Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Faith! You look GREAT, sister! So cool that you got yourself out there for us! Now I'll recognize you when we meet up! I'm using too many exclamation points!! I don't care! I'm too excited for you!

Whew. Seriously, you look fantastic. Congratulations, my friend. It's another great step forward.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jayne01

Hey Faith....wow!!! You look really good!! Amazing! Is that your real hair? I'm jealous! If I painted my hair in multiple colours, I would look like Crusty the clown...seriously!!! Now I'm using too many exclamation points! Blame Steph!! [emoji12]

That's another big step forward for you.

Jayne
  •  

bobbisue

Faith you look great I need lots of makeup to look that good and I am full time since Dec 9th passed once and gave up being self conscious and remember your true beauty is on the inside

bobbisue :)
[ gotta be me everyone else is taken ]
started HRT june 16 2017              
Out to all my family Oct 21 2017 no rejections
Fulltime Dec 9 2017 ahead of schedule
First pass Dec 11 2017
  •  

Faith

Cali (Kali, make up your mind ;D ), I was 30+ lbs heavier just 2 months ago .. it can be done.

Steph and Jayne, stay thyne exuberance. I know there's lots of work to be done before I'm presentable. Like I said, I'm told I'm a good looking guy. I suppose, but that's not what I'm looking for. I just hope for some progress over the next year or so. These are my before pics. (taken tonight, btw, so they are fresh off the press).

Yes Jayne, that is my natural hair, hair color, and style. If I wash my hair, comb it down straight, let it dry, that's what it looks like all on it's own. It is slightly flatter than normal in those pictures, must be the little bit of conditioner that I used last night.

Bobbisue (really, no space? ;) ) I will confess to a little bit of eyeliner and mascara on there. I hadn't cleaned up yet from work. nothing on the face or lips though.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Laurie

Hey Faith,

Thank you for coming out of the closet for us.  You do not look old and wrinkled. you don't look bad at all and when you have been on HRT for awhile those lines from your nose to the corner of your mouth should fill in some and soften, mine did. I can tell some of the differences in the contour of my cheeks too. Wish I had your hair. sigh
  I have also been using ROC 5 in 1 night cream and their 5 in 1 face moisturizer too, it might be helping also.

If there is hope for me there's hope for you sister.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Sarah_P

You look good Faith!! My only criticism - you're going to need a bigger purse.  ;D Seriously, I had a small one at first and had to upgrade quickly.
That last pic you have a 'looking off into the future' look. I like it! You know there's better things coming, and you're ready for them.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Cassi

Gee Faith,

Do I really have to make up my mind?  I thought that was one of the perks of Womenhood in not having to do such.

So many thoughts, so little time.  I can wait to go to bed and wake up for tomorrow to be here.

Hugs
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Faith

Thanks everyone, I do think you're being too kind. I still stand like a guy, I didn't realize it until I looked at the pictures :(

Cali, if people aren't sure what to call you, they make something up. Watch out for Steph. They only thing she doesn't do is make short jokes.

Sarah, bigger purse? I don't think so. If I want to carry luggage I'll save my money for a proper vacation trip. 'Looking to the future' Well, yeah, kind of. I was looking at my grand-daughter who was sticking her tongue out at me (she's 12). The future is in whose hands? scary.

Laurie, the wrinkles are there, distance is kind ;D and coming out? I had to let everyone here have some idea of whom they were talking with. I did state that I'd post a pic when I found something suitable. These are about as good as it gets right now. Nothing for a profile picture yet though. Maybe tonight if I don't get seriously uglified. I did promise Natalie a proper profile picture.

•  

Laurie

Faith,

Seriously try some good night cream and facial moisturizer with Retinal in it and give hrt some time to do it's thing (several months). You will see a difference.

I hadn't even noticed the stance but you are right , women tend to stand with feet closer together with their weight mainly on one foot making a hip stick out a little more. They also tend to carry things close to the body and cradled in an arnm.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Faith

elbows in, butt and hips out, shoulder back, neck straight ... I'm a pretzel  ;D
I'm reminded of a Jerry Lewis movie ......

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Faith on January 03, 2018, 10:27:24 AM
elbows in, butt and hips out, shoulder back, neck straight ...
Or as the drill instructor summed it up for the female platoon when I was on Basic, "Stick yer t*ts out!"

Faith, you look great!  Thank you for sharing your photos.  You have lots of potential there for HRT to work its magic.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

Thanks Kathy. I really appreciate your (inclusive to others) comments.  I may miss a thank you here and there, hopefully everyone knows.

I really felt this forum should be the first place that I infected, erm, posted in my new styles. You can expect more as I try things unless I delete them due to, um, poor lighting .. yeah, poor lighting.

I wonder though, I was typing something in here and .. bling .. email alert. Something is going on. I can read and read with no new activity .. until I start typing. oddest thing.

I had a happy sad moment. Picking up our dog from the vet (infected cyst removal, she's fine) .. anyway, the gal there kept calling me 'My Dear'. Felt Good. I ruined it by asking her about it .. she calls everyone 'My Dear'. Oh well, that'll teach me :P

•  

Jayne01

My Dear Faith, take it whichever way makes you feel better.
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Faith on January 03, 2018, 03:38:56 PMshe calls everyone 'My Dear'. Oh well, that'll teach me :P
There's worst things you could be called.  I'd take it with a smile.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Laurie

Yes my Dear. Do as Kathy says "Take it with a smile"  errrr Kathy are you sure that's how you wanted to phrase that?  :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: I guess it is okay coming from you Kathy.
  But you be careful, Faith, if someone named Bubba says it to you.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Faith

Quote from: Laurie on January 03, 2018, 05:46:32 PM
  Yes my Dear. Do as Kathy says "Take it with a smile"  errrr Kathy are you sure that's how you wanted to phrase that?  :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: I guess it is okay coming from you Kathy.
  But you be careful, Faith, if someone named Bubba says it to you.

Hugs,
   Laurie

I'm not worried, If someone named Bubba calls me that, my Wife will teach him manners ;D

A Quick story my Wife told me.
she was in the car, radio on, and the host asked a question, "Can you name something that your husband does that is more girly than you?"  She said, she was like .. OO I want to answer that ... EVERYTHING!  ;D

•  

Devlyn

You may not be trying to pass, but youre going to have a beautiful relationship with it!   :-*

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on January 03, 2018, 06:24:25 PM
You may not be trying to pass, but youre going to have a beautiful relationship with it!   :-*

Hugs, Devlyn

I'm so comfortable right now I don't know what to do with myself. Even my gloomy'ish days are better than I've known in a long while.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on January 03, 2018, 06:31:28 PM
I'm so comfortable right now I don't know what to do with myself. Even my gloomy'ish days are better than I've known in a long while.

A sure sign that you're on the right path.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on January 03, 2018, 06:17:33 PM
I'm not worried, If someone named Bubba calls me that, my Wife will teach him manners ;D

A Quick story my Wife told me.
she was in the car, radio on, and the host asked a question, "Can you name something that your husband does that is more girly than you?"  She said, she was like .. OO I want to answer that ... EVERYTHING!  ;D
Your wife is so awesome!
  •