Thermolysis (what I am doing) has no electrode, just the probe.

It must be the thermolysis, then. There are no electrodes. I have a regular one hour session scheduled next week, but I'll be talking to her then about ramping it up. You're leaving me in the dust, girl, and the sooner I can stop growing it out every weekend, the less dysphoria I'll have to deal with. Kendra was smart, getting it all done before she went full-time. Though I have to admit that my hair is so light colored that nobody has said a word or even seemed to notice after 3 days growth.

QuoteFeeling that you are constantly being clocked is due to your own self doubts. Most people take their cues by the way you project yourself. If you seem nervous or looking around wondering who may be staring m, it will draw attention to yourself and then people will start looking closer. If you act as the confident woman you know you can be, then people don't notice anything because you are just someone going about your business not drawing attention. Who is this Steve person you are referring to?

Well, the paranoia I experience isn't due to any stares or "point-and-laughs". Objective evidence indicates that I'm doing quite well. I put it to the test again today for lunch, with the hostess greeting Cassie and me with "Welcome, ladies," the young waiter treating us nicely, and a young mother from the next table giving us her unused free dessert coupon, which we put to good (and high-calorie) use. If I had been drawing attention to myself I doubt people would have treated us that well. It's the subjective and emotional side that I let build to too much drama. I know I'm prone to it and I do try to moderate it. I wasn't going to write anything about it here, but any time I hold back, I get scolded. On the other hand, when I cut loose I get scolded, too, so I've decided heck, it's my thread, I'll do what I wanna do.

QuoteSteph, you have helped me in many ways along my own journey. Thank you.

That's the second best thing I've heard all day!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on May 09, 2018, 07:01:39 PM
QuoteQuote from: Steph2.0 on May 08, 2018, 10:14:00 pm
I'll say nothing more. Such things tend to be misinterpreted around here.

noted

But also note that I'll soon have a plane to fly, which makes a visit to south Florida a much easier proposition.

Just sayin',

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on May 08, 2018, 05:54:04 PM
Was the bike ride the pedalling kind or motorbike? I really miss having a motorbike.

The goal was to get some exercise after we both decided we needed to shed some weight, so they were pedal bikes. I think Cassie has a regular cruiser, and I have an EZ Sport recumbent, which I just loves.

Unfortunately we got rained out, and ended up vegetating and watching a movie instead. Oh well...

Stephanie

•  

Laurie

Uh huh I saw that veiled reference to me scolding you. You just wait young lady... You'll be sorry.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on May 09, 2018, 11:24:24 PM
Uh huh I saw that veiled reference to me scolding you. You just wait young lady... You'll be sorry.

Are you going to come back and give me a vicious hug?

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 09, 2018, 11:36:03 PM
Are you going to come back and give me a vicious hug?

Taunting me will not bode well for you Girl.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on May 09, 2018, 11:59:46 PM
Taunting me will not bode well for you Girl.

Me: More a hope than a taunt.
Audience: Awwwwwww!

They're on my side now...

•  

steph2.0

I ran another meeting of our flying club on Tuesday. It seemed appropriate that this was in the napkin holder in front of me:

It does seem like I'm making this all up as I go along, though the guidance all of you give me helps a lot.

Stephanie

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 10, 2018, 08:00:16 AM
I ran another meeting of our flying club on Tuesday. It seemed appropriate that this was in the napkin holder in front of me:

It does seem like I'm making this all up as I go along, though the guidance all of you give me helps a lot.

Stephanie

Stephanie:  I like your post and the message on the napkin holder. 
I would like to make all the rules but I have friends here that might want to make some of their own rules.   I guess the bottom line is that we have to do what is right for us while not interfering with the rights of others.

Your flying club, based on your interest and experience is really a neat thing for you to be involved in.  In our transistions it is important to get out there as there as our "new us" and make friends, and to be involved.

Thanks for sharing your good news posting.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 09, 2018, 11:00:53 PM
It must be the thermolysis, then. There are no electrodes. I have a regular one hour session scheduled next week, but I'll be talking to her then about ramping it up. You're leaving me in the dust, girl, and the sooner I can stop growing it out every weekend, the less dysphoria I'll have to deal with. Kendra was smart, getting it all done before she went full-time. Though I have to admit that my hair is so light colored that nobody has said a word or even seemed to notice after 3 days growth.
You are lucky with your light coloured hair. Mine is black and becomes noticeable before the end of the day after shaving. Thankfully it is greatly thinned out now. I am now seeing the light at the end of this electrolysis tunnel.

Hopefully you can ramp up your sessions to get more done each time.

Well, the paranoia I experience isn't due to any stares or "point-and-laughs". Objective evidence indicates that I'm doing quite well. I put it to the test again today for lunch, with the hostess greeting Cassie and me with "Welcome, ladies," the young waiter treating us nicely, and a young mother from the next table giving us her unused free dessert coupon, which we put to good (and high-calorie) use. If I had been drawing attention to myself I doubt people would have treated us that well. It's the subjective and emotional side that I let build to too much drama. I know I'm prone to it and I do try to moderate it. I wasn't going to write anything about it here, but any time I hold back, I get scolded. On the other hand, when I cut loose I get scolded, too, so I've decided heck, it's my thread, I'll do what I wanna do.
Any chance some of this paranoia is teenager hormones related? If I count the 2 months of E I was taking before going to full transition dose, you and I started HRT at a similar time. I have been feeling a bit teenager like lately.

That's the second best thing I've heard all day!

Stephanie
What was the best thing, the free dessert coupon gifted to you? [emoji16]

Jayne
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 09, 2018, 11:11:41 PM
The goal was to get some exercise after we both decided we needed to shed some weight, so they were pedal bikes. I think Cassie has a regular cruiser, and I have an EZ Sport recumbent, which I just loves.

Unfortunately we got rained out, and ended up vegetating and watching a movie instead. Oh well...

Stephanie
What an odd looking bike. I have a regular looking road bike. I'm guessing your bike rides nicely if you love it so.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 10, 2018, 08:00:16 AM

Stephanie
I like the napkin!

Jayne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on May 10, 2018, 09:25:51 PM
What an odd looking bike. I have a regular looking road bike. I'm guessing your bike rides nicely if you love it so.

If you haven't tried a recumbent bike you're missing out. It's so comfortable to ride, with the backrest and the "fat-ass seat."

The nickname for recumbents is "bent bikes". The nickname for what you ride is "wedgie bikes" for obvious reasons.

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Ahhhh... today I finally got some airtime. My neighbor offered me flying privileges in return for getting her late husband's plane back in shape. After fixing some problems and thoroughly inspecting the plane, today the Dragon Lady and I joined our neighbors on a brunch flight out to an airport on the Gulf coast. Flying again was incredibly therapeutic.

Getting ready to fly!

The panel of the Aeroprakt A-22 Valor (and my manicured fingernails...)

Me untying the plane before the flight home after a great brunch with friends.

Stephanie

•  

Laurie

Happy skies make for happy ladies. I am glad you got to go aloft once again.
You and Sue look very happy indeed.
Where is my ride?

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

steph2.0

Anniversaries

As I post this message, it will be exactly one year since I finally surrendered to the knowledge I'd had since I was about nine years old. A series of events finally built the angst too high to hold back, and it cascaded into a total meltdown as I openly admitted to myself that, after fifty years of fighting, hiding, distracting, and fooling myself, it was no longer possible to deny it: I am transgender.

Fifty years of pain, shame, and sadness avalanched. It buried everything else in my life, casting it all into insignificance. Nothing else mattered other than alleviating the terrible ache for which I'd known the reason, but was too terrified to address for almost all my life.

The next morning I made a list of everything I wanted to accomplish. I knew it would take years and years to work through them all. But I knew that no matter how long it took, if I didn't do anything, I wouldn't be here on this planet much longer. My plans had been made. I had a song picked out to play at my funeral. Life as it was was no longer bearable.

Years and years of plans. But today is just one year. What I have accomplished in that year was completely inconceivable then. I am living full-time as my true self. I am experiencing physical changes that have me in awe of what is possible with magical chemicals. My name is changed: all significant records - federal, state, local, business - show my true name - and gender! I haven't been misgendered by strangers in a very long time now (other than one strange exception). All my family, friends, neighbors, business associates know who I am now, and not one single person has rejected me. Why? I have no idea. I'm nobody special. It's actually a source of some guilt as I see people I respect struggling with such rejection.

So much hard work. So much focus. So much accomplished. And now, with all that done, I find myself almost rudderless. Yes, there are significant things yet to be checked off - GCS, hair grafts, some FFS? But the pace has slowed to the point where I can no longer allow myself the luxury of the tunnel vision I experienced for the last year. It's disorienting. And it gives me time to doubt myself. If you follow my thread you know how I've been struggling lately.

All it takes, though, is the reminder to ask myself this question: Would I go back to the way things were?

No. Emphatically NO.

Like waves in a river lock, the ripples still have their peaks and valleys - but the water is rising. Life exists on a higher plane now. And once in a while my joy overflows, and washes all pain, past and present, out of my life.

There will be other very significant anniversaries. I'll celebrate them here as they arrive. But few will be as significant as finally admitting to myself who I am - and giving myself permission to act on it.

All of us here are on similar journeys. Those who have gone before, thank you for your guidance. Those who are close by, thank you for sharing the road with me. And those who are following, take hope - if I can do it, you surely can, too.

Just one year. Unbelievable...

Stephanie Rhapsody Bensinger, Female

•  

Laurie

Congrats Stephanie! A year is awesome. Enjoy many many more sweetie.

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Steph2.0   Stephanie, your last post was an absolute joy for me to read and also a joy for me that you shared your happiness and successes with all of us on your thread.  Truly an inspirational story that will bless your readers.

In your first year that you wrote so elegantly about... you had failures, frustrations, disappointments and you had determination and willpower to persevere and are now seeing successes, happiness and fulfillment to the extent that you probably couldn't have imagined before your transition plans.

And in one of your final statements....
I also, along with most of us here on Susan's would agree.... I would not want to go back to the way it was. 

Now you are liiving as the new you, Full-Time. 
It started out as a desire and a dream and it became a wish come true for you. :)

Thank you for posting this beautiful description of your first year.
Looking forward to your continued updates.... and, of course, pictures!!!
Wishing you well and sending you Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 12, 2018, 10:51:06 PM
Anniversaries

As I post this message, it will be exactly one year since I finally surrendered to the knowledge I'd had since I was about nine years old. A series of events finally built the angst too high to hold back, and it cascaded into a total meltdown as I openly admitted to myself that, after fifty years of fighting, hiding, distracting, and fooling myself, it was no longer possible to deny it: I am transgender.

Fifty years of pain, shame, and sadness avalanched. It buried everything else in my life, casting it all into insignificance. Nothing else mattered other than alleviating the terrible ache for which I'd known the reason, but was too terrified to address for almost all my life.

The next morning I made a list of everything I wanted to accomplish. I knew it would take years and years to work through them all. But I knew that no matter how long it took, if I didn't do anything, I wouldn't be here on this planet much longer. My plans had been made. I had a song picked out to play at my funeral. Life as it was was no longer bearable.

Years and years of plans. But today is just one year. What I have accomplished in that year was completely inconceivable then. I am living full-time as my true self. I am experiencing physical changes that have me in awe of what is possible with magical chemicals. My name is changed: all significant records - federal, state, local, business - show my true name - and gender! I haven't been misgendered by strangers in a very long time now (other than one strange exception). All my family, friends, neighbors, business associates know who I am now, and not one single person has rejected me. Why? I have no idea. I'm nobody special. It's actually a source of some guilt as I see people I respect struggling with such rejection.

So much hard work. So much focus. So much accomplished. And now, with all that done, I find myself almost rudderless. Yes, there are significant things yet to be checked off - GCS, hair grafts, some FFS? But the pace has slowed to the point where I can no longer allow myself the luxury of the tunnel vision I experienced for the last year. It's disorienting. And it gives me time to doubt myself. If you follow my thread you know how I've been struggling lately.

All it takes, though, is the reminder to ask myself this question: Would I go back to the way things were?

No. Emphatically NO.

Like waves in a river lock, the ripples still have their peaks and valleys - but the water is rising. Life exists on a higher plane now. And once in a while my joy overflows, and washes all pain, past and present, out of my life.

There will be other very significant anniversaries. I'll celebrate them here as they arrive. But few will be as significant as finally admitting to myself who I am - and giving myself permission to act on it.

All of us here are on similar journeys. Those who have gone before, thank you for your guidance. Those who are close by, thank you for sharing the road with me. And those who are following, take hope - if I can do it, you surely can, too.

Just one year. Unbelievable...

Stephanie Rhapsody Bensinger, Female
Stephanie Rhapsody Bensinger, congratulations on one amazing year. You have accomplished so much in such a short time. And look at you now, living my full time as your true self, all your documents changed to your real name and gender, so many friends and family supporting you, and above all else, you seem so happy to be alive.

Your feeling of being rudderless can be seen as a good thing. You are living your life as yourself without a huge list of things to do for your transition. You now have time to relax a little and enjoy everyday life the way it always should have been. There are still some big items on your to-do list, but they will come along at a less furious pace than the smaller (but still important) tasks behind you. Enjoy every minute, you have earned the right to be happy.

Thank you for sharing your stories and allowing us to be a part of your journey. It is a privilege watching you grow as you meet challenges and find ways to get passed any obstacles you encounter.

I'm proud of you.

Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

Off she goes, into the wild blue yonder!  Glad to see you are flying again.

Stephanie, it is hard to believe it has only been a year for you.  Wow, you have done so much in that year!  You can't keep up that pace for long, so it is understandable that things have slowed down for you.

We talk so much about transition here that it is easy to think that is all there is.  It is hard to remember that a transition, by definition, is temporary.  Afterwards, we revert to real life - the goal of the transition in the first place.  Real life has its ups and downs, and, with our history, there is a chance for some of the downs to be really down.  But I think you have found the answer to them:

QuoteWould I go back to the way things were?

No. Emphatically NO.

Just remind yourself of that any time you need to.

Happy landings!
Kathy
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •