Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Becca's HRT Journey

Started by Becca Kay, October 05, 2017, 06:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

You are adorable! I love the wig choice!
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Becca Kay

thank you!  I'm so happy!
  •  

Becca Kay

I've lived my life as a cis male, but I've always been more comfortable being around women. My friends though have always been, or mostly been, men.   Lately I've been spending my free time with women.  I didn't plan this.  I didn't try to start going out for wine with the girls. But that's what has happened.  The wives of several of my old guy friends have started inviting me to go out with them.  They've included me in their activities and I've found myself spending a lot of time with my friends' wives.

It's been a surreal experience.  The other day I found myself engaged in a detailed conversation about the sex life of one of my friends, except he wasn't there and I was talking to his wife... Who now I guess is my friend too... In a way she wasn't just a few months ago.

Another recent conversation I had with a few of the girls involved discomfort during intercourse.  I have NEVER had conversations like this with women.  I find it an amazing experience. Not just because it's so different from my experience with men, but because it feels completely natural to me.   In fact I realized today that I can't really ever go back to being a man full time.  In large part because I never felt like I was connecting with most of my male friends.  Being a man and hanging out with men was a part I played. I was a good actor. But I didn't like the job. It was unfulfilling.

•  

Becca Kay

Also, I've had my wig for exactly 4 days and I already feel uncomfortable going out of the house without it. I go to work as (dead name) but outside of work I'm always me now. I've stopped dressing as a man.  All my clothing is either gender neutral or feminine. 

That has quickly led to a intense feelings of dysphoria while I'm at work. The past three days I've been sitting g in my office wanting to cry, or go home and get my wig. 
  •  

Becca Kay

This is an HRT thread, so here's a quick HRT update.  Since getting my estradiol dosage doubled last month I've noticed a couple of changes.  My hair (body and face) is growing more slowly. While laser has knocked out a substantial amount of my facial hair what is left seems to barely grow. I used to have long rough stubble only 10 hours after shaving my face.  I can go two days now before there's enough stubble to shave. And my body hair is growing more slowly. I go for electrolysis every 7 days on my upper body/ torso. I would typically shave between sessions and there would be enough growth for my tech to work with. I didn't shave between appointments this week, but there was barely any stubble for her to work with today.

This makes me so happy.
  •  

Laurie

Hi Becca,

I've caught up on your thread and I like your wig. The stories about being included with the girls was fun and I think you may be heading for a talk with your boss soon so you can be yourself at work. Just take things one day at a time and one step at a time and you'll be okay.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Becca Kay

Quote from: Laurie on January 24, 2018, 09:38:48 PM
Hi Becca,

I've caught up on your thread and I like your wig. The stories about being included with the girls was fun and I think you may be heading for a take with your boss soon so you can be yourself at work. Just take things one day at a time and one step at a time and you'll be okay.

Hugs,
  Laurie

thank you! 

next week is my last at my current job.   next month i move to DC for my new job.  I'm hoping it goes well and later this year I can come out at work and finally an be myself.

•  

Becca Kay

Saturday was my support group.  We go out to a local brewery after and I look forward to it for the weeks in between meetings.  Even though i've only been going for a couple of months i've gotten rather attached to several of the girls.  It is an amazing feeling to be able to be myself and to talk to other people who are more like me than anyone else i've ever known.  I never realized that it would be wonderful to sit and chat with half a dozen other girls. 

Several of them said they're really sad that i'm moving away.  I was so touched that i had to try really hard not to cry. 

I've been going out as much as possible in my wig and make-up.  It feels really good to be dressed properly. I feel more like myself.  But it's also scary because i'm paranoid and anxious about how people will react to me

I went out to brunch with friends on Sunday to a popular new breakfast spot, which is small and crowded.  It was mostly a great time, but i did catch random people staring at me.  I'd look up from my meal and see someone and they'd realize i was looking back and they'd do that thing where they quickly avert their eyes and try to pretend they weren't staring.

Yesterday was my birthday, which i spent alone.  I kind of liked having the night to myself.  I went out to my neighborhood sushi restaurant and sat at the bar for my usual sashimi. I go there alone at least once per week and the bartenders (all women) know me and are very nice to me and seem happy when I show up, especially since i started showing up as myself.  Unfortunately, last night some drunk old guy was sitting several seats down the bar from me.  He was snickering and making comments under his breath but I heard "He-She" over and over and at one point he was boasting that he "had a radar for noticing when there were perverts nearby." 

It made me feel bad.  Kind of ruined my night.  I go there because it feels safe and the Indonesian bartenders get really chatty with me.  I always feel better after. 

Why are so many people (usually men) so horrible?

I know i'm not ever going to be delicate and petite and feminine looking to completely pass.  I'm tall and I have shoulders. and too wide a jaw.  I have huge feet.  And I have to wear a wig. 

I was inspired to come out by Laura Jane Grace and also Charlie Jane Anders.  Both are tall trans women (like me) who have their own unique looks.  I felt that if they could look so good and hold their heads up high and be so out there publicly than i should be able to be myself too. 

I want to be stronger, tougher.  I want to be able to just blow it off when bigots say cruel things to me.  Or smirk or wink back at people when I catch them staring. 

But it's <Not allowed> hard.  So hard.
  •  

KayXo

You are a woman. End of story. Be close to your heart, always and trust me, not much else will matter. The outside world doesn't define who you are.
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

Becca Kay

it's been two weeks since I posted in this thread but it feels like a year.  So here are a few updates...

I moved 1,000 miles away to my new job.  It's only been a couple of days but it feels like I made the right decision.  I am not out at work, but I'm optimistic that I can be in the future.  My new employer is regularly noted in the media as being LGBTQ friendly and their corp inclusivity policies include gender identity.

I'm out now to all of my friends and family.  It feels good.  After a few weeks my mother now uses my new name.  My family gave me a going away party and I showed up as myself.  That was the first time all of them saw me presenting as a woman. I was only dead named once the whole day.  LOL

for two weeks while i was between jobs I was presenting all day every day as myself.  It was the longest period of time in my life that I've done that.  When i had to show up as (dead name) to my new job yesterday it was a LOT HARDER than i thought it would be.  I don't know how long I can do this. 

My only fear right now is being literally alone without friends in a big city.  I didn't realize how safe my little group of supportive friends made me feel back in my home town.  I had gotten comfortable going out in my wig and skirts because I always felt like somebody had my back.  But that's gone.  It's terrifying
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Becca Kay on February 13, 2018, 09:16:36 PM
it's been two weeks since I posted in this thread but it feels like a year.  So here are a few updates...

I moved 1,000 miles away to my new job.  It's only been a couple of days but it feels like I made the right decision.  I am not out at work, but I'm optimistic that I can be in the future.  My new employer is regularly noted in the media as being LGBTQ friendly and their corp inclusivity policies include gender identity.

I'm out now to all of my friends and family.  It feels good.  After a few weeks my mother now uses my new name.  My family gave me a going away party and I showed up as myself.  That was the first time all of them saw me presenting as a woman. I was only dead named once the whole day.  LOL

for two weeks while i was between jobs I was presenting all day every day as myself.  It was the longest period of time in my life that I've done that.  When i had to show up as (dead name) to my new job yesterday it was a LOT HARDER than i thought it would be.  I don't know how long I can do this. 

My only fear right now is being literally alone without friends in a big city.  I didn't realize how safe my little group of supportive friends made me feel back in my home town.  I had gotten comfortable going out in my wig and skirts because I always felt like somebody had my back.  But that's gone.  It's terrifying

Great News!!!!  Was kinda worried you had been kidnapped by aliens or the witch's monkeys :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Laurie

Hi Becca,

I have been waiting to read how things have been for you with your move to the big city. This right here "It's only been a couple of days but it feels like I made the right decision." make my heart glad for you. It is truly good when you can have those feelings. The other things you have related also give me a smile to see the positivity in those things you did since leaving your old job. All are such confirming actions that show you are not only leaving the old job for a new one but you are leaving an old life and beginning a new one for and as yourself. And yes Hun, it is terrifying, but it is also wonderful. Another thing Becca, remember that when it does get difficult we here have your back. All you need do is is come talk with us. I'm here via PM or email or even a phone call should you need to talk. PM me and I'l provide my personal information to you if you  would like.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Becca Kay

I was definately not kidnapped by witches or flying monkies.  But that sounds fun and amazing :)

i've thought about posting repeatedly over the past couple of weeks but I've been so psychologically exhausted I just couldn't. 

