Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Rejection from therophy?

Started by Iamlost, October 19, 2017, 08:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iamlost

When i do plan on coming out to my parents i do think they will cover the hormones (because they dont cost too much) but whatabout theropy? I hear mixed reviews... people say it only took them 3 sessions with 100$/h others say it took 3 years costing thousands. How long would it take to get a letter of recomendation? And will i have to see them for the rest of my life or untill srs? And whats a average cost in ny (long island area)? It would be nice to not have to pay too much because i dont think my parents would spend thousands on me.
  •  

Dena

Insurance may cover therapy and depending on your families income, some therapist charge on a sliding scale where charges are based on your family income. The number of appointments will depend on you being honest and how many issues need to be resolved. It's possible your school has a consoler who could address some of your needs but may not be able to write letters.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Meghan

My Therapist and my doctor already prefer me to Endocrine just after three session.  I am delight and ready for next step.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Meghan Pham: MtF Transgender, Transsexual, Transwoman, social justice, Caregivers, Certified Nurse Assistant
  •