Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

White hairs after laser

Started by sid104, October 21, 2017, 10:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid104

So after my first laser session on face hairs are started to shed but i noticed small white hairs which i never seen before on my face.could it be result of laser because the women which did laser did not have much experience or i should change my laser place thought it is the cheap place for laser
I cant feel my face when am with you ::)
  •  

Lady Lisandra

Laser hair removal is a semi permament method. Unless electrolysis, it weakens hair follicles. This means that after all you sessions you may still have a few, light, unnoticeable hairs. Don't worry about that, remember that cis women also hair hair EVERYWHERE, it's just very light and we don't notice it.
- Lis -
  •  

sid104

I dont think so that i had white hairs.I guess its because laser.may be laser changed them to white
I cant feel my face when am with you ::)
  •  

jill610

I have also noticed after laser that I have a lot of white hairs, but I am thinking more along the lines of I just didn't notice them before because they got lost in the sea of dark hair before. I'm 39 and do not have many white hairs on my head but am noticing this in my face and chest, both of which have had laser treatments.

•  

Dena

All of my hair removal was done by electrolysis so no chance of it being bleached by the laser. Once I reached the point where I could stop shaving I had a bunch of very fine hair on my face. It was denser in the area where my beard was sparser but there is some even where my beard was dense. It's way to fine for removal by electrolysis and as it's white, laser wouldn't touch it. My face was last shaved before my avatar picture was taken and nobody has ever commented about it. It's normal for a woman to have some facial hair but you have to look very close to see it.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Denise

I asked the technician (actually she is an MD) told me that the laser treatments I was receiving were a permanent solution to hair removal.

Being 55 I have quite a bit of Gray which didn't get touched.  But all the dark is gone

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

JoanneW

I'm about 50/50 white hair / colored (all sorts of colors too) on my face. Hard to tell if there are now more white, but as the darker ones subside I suspect the white / grey are becoming more prominent.
  •  

LizK

I had numerous laser sessions and a heap more electrolysis and we have just reached the point where its only "fluff" remaining, some definitely longer than others but unless I have the magnifying mirror up close I just won't see them. We are now clearing up the last of these longer ones and a few darker ones on my top lip, so not much to go.

About my third or 4th laser session I thought I had heaps of new hair but after a bit of carful looking what I did have was a lack of dark hairs making the white more visible to me...sounds like your laser is working. 
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

amydane

I had this done about 7 years ago, and had some white hairs uncovered. My beard hair was multiple colors, mostly dark brown with very few red, and very very few white. The white ones were more around my neck. I only have a handful now. I think the hormones mixed with consistent plucking stopped or reduced the growth. I also had very few gray hairs on my head at the time.  I don't think that lazer really messes with the pigment, but I haven't done any research either, just from my lone experience...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

•  

JoanneW

Quote from: Lady Lisandra on October 21, 2017, 10:53:19 AM
Laser hair removal is a semi permament method.

I do love that marketers term "semi permanent". It's about as accurate as "almost unique" in that both "permanent" and "unique" are absolutes. Something is either unique or it is not, in the same way that something is either permanent or it is not.

In other words, if laser hair removal cannot be termed permanent, it must be temporary: just less temporary than shaving, plucking or waxing.
  •  

Jailyn

No you don't need to change the first warning they gave was that the laser will not eliminate any white or blonde hairs that you may have. The laser does not make them white. So you probably had them there all along but, did not notice them. I was told by my laser tech that you will have to go for electrolysis for the ones you don't get control on. So hair removal is not easy.
  •  

HappyMoni

I did laser on my chest pre-coming out. I started getting blond hairs sprouting out. I never had that before laser. This led me to get electrolysis to get rid of them. I ended up not going back for laser as electrolysis worked better on all colors. My theory is that the laser stimulated the growth of these blond hairs. They were not grey by the way, and they were healthy thick hairs.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Roll

Quote from: JoanneW on October 27, 2017, 06:11:15 AM
I do love that marketers term "semi permanent". It's about as accurate as "almost unique" in that both "permanent" and "unique" are absolutes. Something is either unique or it is not, in the same way that something is either permanent or it is not.

In other words, if laser hair removal cannot be termed permanent, it must be temporary: just less temporary than shaving, plucking or waxing.

The term they are supposed to use is "permanent reduction" versus "permanent removal". I think it is something about the FDA language rather than marketing. It's really weird, whatever it is, and mostly nonsense having to do more with "treatment area" rather than effectiveness from what I've read. Since laser covers more than one hair at once but won't remove them all, it's considered reduction of hair in that area. Since electrolysis targets one hair and kills that one hair, it's removal. Even if the end result is the same and there's hair that was there that now won't be ever again.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•