Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

In over my head

Started by Leslie36369, September 21, 2017, 12:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leslie36369

Hi,  Ive been searching for friends and vroups for almost a year now. For the past couple of years i have started the process and then back tracked over and over. Since I was injured a few years back and then became ill I have stayed with my mom and while she knows about me she conveniently acts like i never said anything. I remind her often but shes handling it the olny way she can i guess. The town and other family members i dont tell mainly for saftey issues. Its one of those redneck towns that thinks im the devil for being different. I've reached out to many friends hoping for support but olny to loose them. I'm at this point now where i dont think i can continue if i font move forward. I thought ok i can go to a support group maybe even get out of the house dressed but i can olny find one group about an hour away and im nervous about getting dressed up by myself. I've had all this social anxiety and almost agoraphobia lately due to lack of any social interactions. I know there has to be more groups around atlanta and i really need some friends if am going to move forward. If i cant move forward Im scared of what could happen. If you're in Atlanta please help with advice or something.
I feel like an alcoholic that celebrates my 90 day chip with champagne
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Leslie36369 on September 21, 2017, 12:26:12 AMIf you're in Atlanta please help with advice or something.

Leslie, there's a list of resources here:

Download a PDF of Trans-friendly Resources in Atlanta.

I have experience/would recommend Endo Dr. Sheryl Thacker and Erin Swenson (new website) She used to moderate 'group' Weds night northside ATL unsure if still does.

You don't have to goto meetings dressed. CALL ERIN she is very easy to talk to!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Leslie36369

Thank you Kiera. I looked over her website and could not find anything about a support group. I will email and ask later today. Im trying to figure out how to download pdf files on my phone. My dog chewed my laptop cord in half. I've been looking at therapist for years now, but have been out of work so can't afford to see one. I just have to get something going. Once I came out everything became so much more urgent in my mind and it is destroying me.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

•  

DawnOday

http://www.transgeorgia.org/Home

You can always pack a bag and dress in the restroom at the group center. I do that as I am still leary of being out in public. But amongst friends it is much easier and feels like the right thing to do. Good luck.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Leslie36369

Quote from: DawnOday on September 21, 2017, 01:29:57 PM
http://www.transgeorgia.org/Home

You can always pack a bag and dress in the restroom at the group center. I do that as I am still leary of being out in public. But amongst friends it is much easier and feels like the right thing to do. Good luck.
Thank you, that sounds like a good idea. I get wierded out about being pulled over. Just takes forever to get ready lol

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

•  

Chloe

Leslie, the group Erin founded is called: Southern Association for Gender Education, (SAGE)

OMG I recognize some friends (in photo) been a while for me.
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •