News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Becca's HRT Journey

Started by Becca Kay, October 05, 2017, 06:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

@Becca Kay
Dear Becca:   I have been following both of your threads closely and I am very happy that things turned out so very well for you....  you are looking terrific and of course your great big happy smile and beautiful face should make you ecstatic about the results.
Thank you for keeping your fans updated.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Becca Kay

Quick update...

My FFS Recovery is going much better now as I'm in the 4th week of post op recuperation. My energy level is getting closer to normal. 

I have GCS consults officially scheduled now with McGinn in May and Bluebond-Langner in July.  I met last week with my therapist and she is preparing letters for me.  I want GCS so bad and knowing that it's maybe a year away makes me incredibly anxious.  I feel like I can't quite live my life until it's done.

The results of FFS have drastically lessened my Dysphoria.  I knew before that I was being clocked by most people in public.  But I don't worry about that anymore. Even without make up.  But the biggest benefit is that I like looking at myself in the mirror now.  It's a feeling I've never known.  It's wonderful.

Prior to my surgery I was still able to get a mild erection if I tried.  Just enough to have an orgasm.  But my erections were getting painful.  Being off HRT for two weeks before my surgery I started having regular erections and they stopped hurting.  For the past two weeks I occasionally tried but couldn't get an erection.  I was starting to think that maybe the combination of going back on HRT and having such a major surgery might mean I was done with erections altogether.  But in the past couple of days i've found that the old thing is working again (barely)  :)  But the "quality" of the erection is much less than what it was prior to my FFS a month ago.

I don't like my genitalia but I like sex.  If I graphed it's functionality over time and at the rate it's going I think at a point in the near future I don't get erections at all.  I worry I won't be able to orgasm. 

It's kind of a confusing thought.  Because I know it's possible to continue to orgasm after GCS.  But the way i'm "configured" right now I can't without an erection. 

Does this sound weird? 

I would still have GCS if I knew i couldn't orgasm again. 
  •  

Donica

Does this sound weird? Not at all Becca. I think achieving an orgasm has just as much to do with attitude as well as the physical sensation. If you are having orgasms now, you will be just fine after GCS.

Hugs.
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Becca Kay

State of Michigan mailed me a copy of my birth certificate.  I had to call UPS to change the delivery option.  The package is addressed to my dead name. 

Over the phone the customer service agent asked me "Ma'am, are you Mr Dead Name's wife? Does he have a UPS account?"

LOL 

Either FFS works over the phone or my vocal training this summer at George Washington University is paying off
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Becca Kay on October 15, 2018, 07:58:33 PM
State of Michigan mailed me a copy of my birth certificate.  I had to call UPS to change the delivery option.  The package is addressed to my dead name. 

Over the phone the customer service agent asked me "Ma'am, are you Mr Dead Name's wife? Does he have a UPS account?"

LOL 

Either FFS works over the phone or my vocal training this summer at George Washington University is paying off
@Becca Kay
Dear Becca
Wowzers, this is so very affirming on several fronts....

First, your official birth certificate name change which will help you to change many other official and government documents to your legal name.

Second, your voice on the phone passing the gender test.... very, very confidence building, and along with your facial surgical procedure, you are really clicking off the things on your "to do" list for reaching your transition goals.

Thank you for posting and sharing with your followers. 
We are enjoying traveling with you on the transition road.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

•  

sarahc

Quote from: Becca Kay on October 15, 2018, 07:58:33 PM

LOL 

Becca,

I'm glad you mentioned that you went to George Washington U. for voice therapy. I live in Maryland and am considering them for voice therapy (they seem like they're by far the most experienced in the vicinity). How were your sessions structured, and would you recommend them? Also, who was your speech therapist?

Hope your FFS recovery continues to go well  :)
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

Becca Kay

I guess I haven't posted much about the GW trans voice therapy program. I did the summer  program this year.  It is structured like a class. You attend one 90 min session each week  they putt 6-10 people in each class and each of you is assigned a grad student who tutors you individually for most of that 90 min.  The tutoring is customized to your needs and where you are in your voice transition.

They give you "homework" each week which includes daily vocal exercises. 

They are up front that it will take multiple semesters in the program to achieve results. I was very frustrated all summer. It was very difficult.  I didn't get results until the end of the term.  Then after the semester ened d it kind of clicked.

They work more on intonation and resonance than pitch. My pitch goal was only 170 Hertz. And that's about where it is now. It was much lower before my first semester.  Buy I have OK resonance now. And I've changed my intonation a LOT.  If all you do is raise pitch you won't sound natural to others and you will get clocked.

The program was $375 for the semester.  I will return in January fior the next term.  It was well worth it. 
  •  

sarahc

Cool - that sounds interesting. I'm from northern Maryland, and getting down to DC every week would be painful.  I did find the website that I think talks about the program you were in:

https://www.vocalself.com/transgender-voice-services

I don't know if you had any experience with Linda Siegfriedt herself. For me, I have the financial resources to do individual training, so I'm considering one of her intensive offerings. Or maybe some initial intensive plus a combination of in-person and Skype follow ups.
----
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: sarahc on October 16, 2018, 09:32:19 AM
Cool - that sounds interesting. I'm from northern Maryland, and getting down to DC every week would be painful.  I did find the website that I think talks about the program you were in:

https://www.vocalself.com/transgender-voice-services

I don't know if you had any experience with Linda Siegfriedt herself. For me, I have the financial resources to do individual training, so I'm considering one of her intensive offerings. Or maybe some initial intensive plus a combination of in-person and Skype follow ups.

yes.  she sat with me a bit during most of my one on one sessions,  She is very good. She designed the program. 
  •  

Becca Kay

Today is my 1 Year HRT anniversary.

I might be dead if not for HRT.  I don't believe I could have transitioned without it. HRT rewired my mind and lessened debilitating levels of dysphoria and anxiety.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Becca Kay on October 18, 2018, 09:12:54 AM

I might be dead if not for HRT.  I don't believe I could have transitioned without it. HRT rewired my mind and lessened debilitating levels of dysphoria and anxiety.

@Becca Kay
Dear Becca:
    Wishing you a very HAPPY HRT ANNIVERSARY

It is wonderful to be able to annually celebrate
your HRT Anniversary as your "new-you"  BIRTHDAY   :icon_birthday:

Thank you for being comfortable sharing your journey on your HRT and your FFS threads... and your other postings on the other various threads around the Forums... .   
I am thinking that I may need a "Becca Kay TRACKER" to keep up with all of your postings here on the Forums.  ;)

I am so happy that things are going so well for you... your followers are celebrating with you.
Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle

•  

Donica

Quote from: Becca Kay on October 18, 2018, 09:12:54 AM

Whoo-hooo Becca! Congratulations on your one year HRT anniversary. Feels great doesn't it?

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Becca Kay

When my legal name change became official two weeks ago my Mother said to me "This is your new birthday, my lovely daughter." 

I do kind of want to change the date I celebrate my birthday.  That thought seemed odd at first.  But now it feels like a new start, along with everything else.  I will also be knocking 10 years off my age. I've already started calling my 2 years younger sister my "older sister".  She is not amused

here's a selfie from today.  Took the bus to the DMV to update my name on my license

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Becca Kay on October 18, 2018, 03:31:31 PM
When my legal name change became official two weeks ago my Mother said to me "This is your new birthday, my lovely daughter." 

I do kind of want to change the date I celebrate my birthday.  That thought seemed odd at first.  But now it feels like a new start, along with everything else.  I will also be knocking 10 years off my age. I've already started calling my 2 years younger sister my "older sister".  She is not amused

here's a selfie from today.  Took the bus to the DMV to update my name on my license

@Becca Kay
Dear Becca:
Wow-whee.... you look absolutely beautiful in your new photo that you just posted.. 
Your hair, your makeup and lipstick, and of course your beautiful face is a treat for your followers to see!!!!
[emoji173]
Ignoring remnants of some bruising under your eyes, you are a very pretty picture of the "new you."   It appears that you healing has progressed very well, I imagine that you are quite happy when you look in a mirror.

Thank you for posting and sharing,
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

sarahc

It's only been a few weeks and it's already an amazing outcome! Congratulations!
----
  •  

Karen

You look amazing and so happy. 

Hugs

Karen
Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* Sept 2016 - January 2017 real began to seriously question and research gender
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
* March 2018 after 3 therapists, accepts I am transgender and am transitioning
* July 18, 2018 began HRT
* Feb 4, 2019 began Estrogen
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Congratulations Sofia!   Your new avatar is awesome!!!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

pamelatransuk

Congratulations Becca on your HRT anniversary yesterday and also on your latest picture in which you look so happy and so beautiful.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Kendra

Becca this is all awesome!  What a transformation.  And your mom's words are so touching. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Becca Kay on October 18, 2018, 03:31:31 PM

Becca, You are gorgeous! A lot of wonderful things have happened to you in the past month. Your FFS and recovery, your legal name change, your mother calling you her lovely daughter. This is cause for a big celebration. Why not make this your new birth date? I would take 40 years off my age but I don't think I could pull it off. I'll leave that one alone because people tell me I look younger then my age. Your mother sounds like a wonderful women. I'm so happy for you Becca. Oh ya! I love your new avatar.

Big hugs,
Donica.
  •