I am staying in corporate housing ( a hotel ) for a few weeks while I look for an apartment.  Until I get settled in my own place my life does still feel rather upended.  I feel a bit scared to leave the hotel presenting as a woman.  I'm not exactly passable. 

The funny thing is that most of my casual clothing now is women's clothing.  It's just jeans and ts and sweaters.  But without my wig and make up i look look an effeminate man.  In a lot of ways I'm completely comfortable being seen by people as a queer looking man.  But it's not how I feel inside, so even that is kind of frustrating. 

I don't feel like I can truely be comfortable out in the world until i've had FFS and top surgery.  Even when I'm wearing my wig and a skirt and a push up bra I feel incredibly self conscious, like i'm wearing a costume that people can see through.

•  

Laurie

Well Becca I will be watching once again to read about you becoming comfortable being out as yourself. For now Hun, take it one thing at a time. You have  good reason to take it slow in that area. On my whole road trip it was in that area that someone made a disparaging comment that was probably directed at me but I chose not to acknowledge it and find out for sure. Therefore I do not know it it was aimed at me or not so it wasn't. No where else on the whole moth's adventure did it happen again that I noticed. There is some truth to the saying that ignorance is bliss. Stay blissful Becca.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Becca Kay on February 14, 2018, 08:18:22 PM
I was definately not kidnapped by witches or flying monkies.  But that sounds fun and amazing :)

i've thought about posting repeatedly over the past couple of weeks but I've been so psychologically exhausted I just couldn't. 

I am staying in corporate housing ( a hotel ) for a few weeks while I look for an apartment.  Until I get settled in my own place my life does still feel rather upended.  I feel a bit scared to leave the hotel presenting as a woman.  I'm not exactly passable. 

The funny thing is that most of my casual clothing now is women's clothing.  It's just jeans and ts and sweaters.  But without my wig and make up i look look an effeminate man.  In a lot of ways I'm completely comfortable being seen by people as a queer looking man.  But it's not how I feel inside, so even that is kind of frustrating. 

I don't feel like I can truely be comfortable out in the world until i've had FFS and top surgery.  Even when I'm wearing my wig and a skirt and a push up bra I feel incredibly self conscious, like i'm wearing a costume that people can see through.

Glad you didn't get kidnapped but you were missed and glad you're back.

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Becca Kay

thanks for the good feels, girls! 

so I sent an email yesterday to Dr Spiegel's office and got a phone call back today.  I'm going to schedule a consult soon for FFS.  Once i have more to tell I'll post it here.

•  

Laurie

Good for you Becca. You are moving on in more ways than one aren't you?

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Becca Kay

I moved into my new tiny apartment this weekend.  It's sooooo small. But it's a brand new condo and very nice.  I really like the neighborhood.  So many great places to eat. 

Since I moved here two weeks ago I've not worn my wig or make up even once.  I'm so scared to.  I'm not used to living in such a crowded city.  Right before I moved I was getting very comfortable back at home presenting as myself.  But here I feeel sooo exposed. 

ugh. 

•  

Donna

Nice wig. I'm wig shopping Wednesday and I'll see how I feel wearing it to work. I dress fem for work everyday now, started a week ago and no issues yet. I'll start next Monday with the wig I hope.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: Donna on February 25, 2018, 03:25:55 PM
Nice wig. I'm wig shopping Wednesday and I'll see how I feel wearing it to work. I dress fem for work everyday now, started a week ago and no issues yet. I'll start next Monday with the wig I hope.

that's wonderful.  good for you!
  •