Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

Faith, thank you for providing me with today's tears of happiness.  Lovely stories!  You and your wife deserve each other.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Angela49

I also remember my first leg shave and how wonderful it was BUT the first pedicure is soooo much better!
Definitely put that on your short list
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Angela49 on November 28, 2017, 11:01:41 AM
I also remember my first leg shave and how wonderful it was BUT the first pedicure is soooo much better!

I LOVED my first pedicure... need to get me another sometime. I just wish the bottoms of my feet weren't so ticklish, I really don't want to accidentally kick anyone in the face.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on November 28, 2017, 08:25:22 AM
Cool story, Ms. Faith! And don't ever think you're undeserving. Don't forget that it's a two way street, and she picked you, too. You got the spouse you deserve. Any who stick with us have earned all our love and respect, but we don't have to devalue ourselves to do that. Steph

Thanks for that, it's so true. I wasn't being literal though, this time :). I do tend to be self-degradative.

Quote from: Angela49 on November 28, 2017, 11:01:41 AM

oh it is. We have a future spa day planned together. As much pampering treatment as we can afford. We're saving the pennies.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Faith

Quote from: KathyLauren on November 28, 2017, 10:46:29 AM
Faith, thank you for providing me with today's tears of happiness.  Lovely stories!  You and your wife deserve each other.
After the help I've received here, directly and indirectly, I'm glad I could give a little back.

•  

Devlyn

Big hug! You two are doing it right.

I read your posts in the SO section, you're giving fantastic advice there. No worries on giving back to the community, you're doing it in spades.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Laurie

Hi Faith,

Just read your recent updates and like everyone else it touched my heart to read how both of you are working together to work this out. (((HUG))) for both of you.

Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Rachel

Faith, I love that name.

You are so lucky to have an accepting and encouraging wife. Never let her go and get her flowers just because. I am so happy for you that you have a special someone that loves you for who you are.

You look so young and you are not on HRT yet, just wait. One thing hrt did along with acceptance and the feeling of being more and more congruent with every step I took was I wanted to take more steps. HRT is a slippery slope.

HRT, I walk in a park in the weekends. The first time I walked passed the dam (about 2 foot high but 200 foot long). I heard something familiar. As I kept walking the noise became louder and something I could not quite put my finger on. Then as I was parallel with the dam the noise was exactly what I heard all my life from puberty till age 50. It was a continuous drone of water. That was what I had in my head until I took HRT. It took me 6 months to get use to the silence.

Can you share your diet and exercise?   
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Rachel on November 28, 2017, 07:03:44 PM
Faith, I love that name.

You are so lucky to have an accepting and encouraging wife. Never let her go and get her flowers just because. I am so happy for you that you have a special someone that loves you for who you are.

You look so young and you are not on HRT yet, just wait. One thing hrt did along with acceptance and the feeling of being more and more congruent with every step I took was I wanted to take more steps. HRT is a slippery slope.

HRT, I walk in a park in the weekends. The first time I walked passed the dam (about 2 foot high but 200 foot long). I heard something familiar. As I kept walking the noise became louder and something I could not quite put my finger on. Then as I was parallel with the dam the noise was exactly what I heard all my life from puberty till age 50. It was a continuous drone of water. That was what I had in my head until I took HRT. It took me 6 months to get use to the silence.

Can you share your diet and exercise?

young? don't let that avatar fool you .. I'm 57 :) That avatar is a past dream, I'll never look like that no matter when magic I use.

Diet? nothing special. here's the typical daily:
Morning:
- One cup of real coffee, minimal sugar/creamer
- Metamucil wafers .. well, because ;D
- One banana (I hate bananas, it's for the potassium)
Mid-morning:
- One large glass of Soy Milk (light vanilla) with chocolate soy powder mixed in (because I like chocolate)
- Once cup of Hot Spearmint tea, if I'm cold (can't drink too much due to kidney function)
Lunch:
- One large salad, mixture of lettuce, cabbage, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, ground flax seed. Newman's own dressing (Olive oil and Vinegar, I remove some of the olive oil before shaking - there's too much for me)
Dinner
- one of these as a small portion meal depending on craving; typically with green beans & potato variation:
-- veggie burger, fried in Olive oil (from the salad dressing :) ) I don't have the brand, they're pretty good though.
-- chicken, not fried
-- turkey, I prefer chicken
-- absolutely NO red meats or pork ... and I hate fish. I do NOT snack on chips and crap any more. 5-6 blue tortilla chips does well to settle the chip craving - and they go well with the veggie-burger. Seasoned air-popped popcorn is good for a switch-up - no butter stuff!!
-- sometimes just another salad. No need to eat other crap if you don't feel like it.
I pick brands based on lowest sodium; lowest calorie; lowest phosphor-based (kidneys). If the flavor sucks, I try another brand. You have to like the taste or you won't stick with it.
Evenings:
NOPE, I don't eat in the evenings. I'll make up a late dinner sometimes because you shouldn't starve yourself.

Exercise (simple, I walk a lot):
Weekday:
-I try to get 5000+ steps in at work (I sit a lot so I need it). Typically, I hit near 4000
- Another 5000+ after I get home. It generally takes about 45 minutes to get 5000+ steps.
Weekends:
- similar, except I try to get a bit more in. Average is 1 hour in the morning and one hour in the evening to get slightly more steps in than the weekdays.
None of that power-walk silliness. I walk slow or fast depending on my mood. I don't jog, it's hard on the knees. I don't run, hard on knees and ankles.

Daily stretches. Low impact.
- Leg lifts, two variations, one for abdomen, one for hips.
- side planks (harder than you think)
- butterfly stretch (couple variations, yoga stuff)
- split stretches. Nope, I can't do full splits, never will. I do it to limber up. It's helping.
After the stretches you should be breathing slightly heavy. You may or may not break a sweat.

That's it. Not much to it. The big key .. burn more calories than you take in. That is true for most weight-loss diets.
I do not feel starved, I don't feel weak or wobbly. If you feel wobbly, EAT. It's not good for you.

If you happen to feel like snacking, try cauliflower or broccoli. If that settles it, then you're not really hungry, you're just boredom snacking .. stop it!  ;D

•  

Rachel

Awesome, thank you for sharing your diet.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Rachel on November 29, 2017, 08:10:13 PM
Awesome, thank you for sharing your diet.

no problem. I glossed some specifics. Feel free to ask for more if you need it.

Oh, and thank you for the compliment on the name. It really is settling in on me. One, for being named here on the forum and two, for having a real connection with my wife. It was meant to be  :)

•  

Faith

Well, I just got home from an evening out with my wife, one daughter, grandson, and one granddaughter.

I did not wear make-up. I was in a very feminine blouse, shoulder purse, nice felt slacks, and black open-toed flats with my pick toenails out for all the world to see.

I was happy, no obvious stares or comments, very comfortable all around .. until my feet got tired, then I got grumpy  ;D

all in all, a very good evening. I meant to get a photo with the wife to share, I forgot .. sorry

•  

Laurie

I am sure just being able to be out with them was a joy.

Tired feet can make anyone unhappy. But I haven't given you permission to use one of my nicknames.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Faith

Quote from: Laurie on December 02, 2017, 08:57:40 PM
  I am sure just being able to be out with them was a joy.

Tired feet can make anyone unhappy. But I haven't given you permission to use one of my nicknames.

Hugs,
   Laurie

which one? Grumpy? how about; Grumpie, Grumpette, Grumps, Grumpsie ... hmm. It's not easy finding variations :)

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Faith on December 03, 2017, 07:37:32 AM
which one? Grumpy? how about; Grumpie, Grumpette, Grumps, Grumpsie ... hmm. It's not easy finding variations :)

Grumpster, Grumparoonie, Grump-O, The Grumpinator...

Which is all reminding me of that silly character from 90s SNL...
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Laurie

Yes Faith, Grumpy is me. Meanrotten old broad is also me ( it used to be "old fart" but I had to change it) and therefore reserved also.

•  

Faith

Progress? ... No Progress :(

I'm seriously feeling down today. Everything takes time and my impatience is kicking in.

Weight loss is slow, steady but slow, now. These next 20lbs or so are going to take for-eh-ver.
Shrinkage, just my butt. Tucking got me less dysphoric about size, unfortunately now when it creeps out, I creep out. Flat doesn't happen, I'm stuck with a puffy lump, not to mention I can feel it there .. arrgghh.

I hate my looks, I can barely look in the mirror right now. My wife tries to support with compliments. Which would be fine since, yes ignoring modesty, I am a good looking GUY. I would be happy with androgynous at this point and even that is unlikely.

I'm at work, can barely work, all I want to do is go home and crawl into bed.

Yes, I know others have it much worse than I do, I have the utmost respect for those of you who have persevered through greater hardships. I've read the stories and count my blessings. Today is not one of those days.

I'm ready to hit delete on this post, I am hitting post instead. I told myself when I signed up that when I feel something one way or another post it and get it out, don't hold it in. So, here you go .. an emotional (for me) dump post.

•  

Jayne01

Hey there Faith! I'm sorry you are having a down day. Just remember it's only temporary and the feelings will pass. Dump as much as you need to. We are listening and here to support you.

As far as your looks are concerned, I have only seen your profile picture. Seeing that photo I would never consider you male. You look female to me and soooooooo much younger than what your age is shown as in your profile.

I can relate to the impatience. Hang in there, before you know it you will be looking back wondering how the time passed so quickly.

I agree with not deleting your post. This is your thread and it is how you are feeling now. It's a valid post. Keep dumping, we are here for you.

(PS: I just got home from a nightshift and can barely keep my eyes open, so I will be here for you after I wake up and become more conscious.

Jayne
  •  

Laurie

Hi Faith,

Some days are hard and some are harder. But there are good days and good hours and sometimes there are only good minutes. The hard days can seem overwhelming. Believe me I, and everyone here, know it can be hard as hell. Some days we can only hang on and see what the morrow will bring. We persevere and hang on for that next "good time". It's all we can do. Try to keep from sinking too low and look up searching for that next uplifting moment that will once again brighten our spirits. It will come, you know it is coming. Lift your eyes and look for it. It's out there. Borrow it from others, share their joy, they won't mind they are happy to share. And when you are in that better place you can share your joy with someone else. Have Faith in it.

•  

steph2.0

Yeah, after taking all the time to type something out, don't ever just delete it. It's your thread, and your right to dump, and we want to help anyway.

So sorry you're feeling blue, but as Jayne says, it's a temporary thing - but you know that. Do your usual good job at work, and keep on keepin' on.

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •