Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah_P

And the award for most derailed (yet highly entertaining) topic.....   :icon_tenisclap:

You're all really one-uping Ellie's thread for silliness. She's really going to have to up her game. ;)
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Faith

Who left this mess?  I go away for the evening and you guys can't even clean up after yourselves? Legos and bits of erector sets (did someone try to dismember them?), and lincoln logs everywhere. umm, you shouldn't build things like that and leave it lying around, kids might see it. I'll bet Steph did it right after going pee. You should have left her on the fridge.

Previous evening update.  Felt like crap, My shoulder is really messed up, I couldn't enjoy my music night. We left early.

Therapy went well, I think, I was stuck outside on the bench. My wife, who wasn't sure she wanted to go alone, sucked up the whole hour chatting. Ah well, I assume it all went Ok since she was still in a good mood when she came out. We talked about it a little bit. The therapist was totally surprised at the fact the my wife and I actually talk, about everything. She'd bring something up and, yup, we've already talked about it. HAH so there Ms Therapist, we do communicate. We took the long road but we're getting there and things are looking better all the time.

The therapist made the comment (not to me, I wasn't in there) that we're really good friends. Well, yes ... After this many years of marriage you're either divorced, getting divorced, living together separately and miserable, or you're best friends. I much prefer the best friends.

That's all for now, time for more coffee and maybe I'll think of something to add.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Faith on January 10, 2018, 06:40:02 AM
Who left this mess?  I go away for the evening and you guys can't even clean up after yourselves? Legos and bits of erector sets (did someone try to dismember them?), and lincoln logs everywhere. umm, you shouldn't build things like that and leave it lying around, kids might see it. I'll bet Steph did it right after going pee. You should have left her on the fridge.

Previous evening update.  Felt like crap, My shoulder is really messed up, I couldn't enjoy my music night. We left early.

Therapy went well, I think, I was stuck outside on the bench. My wife, who wasn't sure she wanted to go alone, sucked up the whole hour chatting. Ah well, I assume it all went Ok since she was still in a good mood when she came out. We talked about it a little bit. The therapist was totally surprised at the fact the my wife and I actually talk, about everything. She'd bring something up and, yup, we've already talked about it. HAH so there Ms Therapist, we do communicate. We took the long road but we're getting there and things are looking better all the time.

The therapist made the comment (not to me, I wasn't in there) that we're really good friends. Well, yes ... After this many years of marriage you're either divorced, getting divorced, living together separately and miserable, or you're best friends. I much prefer the best friends.

That's all for now, time for more coffee and maybe I'll think of something to add.

I told them Momma Faith!!!!  But Steph and Laurie kept tossing zingers at each other.  I was the only good girl :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Faith

I interrupt this topic for an important update.

Talking with a friend of mine here at work, took the plunge. This is the same person I mentioned earlier that was brave enough to ask about makeup. I just outright told him, transgender is what I'm dealing with.

No disbelief or oddness, he just started asking questions. Curious informational questions, nothing derogatory.

one more down .......

•  

Katie Ellen

Sounds like a good friend. Good for you!

Katie Ellen
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on January 10, 2018, 10:48:46 AM

Talking with a friend of mine here at work, took the plunge. This is the same person I mentioned earlier that was brave enough to ask about makeup. I just outright told him, transgender is what I'm dealing with.

No disbelief or oddness, he just started asking questions. Curious informational questions, nothing derogatory.

one more down .......

Good going Faith! Gets a little easier every time, doesn't it?

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 10, 2018, 11:24:43 AM
Good going Faith! Gets a little easier every time, doesn't it?

Stephanie

slightly easier :P. I do get more comfortable and relaxed afterwards, each time, like a little more weight is lifted.

Management pretty much knows, I have not directly spoken with them, just HR. No issues. Not even dress code. Dress code here is pretty androgynous in any case. There is a 'collar'd-shirts' only line, HR states that it primarily means no t-shirts. Why doesn't it just say 'no t-shirts' :P

In any case, the door is open to wear whatever is comfortable .. barring indecent like butt-cheek-showing mini-skirts. I was like, WHA!!?? Now I need to return them all .. bwahahahahhheeheeheehee. Seriously, I would never. I do like my short-shorts+tights/leggings though. Guess I save them for home.

seriously, are some people so inappropriate-aware that they'd wear stuff like that in a professional environment? Nevermind, I know the answer to that one.

•  

Laurie

Sorry Faith,

Stephanie was looking so distressed and pathetically begging me to take her down so she could go pee that I took pity on her plight. The real clincher though was the menacing glare I was getting from Sue. I knew then beyond a shadow of doubt that I should take her down. Then the ingrate complains about not being able to reach the wine and chocolates.

Hey don't blame me for the mess. The only thing I left lying around was Stephanie.

I'm glad your wife had her turn at therapy and it is great that you two do communicate and are best friends. These things will only serve to make you two even closer friends. It's wonderful to hear you two have such a good relationship. (((Hugs))) for you both.
  As for the guy at work, that was one development we could all see coming. I don't think it surprised anyone except maybe you. Plus it has the added benefit of spreading the word to those less brave than he was that have been really wondering what has been up lately with Faith but were too timid to ask. Now how's that for a term for that bunch of "macho" men, timid?
  Glad things are going good for you Faith.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Faith

Quote...Stephanie was looking so distressed and pathetically begging me to take her down so she could go pee that I took pity on her plight ...
It's a lie, She developed that expression to get her own way!!

QuoteThe real clincher thought was the menacing glare I was getting from Sue. I knew then beyond a shadow of doubt that I should take her down.
I can accept that, although I've never met her. Anyone that puts up with Steph and keeps her inline has to have a stiff backbone.

QuoteHey don't blame for the mess. The only thing I left lying around was Stephanie.
I know who to blame .....

QuoteI'm glad your wife had her turn at therapy and it is great that you two do communicate and are best friends. These things will only serve to make you two even closer friends. It's wonderful to hear you two have such a good relationship. (((Hugs))) for you both.

blessed, it's a real thing.

QuoteAs for the guy at work, that was one development we could all see coming. I don't think it surprised anyone except maybe you. Plus it has the added benefit of spreading the word to those less brave the he was that have been really wondering what has been up lately with Faith but were too timid to ask. Now how's that for a term for that bunch of "macho" men, timid?

Yeah, I think the eye make-up and fingernail polish made things a little obvious ;D I did get another guy talking that was, not scared, just waiting to see about things. He had a GF that after a few years admitted to being FTM. They amicably broke up. He had the presence to ask about name and pronouns that I might prefer.

QuoteGlad things are going goo for you Faith.

Me too, I like goo sometimes.

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on January 10, 2018, 10:48:46 AM

one more down .......
Well done Faith. Glad it went well and that he wanted to ask questions to learn more. That's a little more weight lifted off your shoulders.

Being best friends with your wife is indescribably awesome! I too am lucky enough to be in that position.

Jayne
  •  

Faith

cue a new update.

Last night my Wife and I were coming out of the store, I was loaded with bags not paying much attention (retail therapy). A man and his son (2-3?) were out there. The son comes running up and I hear the man yell, "Yes, she does look like Mommy, doesn't she" I didn't pay it any mind until my wife told me, "You know, he was referring to you, don't you?" hmm ... nope :P

Last night we were talking about 'stuff' and she told me point blank (aside from obvious male facial features) that I definitely look like a woman, more so from the back (face, you know, she didn't say that but I know). She said she had a light-bulb moment the night before while giving me a rub down (muscle rub, you dirty-minded people!)

Oh, and what triggered that conversation?  I was wearing a dress! Yes, I'm the one that stated I don't care much about dresses. We did pick up two at our favorite clothing store (Goodwill :P ). One long black evening and one long red patterned casual day dress. I was in the second one. It was very comfy.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on January 11, 2018, 09:33:19 AM
cue a new update.

Last night my Wife and I were coming out of the store, I was loaded with bags not paying much attention (retail therapy). A man and his son (2-3?) were out there. The son comes running up and I hear the man yell, "Yes, she does look like Mommy, doesn't she" I didn't pay it any mind until my wife told me, "You know, he was referring to you, don't you?" hmm ... nope :P

Last night we were talking about 'stuff' and she told me point blank (aside from obvious male facial features) that I definitely look like a woman, more so from the back (face, you know, she didn't say that but I know). She said she had a light-bulb moment the night before while giving me a rub down (muscle rub, you dirty-minded people!)

Oh, and what triggered that conversation?  I was wearing a dress! Yes, I'm the one that stated I don't care much about dresses. We did pick up two at our favorite clothing store (Goodwill :P ). One long black evening and one long red patterned casual day dress. I was in the second one. It was very comfy.

Yeah, Faith! Awesome on all counts!

And avatar, beautiful! Nice smile, girl. You do look like mommy!

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jayne01

Awesome, Faith! Your new avatar is beautiful. I love your smile.

What's up with the "PRE HRT" note and date at the bottom of the photo? Are you also about to start HRT and keeping it secret, or are you establishing a timeline? I am very happy for you.

Jayne
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 11, 2018, 11:17:23 AM
Awesome, Faith! Your new avatar is beautiful. I love your smile.

What's up with the "PRE HRT" note and date at the bottom of the photo? Are you also about to start HRT and keeping it secret, or are you establishing a timeline? I am very happy for you.

Jayne
beautiful?  Come on now, honesty first. I am not one to accept false flattery.

I plan on pushing hard for HRT on the next Dr visit .. countdown to the 15th .... It was my primary focus with my first visit in December. Thus the batch of tests to get a baseline.  Did you not read my thread? Really, you need to sleep less and concentrate more on me  ;D

•  

Katie Ellen

Way to go Faith! Awesome avatar! You look great.
Katie Ellen
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on January 11, 2018, 11:26:48 AM
beautiful?  Come on now, honesty first. I am not one to accept false flattery.
Yes, beautiful! Will a fashion label sign you up as a model, probably not. It all depends on your definition of the word. What I see in your photo is a person who is finding an inner peace and happiness and able to display a smile that is coming from good place inside. That to me is beautiful.

I plan on pushing hard for HRT on the next Dr visit .. countdown to the 15th .... It was my primary focus with my first visit in December. Thus the batch of tests to get a baseline.  Did you not read my thread? Really, you need to sleep less and concentrate more on me  ;D
Aaahhh yes, I apologise. I forgot I read that. Take some pity on me, it was 3:30am as I was getting myself ready for work. My brain hadn't yet fully booted up. I shall concentrate more in the future. [emoji41]

We will both be seeing the dr on the 15th. I hope you get your prescription.

Jayne
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 11, 2018, 12:28:09 PM... We will both be seeing the dr on the 15th ...

Ok, I forgive you .. but not the fact that your 15th comes earlier than mine .....

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on January 11, 2018, 12:51:29 PM
Ok, I forgive you .. but not the fact that your 15th comes earlier than mine .....
I can't help that. What can I say, I'm from the future. [emoji41]

I was going to say that I will try and hold off posting about my appointment until after you, but I'm not sure I can do that. I might be too excited to hold back.

Jayne
  •  

Laurie

Okay okay I'll join the rest in saying your post was good to read and worth feeling good about. On all three fronts they were good things. Especially the two encouraging comments from your wife. I also like that you  posted the best smile for your avatar, but still thing you need to do another picture in the second pose with a nice smile like in the posted one but a bit broader /happier smile.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Faith

HEY Y'ALL ... Feeling good today, again.

More positive vibes at work. I made a point of having a one-on-one with upper management. They already knew, of course. The point was to give an open door for any questions or comments and fend of any possible discomfort. Certain people I have listed in my head for one-on-one rather than 'figure it out yourself, ask if you dare'. In any case, no surprises, supportive. No job risk (already knew that).

100% dressed as a woman at work. Have been really, this is less androgynous. No skirts/dresses. I think that can wait until my face feminizes. I know, I know, it's how I feel on the inside that counts. Well, I have to be comfortable as well and I am not comfortable in a dress in public. When I wear one I want to look like a girl in a dress or me in a dress. I don't want to look like 'that dude in a dress'. You know? Besides, my job is better suited to slacks.

Eye makeup came out right this morning. I play a guessing game when I put it on, I really need better lighting. Lips a little redder than I was going for, not bad though. I look forward to the day that I don't see a guy looking back at me. I want to look and just see me, or a woman (or both ;D ). Right now I don't see 'me' .. the makeup helps ease things though .. which is why I use it (besides just because I like it)

Laurie, the odds of getting me facing front to a camera with a nice smile is so low that you're better ahead to go bet on a long-shot horse race. Or dog race, depending on what's in your area. I mentioned this to my Wife and she did state I'm getting better at smiling. So, I guess it shows, just not to a camera.

•