Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

Hey Y'all

I'll work out a Dr scenario. If the endo is too far away or appointment too far into the future, I'll hit up planned Parenthood. Their office is only 20 miles away. See how that goes.

Therapy went ok, slow start but we got rollin'.  I almost laughed at the face she made when I told her about being told that I look beautiful. Not about what was said. She asked me what I was wearing at the time. I just looked down and said "this" I came here straight from work. Girly black top, dress slacks, boots. her mouth about fell open .. 'scribble, scribble'  HAH!

OH. Here's one for you. I was slightly early and the door was locked.  She came out to see who it was (heard the boot stomps). She said, "I looked out the window and wondered who the woman was coming up the sidewalk"  ;D

Any way, Not much to add. other then I still feel bubbly :)
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on January 17, 2018, 06:55:44 PM
OH. Here's one for you. I was slightly early and the door was locked.  She came out to see who it was (heard the boot stomps). She said, "I looked out the window and wondered who the woman was coming up the sidewalk"  ;D

YESSSS!!!

That story was an afterthought? You should have led with that. How awesome!

I know what that feeling's like. I was walking Maggie the other day, and my neighbor drove up behind me. He rolled down the passenger window and said, "I was wondering who that hot chick was walking down the street. Then I realized it was Stephhh-a-nieeee." He says he's imitating robot number 5 from the old movie Short Circuit. I've never seen it, so I'll take his word for it. I'm pretty sure he was joking about not knowing who it was, but that's ok. He's really cool about the whole thing.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jayne01

YES, Lead with that next time!!!!

That is excellent, Faith. I'm still waiting for that day, I'm still John walking down the hallway to my therapist's office. So it gives me great joy to hear this happening to my friends. YAY!!!!

Also, good attitude with your plan to find a dr to prescribe HRT. You will get it, and once you do, hang on for a wild ride!!!!

Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

Awesome!   ;D  Told you so!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 17, 2018, 07:06:24 PM... Stephhh-a-nieeee. He says he's imitating robot number 5 from the old movie Short Circuit. I've never seen it, so I'll take his word for it. - Stephanie

You should watch it. Kind of dated now but still a fun watch.

As for leading with a story? Punch lines always come at the end.

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Faith on January 17, 2018, 07:48:47 PM
You should watch it. Kind of dated now but still a fun watch.

Five's ALIVE!!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on January 17, 2018, 07:48:47 PM
Good point. Saving the best for last. Lead story or not, it's great news!
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 17, 2018, 04:57:29 PM
You have an awesome wife Faith. Do not ever let her go! As far as I'm concerned, our wives get a lifetime pass to call us whatever they choose. I don't care if my wife calls me he, she, boy, girl, whatever......she calls me a turkey a lot [emoji15] I don't mind any of it. She accepts me for who I am and has chosen to stay with me. That has earned her the right to call me anything, anytime and I will always answer with a smile. Your wife sounds very much like mine in that regard. That's awesome!!!

I forgot to add my quote of agreement. I know how lucky that I am. Same as you are. Therapist is still amazed at how much we talk and share and work things out. probably afraid she'll lose out on a lot of sessions, HAH!

•  

Jayne01

Loving the new profile pic, Faith.
  •  

Laurie

I'll agree with Jayne (if she behaves)  I also like the avatar picture and that top... yes I like that top. it goes well in contrast to your hair which looks white rather than the gray in those others. Probably the different lighting. It is a nice gray.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Faith

Thanks Laurie. there's few pictures of myself that I like. I can actually stand to look at that one.

My hair is mostly silvery white. There is some dark coming back. Any other color that shows up is just the camera and the lighting.

I'm half asleep, heading for bed.

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Laurie on January 18, 2018, 07:31:07 PM
I'll agree with Jayne (if she behaves)
What do you mean "if she behaves"???? I always behave! Sometimes I might (mis)behave, but I still behave!!!
Hmph! [emoji36]

Mischievous Jayne [emoji56][emoji56][emoji56]
  •  

Faith

It's another new day.

I had a brief bout last night. My brain jumped into dysphoria mode. Even tough my bits were properly stored my brain invented and amplified feeling in the area. I managed to beat it (Stop right there, I know what you're thinking!!!!!) by snuggle cuddling into my wife and talking for a bit. It meant no corset last night, sometimes cuddling wins out. Well, it always wins out. With my back and neck the way it is, proper cuddling is nigh impossible and usually only for a few minutes.

That's all I've got. It's early yet.

•  

Faith

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 18, 2018, 07:49:07 PM
What do you mean "if she behaves"???? I always behave! Sometimes I might (mis)behave, but I still behave!!!
Hmph! [emoji36]

Mischievous Jayne[emoji56][emoji56][emoji56]

==<<ALARM ALARM>>== EXTREME EXAGGERATION ALERT !! ==<<ALARM ALARM>>==
To alleviate this condition, please backspace and revise. Thank you for you cooperation.

•  

Faith

New Chief for our Department. it was announced a while back. I didn't approach until now. Today he had a quick meeting to make things official and cover a few things, no surprises. I caught him alone after the fact to out myself (again, no surprises). It was simply to make it a one-on-one disclosure.

It turns out that he's had extension training in managerial .. um .. things ;D. Anyway, he'd already taken courses and one was in transgender and related employees.

He didn't bat an eye when I talked to him .. maybe I should have? HAH!! .. ick *shudder*, nope, I like girls :)

•  

Faith

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on January 19, 2018, 08:28:23 PM
to keep things together, a feel good moment:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,206382.msg2077645.html#msg2077645
*link to avoid cross-post*
Nice moment, Faith. You're doing great.

Jayne
  •  

Faith

I think I'll stick to this thread. I seem to mis-speak when I wander elsewhere.

Sad/happy moment last night.

Sad;anxious;scared moment.
My wife came home from work last night. We talked a bit and then she produced a note. "this is something I haven't been able to say out loud when we're together" ACK! Fear choked me, what did it say?

Anxiously I took the note and read it, after asking if I should read it later.

The note (verbatim):
There are many days I see you or don't see you at all
There are days I only see you when I climb into bed to sleep
I know you have always supported me
I know you love me and I am starting to feel appreciated
We had had three special miracles growing inside me and you were my lean-to
There are hard days and sometimes I am exhausted
But, I look at you, it's worth it.
You are beautiful and I love you
Thank You for letting me back in.

You are my "Faith"

HAPPY MOMENT SURPRISE
I teared up and cried. She asked me, "Which Part?" I said, "All of it"
I am crying again just typing this out.

I'm going for a walk now to clear my head.

•  

Susan Baum

There is no doubt, Faith, your wife is awesome. It is wondrous when the one soul we have chosen to spend our lives with accepts and loves us as we really are, warts and all. (My wife's pet term for me was "Toad.")

True love has no boundaries.

Susan
Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on January 20, 2018, 08:11:16 AM
I think I'll stick to this thread. I seem to mis-speak when I wander elsewhere.

Sad/happy moment last night.

Sad;anxious;scared moment.
My wife came home from work last night. We talked a bit and then she produced a note. "this is something I haven't been able to say out loud when we're together" ACK! Fear choked me, what did it say?

Anxiously I took the note and read it, after asking if I should read it later.

The note (verbatim):
HAPPY MOMENT SURPRISE
I teared up and cried. She asked me, "Which Part?" I said, "All of it"
I am crying again just typing this out.

I'm going for a walk now to clear my head.

It's a good thing I haven't done my makeup yet, or it would be ruined.  Your wife represents maximum awesomity.

She is another rockstar hero, and you can tell her that for me.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •