Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Who else here works with animals as a profession?

Started by Sawney1000000, November 08, 2017, 03:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawney1000000

Like the title says. I work as a dog groomer!! I also work at a pet hotel in a petsmart, if that counts.
I'm made of music and beautiful colors!!

I DONT HAVE AN INSIDE VOICE!!!!

•  

Julia1996

I cut hair and some of the people I deal with are animals. Lol.  I wanted to ask you if humans ever ask you to cut their hair? I have had a couple of people actually ask me to do their dog. I said no, I don't know how to groom a dog. They both said " but you cut hair, isnt it pretty much the same thing?"  I told them no it's not at all the same. I found it funny. People are so clueless some times.Lol.  Actually I think grooming a dog would be hard. It's not like they will hold still for you. The guy who did my poodle was amazing. Some of the stuff he did looked awesome and I'm sure it was hard to do.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Sawney1000000

Quote from: Julia1996 on November 08, 2017, 05:21:53 AM
I cut hair and some of the people I deal with are animals. Lol.  I wanted to ask you if humans ever ask you to cut their hair? I have had a couple of people actually ask me to do their dog. I said no, I don't know how to groom a dog. They both said " but you cut hair, isnt it pretty much the same thing?"  I told them no it's not at all the same. I found it funny. People are so clueless some times.Lol.  Actually I think grooming a dog would be hard. It's not like they will hold still for you. The guy who did my poodle was amazing. Some of the stuff he did looked awesome and I'm sure it was hard to do.

Lol they do ask that sometimes actually!! It's definitely way too different, I highly doubt normal hair cutters have to shave their clients butts. meanwhile I'm no good with people hair, don't ask me for a haircut or else you're gonna look like a westie terrier

It is a nightmare sometimes when the dog won't stay still or tries to bite, but if it's a well behaved dog that's used to grooming they stay still for ya~
I'm made of music and beautiful colors!!

I DONT HAVE AN INSIDE VOICE!!!!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Sawney1000000 on November 08, 2017, 06:22:59 AM
Lol they do ask that sometimes actually!! It's definitely way too different, I highly doubt normal hair cutters have to shave their clients butts. meanwhile I'm no good with people hair, don't ask me for a haircut or else you're gonna look like a westie terrier

It is a nightmare sometimes when the dog won't stay still or tries to bite, but if it's a well behaved dog that's used to grooming they stay still for ya~

That's hilarious.  I did have one guy who wanted me to wax his back and shoulders. Ewww!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Kylo

I used to work with animals a great deal.

I did my work experience in school at a veterinarian's surgery. I kept a lot of fish and reptiles as a kid so at university I was involved with the marine zoology department's fish section. Later I worked in a bunch of pet stores as regular staff, and later as a customer advisor when they started to vet customers' suitability for buying exotic pets. I also worked for a while on a farm during the summer in 2003, with horses and sheep.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Cenna

Quote from: Viktor on November 27, 2017, 07:51:02 PM
I used to work with animals a great deal.

I did my work experience in school at a veterinarian's surgery. I kept a lot of fish and reptiles as a kid so at university I was involved with the marine zoology department's fish section. Later I worked in a bunch of pet stores as regular staff, and later as a customer advisor when they started to vet customers' suitability for buying exotic pets. I also worked for a while on a farm during the summer in 2003, with horses and sheep.

We're the horses the children of the sheep and some cows?
(Some one will get that reference)
  •  

Briah

•  

RabbitSpectre

Yes, I've volunteered at several shelters, and worked primarily with abused and neglected animals.  It's extremely rewarding.

It's also how I ended up with my best friend. =^_^=

It's probably a good place to say that I am very pro animal-liberation. Therfore, I am very much against animals being used for any kind of testing, (humans should be brave enough to test their own solutions to things, and if they are not that confident, they shouldn't be at the testing phase to begin with) or being used for clothing and meat. (Except in the case of truly off-the-grid subsistence hunters)
  •  

Jin

Half the guys, and a few of the gals, in my office are animals!
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

Donica

I some times have to work with the two-legged animals. Most of them are pigs. Does that count?
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •