Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Donica on August 31, 2018, 01:02:57 PM
Wow Stephanie! You have been a very busy girl. I mist your thread for a few days and wow! I took this morning to catch up. I'm very happy that things went well with Carol and that you continue to fly to breakfast. And the Orlando Science Center sounds like a lot of fun. OMG! I Didn't know you were so into music, or did I forget about a post in a music thread that you made? Oh dear, my memory is slipping I think. I sooo want to find a neckless with a treble clef like that with Silver earrings too. I've been look for a neckless but didn't know what I wanted until reading your updates. Great news from your FFS FacialTeam. I'm still waiting for my approval. I can only hope it goes as well as yours has. Did I read that it's your birthday tomorrow? Happy birthday and all my best wishes Stephanie. I will gladly pay you $5 for the unauthorized use for my next comment. Girl,,,, I am SQUEEESPLODING  ;D.

Lots of hugs,
Donica.

Hi Donica! Thanks for the nice comments!

I do love music, and I was in the band all through school (once I found out it got me out of gym class and I didn't have to use the boys lockers and showers), but I really don't consider myself a musician. I mess around with a guitar, a ukulele, and very occasionally a banjo, but lately I've been having fun with something called a JamStik. It's a six string, 5 fret mini guitar looking thing that's actually a MIDI controller for software running on a tablet or phone. Since it's all electronic you can make it sound like anything - and though it has real strings, it makes little noise, so I can plug in headsets and practice any time without waking anyone up.

As for the necklace, here's what I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQ2MQR0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's a treble clef with the words, "Music is what feelings sound like" printed on it.

FFS: well, I don't need approval. I have zero insurance coverage on what they consider to be cosmetic procedures, so since it's coming out of my pocket, I just need to decide what I want and where to get it, then wait for the appointment. Then cry all the way to the bank. But it's not optional, just like GCS. At least right now insurance does cover that.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It's actually on Monday - Labor Day, appropriate for my mom...

Since it's my birthday, there's no charge for using copyrighted terms this weekend! Enjoy!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Wednesday and Thursday I had the pleasure of spending time with a couple of Susan's denizens who were passing through and wanted to visit. @Stevi and her wife Penny hung out with us and it was a lot of fun.

On Wednesday we met for brunch in the local restaurant where I'd been treated so well after my name change court hearing back in December. We then went back to my hacienda and sat and talked about all kinds of things, but mostly about transitioning and how it's going. Then when we got a break in the weather, I got the plane out and we went for a local flight.

Later in the day we picked up @SassyCassie and drove to Orlando for one of the T-Network social gatherings. These are strictly for socializing, and Stevi and Penny had never been to anything like it before. Stevi had been to group therapy sessions, but Penny wasn't welcome at them, so this was a new experience for both, and I think they enjoyed it.

Next morning I was tied up with my FacialTeam consultation, then we all met up with Cassie for dinner, then went to a trivia contest in an ice cream shop. Very dangerous. After finishing in the upper third but out of the money, we all headed home.

Stevi and Penny are pretty cool people. It's awesome that I've been able to make some more fun friendships through Susan's. What a precious resource we have here!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jayne01

Hi Stephanie,

I'm glad your Skype FFS consultation went so well. From what you've said, it sounds like they have your best interests in mind rather than solely try to get your business.

.......He seriously doesn't believe I need FFS, just regular stuff that any woman my age would need.........

...........He was adamant that I already had a very feminine facial structure, and all I need is minor things...........
Is this the part where we say "told you so"? I would also replace the word "need" in the two quoted statements with "want". I don't think you "need" any work done to make you look feminine. It purely comes down to what will make you happy when looking in the mirror for your own peace of mind.

I still don't see it in the mirror, but as always, I guess I'm a terrible judge, and I will try to believe what both my friends, and now world-renown experts, tell me.
We are always the worst person to judge ourselves. Nobody would ever treat us the way we treat ourselves when we are being self critical. Girl, you are rocking it. Just look at the smile on your face in all your recent photos. You are full of joy living your new life.

I hope you can find the right solution to satisfy your own personal desires.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

Meeting other Susan-ites seems to be all the rage this summer.  You two look like you are having a lot of fun in that airplane.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on September 01, 2018, 02:38:45 AM
Hi Stephanie,

I'm glad your Skype FFS consultation went so well. From what you've said, it sounds like they have your best interests in mind rather than solely try to get your business.
Is this the part where we say "told you so"? I would also replace the word "need" in the two quoted statements with "want". I don't think you "need" any work done to make you look feminine. It purely comes down to what will make you happy when looking in the mirror for your own peace of mind.
We are always the worst person to judge ourselves. Nobody would ever treat us the way we treat ourselves when we are being self critical. Girl, you are rocking it. Just look at the smile on your face in all your recent photos. You are full of joy living your new life.

I hope you can find the right solution to satisfy your own personal desires.

I've been getting that a lot lately, from people on the forums and through private messages, and I thank everyone so much for the nice words. I have only two reservations about them.

The first and happiest is that we all know how friendships color our perceptions. I won't go as far as to say that anyone is deliberately bending the truth to make their friend feel better, but I do believe that just the fact that we love someone does tend to mask that person's faults from us. We are almost literally blind to such things as we appreciate all the wonderful things about our friend. It's different for strangers who are often all too willing to go looking for such faults. So seeing the stuff that's not so perfect in the mirror can also be a defense mechanism. I'll acknowledge that I probably go too far in seeing those faults, but my excuse is that seeing the wrong thing in the mirror for 50 years creates a critical thought pattern that's going to take a long time to break.

The second is that here I can pick and choose what you all see. You're not likely to be shown too many pics of me without at least some effort with the hair and makeup. So in that respect I'm still wearing a mask to save myself from criticism. I'm not able to control things to that extent in the "real world," whatever that means.

So my goal remains that of any cis-woman: Be able to throw on a t-shirt and jeans, tie my hair back, and run to the store without getting misgendered. There is no way that can happen right now. I admit that in some respects I won the genetic lottery (if being transgender can be considered "winning" in any way). We all have things that work for us and against us, especially those of us who've endured testosterone poisoning for so long. So I'll enjoy whatever advantages I have and correct the correctable disadvantages as much as possible.

Yes, much of what I plan is to simply make myself feel better. But part of that is simple practicality. It's too much work, and should be unnecessary to get fixed up just to go get some milk or cut the lawn.

Oh, and please don't bother to hit me with the "you shouldn't care what other people think of you - misgendering shouldn't bother you" argument. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Well, thanks to web interfaces, I had a great post prepared, and at the last moment, poof! Gone. Here we go again...

A Day in the Life

Last Monday started out with a trip to my primary doctor's office to have blood drawn for my quarterly tests. This time I asked them to check for not just testosterone levels, but all three E's: Estrogen, Estradiol and Estrone. The same phlebotomist that I usually see greeted me, and in hushed tones asked me how "the change" was going. She's very interested, in a clinical way, but being uneducated in it, uses layman's terms. We talked frankly about the process, and at one point she said, "have you had it done yet?" pointing down. I have to do a little educating about proper etiquette, but she was respectful about it all, so we talked about what that all means. She had to pull out her manual to find out how to take all those E samples, and we chatted while she looked it all up. At the front desk Jeanine, who used to call me "Mister Steve," was as friendly as always and wished me a nice day. squee.

I've been seeing a chiropractor for the back pain I've been living with since before the Denver trip. The truly awesome thing is I don't think my doctor included my full history when he sent the referral, and nobody there seems to know my story. I'm just Stephanie to them, and the front desk ladies - and even other patients - and I have had some fun and extremely affirming conversations as we banter about hair and jewelry and clothing and just life-in-general. The back problem is just about fixed, and I'm going to miss my three-times-a-week visits there.

After having blood sucked out of me, I went to my morning back breaker appointment, and when I was done, I was feeling so good that I didn't want to go home. I did however, have a craving for a Starbucks Mocha, especially considering that I'd had to fast for the blood tests and had had zero caffeine so far, so off I went. I love being greeted with "yes ma'am," telling them my name to put on the cup (and usually telling them it's "ph" not "f" in Stephanie), and waiting for them to call it out. squeee. (Ahhh, chocolate and coffee. Almost as good as chocolate and wine, right, Kathy?).

From there to the auto parts store to return some touchup paint that was the wrong color for the Colossus. I'd bought it from a lady at the counter the week before, and was treated right then, and told if it was the wrong color, just bring it back. So I did. The guy at the counter wasn't sure how to take the return, so he called his manager, who happened to be the lady I'd already dealt with (yay, a woman manager at an auto parts store!). He consulted with her: "She bought this last week and needs to return it." "Yes, I remember her, do this and this." Squeeeeee.

I still didn't want to go back to isolation at home. On the way that direction I pass a local college where I've been considering taking classes. I was certain that the class catalog would be online, but I wanted more social interaction, so I drove in and went inside. The nice lady in the registrars office gave me paperwork to take home, and lots of affirmation. Squeee!

On to the post office to check the PO box. I remember driving over there late at night and surreptitiously sneaking in and out when there was no one to see. No more. Troop in, smile at everyone, get smiles in return, and check the mail. SQUEE!

Still not wanting to go home, what to do? Hey, we need groceries! Off to the Wall Mart's Superduper Store. On the way to the grocery section, I get pulled into the women's clothing department. Ooo, that's cute! I restrained myself, though I did go to the cosmetics section and pick out some new lipstick. In groceries the women smiled back and the men moved out of my way. Checking out I channelled Tia and struck up a conversation with the cashier, leaving us both smiling as I left. At the exit sensors the gentleman in front of me set off the alarm and we bantered a little about what to do about it, with no drama or weirdness. More smiles, and out to the Rocket Skate. SQUEEEEE!

I had finally exhausted all excuses for not going home. While I ate lunch I reviewed the paperwork from the college. Dang, they want copies of transcripts from high school and previous colleges. There is no way they are going to see such things with a mismatched name on them. So what the heck, I got online and started researching if I could change the name on ancient records. The high school stuff was hazy, but the path seemed pretty clear for my college records. I had attended for three years in the early 80's until the school and I mutually agreed that we didn't like each other any more, and I went into the workplace, creating my own career without their help. With minimal research I found an email address, and after a few messages back and forth, one including scans of my court order and driver's license, they wrote back that they were changing it and here's how to order copies. SQUEEEEEEEE!!!

It was an incredible day. I'll state again that while such things will be expected and unremarkable some day, right now it just feels so good...

But that's not all.

Yesterday I received something in the mail I never expected to see. My college transcripts arrived, with Stephanie Rhapsody Bensinger on the top. She is less than a year old, and she's already been to college!

SQUEEEEESPLOSION!!! [emoji769]

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on September 01, 2018, 07:00:36 AM
Meeting other Susan-ites seems to be all the rage this summer.  You two look like you are having a lot of fun in that airplane.

Well, she didn't jump out, so I guess she enjoyed it.

•  

Donica

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 01, 2018, 09:40:31 AM
Well, she didn't jump out, so I guess she enjoyed it.

Oh Stephanie! That was so funny. I'm still laughing as I write this :eusa_clap: Not to make fun of one of my passengers misfortunes, and at the time I didn't, and not to steal your thread but I felt this would be appropriate. We departed from CMA one morning for a quick flight over the Sespe mountains in SoCal to look at our old hiking grounds. He was fine for most of the trip, saying, "Let's go over there!. Let's look at that! Wow cool!" We dropped into the canyon for a closer look. As the canyon started to close up, I told my passenger we need to make tight 180 and head back out of the canyon. He said "Ok! Cool, let's go". It was only a 60 degree bank but when I pulled back on the yolk, he yelled out "Oooohhh nnnooo!. Stop!. I have to get out!". He almost left his breakfast all over the floor of the rented 172. I quickly leveled the wings and gingerly headed straight back to the airport while desperately trying to calm him down. I called ahead and reported that I had an ill passenger aboard and requested to expedite our landing. Thank god he was able to hold his breakfast until he got out of the plane. I really didn't want to have to clean up such a mess. I can still see his pale white face. He never went up with me again after that.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Donica on September 01, 2018, 12:32:52 PM
Oh Stephanie! That was so funny. I'm still laughing as I write this :eusa_clap: Not to make fun of one of my passengers misfortunes, and at the time I didn't, and not to steal your thread but I felt this would be appropriate. We departed from CMA one morning for a quick flight over the Sespe mountains in SoCal to look at our old hiking grounds. He was fine for most of the trip, saying, "Let's go over there!. Let's look at that! Wow cool!" We dropped into the canyon for a closer look. As the canyon started to close up, I told my passenger we need to make tight 180 and head back out of the canyon. He said "Ok! Cool, let's go". It was only a 60 degree bank but when I pulled back on the yolk, he yelled out "Oooohhh nnnooo!. Stop!. I have to get out!". He almost left his breakfast all over the floor of the rented 172. I quickly leveled the wings and gingerly headed straight back to the airport while desperately trying to calm him down. I called ahead and reported that I had an ill passenger aboard and requested to expedite our landing. Thank god he was able to hold his breakfast until get out of the plane. I really didn't want to have to clean up such a mess. I can still see his pale white face. He never went up with me again after that.

Oh, that would be horrible. At least you were able to complete the box canyon turn before you had to straighten out. I've had to cut a few flights short because of that. I'm constantly checking to see how my passenger is doing.

60 degree bank = 2g's and most people aren't used to anything but a quick bump. I have to admit, anything sustained over 2g's gets to me, too, unless I'm doing the actual maneuvering.

As a pilot you've probably heard this, but I'll relate it for those who haven't. An aerobatic jet team pilot was going to take someone up, and told them the best thing to eat before the flight was bananas. The passenger asked, why, does it fight nausea? The pilot replied, no, but they taste the same coming up as they do going down.

Stephanie

•  

Kendra

I've done that to passengers very close to ground level in my modified Fiat. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

KathyLauren

@Donica
As an instructor, I had to deal with motion sickness all the time.  We flew all our turns at 60 degrees, 2Gs.  Aerobatics were 3 to 4 Gs.  (The aircraft limit was 7.33Gs.)  And we did spins.  We had a simple rule: if you made the mess, you clean it up.

I had one student who had a chronic motion sickness problem, and I was assigned to cure him of it.  If he had to use his airsick bag, I'd take control while he dealt with it, then he had to take control back and continue the mission.  He was cured by the end of the course.

@Steph2.0
That was a veritable squee-stravaganza!  And yes, chocolate and coffee is almost as good as chocolate and wine.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica

Happy Birthday Stephanie 🎂
You're still a youngin'!

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

@Steph2.0

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica on September 03, 2018, 03:14:05 PM
Happy Birthday Stephanie [emoji512]
You're still a youngin'!

Thank you Jessica!

And the next 60 will be lived authentically.

Stephanie Rhapsody Bensinger

•  

Donica

It's your birthday today? Well Happy Birthday Stephanie! :icon_birthday:

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jayne01

Happy birthday bday Stephanie!
[emoji126][emoji322][emoji322][emoji320][emoji320]🛒[emoji324][emoji324][emoji324][emoji512][emoji512][emoji512]
  •  

KathyLauren

Happy birthday, Stephanie!  Here's to the next 60 years!
  •  

Anne Blake

I will join this band wagon, it is a good one to ride.

Happy Birthday Stephanie!!!

Tia Anne
  •  

LizK

Happy Birthday Steph

and Another next 60 authentically... :icon_clap:

:icon_birthday:
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

Catching me up!!! Happy Birthday love (she says lurking behind the keyboard) XXXXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

steph2.0

I have so much to write about as soon as I have some time to catch up. But right now I just have to post this. They were a day late because of the holidays, but these came in the mail today from my Mom and my sister:

I cried so hard and long...

Stephanie

•