News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on February 03, 2018, 04:12:09 PM
JAYNE!! Still on VayCay? You lazy bum. Get back here and socialize!! **pot/kettle**
Won't be back home until first week of March. Doing lots of walking exploring new places and lots of eating. Haven't got the chocolate yet. We are saving that for Switzerland towards the end of our holiday.

Swiss chocolate is sooooooo good!

Jayne
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jayne01 on February 03, 2018, 04:50:16 PM
Won't be back home until first week of March. Doing lots of walking exploring new places and lots of eating. Haven't got the chocolate yet. We are saving that for Switzerland towards the end of our holiday.

Swiss chocolate is sooooooo good!

Jayne

MARCH! you probably said that at some point. Did you say it in my left ear? Partial deafness in that ear, I can't hear womens voices. It drives my wife crazy .."but I told you ..."  ;D
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on February 03, 2018, 04:57:01 PM
MARCH! you probably said that at some point. Did you say it in my left ear? Partial deafness in that ear, I can't hear womens voices. It drives my wife crazy .."but I told you ..."  ;D
Pay attention girl! I am very important you know! Don't you keep track of my movements in a diary? Sheeesh!!!!
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jayne01 on February 03, 2018, 05:10:02 PM
Pay attention girl! I am very important you know! Don't you keep track of my movements in a diary? Sheeesh!!!!

I'm sure I did, if I could find it. CRS is a very debilitating disease.

So, when will you be back from VayKay?  ;D

•  

Jayne01

Ummmmm? March? Is that what I said?

I have to go to sleep now. It's after midnight and I'm pooped!

MARCH!

Be good now...... go listen to Lori with your good ear, she is a wise lady.

MARCH!!

See ya!

Jayne

MARCH. MARCH. MARCH. MARCH. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jayne01 on February 03, 2018, 05:23:43 PM

MARCH!

MARCH!!

See ya!

Jayne

MAH-ARR-CHA

got it.  go to bed now

•  

Laurie

What's all this about March? Did some one enlist in the army or something. Or did I get it wrong? I May have at that but wait a minute it's not March or even May It's February isn't it? I'm so confused now. Dang you Faith and you too Jayne!

Hugs,
  The other Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Jayne01 on February 03, 2018, 05:23:43 PM

MARCH!

MARCH!!

See ya!

Jayne

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Faith

I had to escape into my 'safe zone'. I don't know what to say, it is totally unbelievable the gall of some people to invade my privacy and personal space for their own agenda.
I'm going to report the Fridge Campaign for rancid and underhanded spam distribution.
Oh, some Law-ree person says I have to be clear about humor from now on .. so ..  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

•  

Faith

update .. not much changed. Still fighting the typical battles. I feel lucky that mine are mild compared to others that share their story.

One battle is really tough .. MAKEUP .. Who designed this stuff? Why can't there just be a single application powder that goes on and sets .. done. Right?

'put this on first' 'do this second' 'blend with this brush' 'cover with this powder' 'spray with this set spray' "CRAP, it's on too thick, wipe some off" "opps, too much, start over"  CLOWN MODE!!???!!??  really? I can't go to work like this, now I'll be late!!! OH, and how about an eye stamp or printer? Center stamp, close eye, pfft, done.

Maybe I should spray myself with pepper spray every morning and call it allergies.

Lipstick, Ok, that isn't so bad .. except that I don't have any lips to speak of (of, not with. I speak just fine, thank you very much). Picking a suitable color, well, that a whole other story. How the heck am I supposed to know? Use this color liner with that color lipstick. Fill thin, fill thick, smear .. Well, I had to wash that cup anyway ... kiss goodbye, sorry honey, I know you don't wear lipstick, how's second-hand for you?

So

how's your day starting out?    ::)

•  

KathyLauren

Oh, the joys of makeup!

I got the store assistant to pick my colours for me.  She did an excellent job.  (I was presenting as male at the time, and it totally didn't faze her at all.)

I have played around with "the works", but I seldom do a full makeup application unless I am getting all gussied up for an evening at the theatre or something.  Usually, I just do lipstick and maybe a bit of mascara.  Lately, I've begun putting a little bit of foundation on my upper lip to mask the laser scars.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jayne01

Hi Faith, sorry, can't help with the makeup. I have no clue. I see those large stores that only sell makeup and get frightened by the size of the store. How can there be so many different type of makeup? I would definitely need someone to guide me and it can't be my wife, she doesn't wear makeup and probably knows less than I do about it.

Anyway, I didn't stop by to talk about makeup, I wanted to wish you good luck with your dr appointment tomorrow. I hope it goes well for you.

Jayne
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jayne01 on February 05, 2018, 11:08:19 AM... I wanted to wish you good luck with your dr appointment tomorrow. I hope it goes well for you. Jayne

Gee thanks, I was trying not to think about it and there you go, throwing it in my face. With friends like you ... nah, only kidding ... I can't wait, but I have to. I have everything crossed that I can without hurting myself.

•  

Faith

Progress Report

Not a totally off day, dressed nice. Felt good, not great. Driving through traffic got my blood pressure up, all good now. I hate traffic.

left work early to pick up Lori and head to Planned Parenthood for my appointment. Home now.

Yep, that about sums it up

.... To Be Continued ...

•  

Sarah_P

You leave us with a cliffhanger?!  ???
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Faith

edit: scroll to the bottom for TL;DR

Feb 6, 2018 Progress Report cont.

Ok, thoughts all collected, words formed, all relaxed and sound(ish) of mind.
Expectations: Problem with insurance, self-pay estimate $250  :o

The Trip

As I left work early full of hope and excitement looking forward to a pleasant road trip with my loving wife I came upon an accident blocking lane of traffic. True to those insidious male hormones still coursing through my system, rather than feeling empathy for those involved I felt the blood rising in my system, frustration and anger building at this huge delay in my plans. How far is traffic backed up? How long will this take? ARRRGH?? Why don't people pay attention and drive right? (all better now, I hope those involved are OK)

I pulled up at my house, late but not too late. We still have time to load up and get to my appointment. Not ready? What do you mean not ready? Oh well, I'm not really ready either. We both dither around doing nonsensical things rather than just leaving (I mean, Lori doesn't need clothes, right? Let's just go :) ).

Check the computer for full directions and time estimates, 57 mins to get there. This is using a round-about route to avoid the previously mentioned accident that by now I am sure had miles of traffic backed up. 'Check the clock' as we pull out. hmm, exactly 75 mins until appointment time. We can do this.

Hit the highway, speed limit 70 .. we do 80. It's ok, people are passing us anyways. I turn off at an earlier off-ramp on purpose, any further on the highway and you hit that section famous for afternoon accidents, best to avoid it.

Travel a reasonable side road to get into town, not so bad, normal delays as expected. Back on a main road ... screeech .. full stop. GREAT stuck here in the wrong lane while someone makes a turn across traffic (no turn lane). Huge traffic holes, nope, don't take those let's just sit here longer. GET OFF THE PHONE AND PAY ATTENTION!!.  OK, moving finally. Can't trust that lane, move to the other one. ARRRGGHH. We avoid this lane because everyone in it slows waaaay down to make turns. WHERE ARE THE TURN LANES?? DOT sucks.

Finally, we get back on our primary route, whew. Moving forward, all good now .... CRAP! I'm in the wrong lane. GET OUT OF THE WAY!! I'M COMING THROUGH!. Made it. Fight with the GPS some more, I didn't mention that the darn thing didn't want to start? No turn-by-turn, deal with it. Use the printed paper. Check the directions, 100 feet to your turn. No road. WHAT? I look for the road name very closely .. nothing.

We go too far, great, let's just U-turn in heavy traffic .. grrr .. I get back near our main road, again, NO NO!! The turn is behind us, AGAIN!. I pull off ready to pound on my GPS .. and .. the button shows up to start. REALLY? NOW you show up. Fine. hit start and take me by the hand .. it leads me to a different road. NOPE, it's the right road, the printed paper has the wrong road name on it GRRRR.

TURN HERE!... what do you mean turn here, I'm past it already!  Stupid GPS. Another U-turn in traffic. I hate traffic.

'You Have Arrived'

About frickin' time. Time on the road: exactly 60 mins. Blood pressure increase: extreme.
Was the drive really that bad, nope, it was just me and poor anger management. I'm OK. My wife, on the other hand, spent most of the trip studying dirt spots on her window. weird.

Planned Parenthood

We enter not knowing what to expect. hmm, looks like any other waiting room. Let's get ready to wait. SIGN-IN. No problem, scribble scribble. We'll call you.  I turn to leave as a lady walks up to the paper, rips off the sticky and directs me through the door. We didn't even get to sit down. cool. OOPS, just me. Lori has to wait.

Basic entry Q/A, until I hear. Preferred name *grin* Faith Nicole, thank you. Preferred pronouns *another grin*, she/her. Thank You. Q/A all done, head back to the waiting room. It's still not appointment time.

sit to talk a few minutes, relax, nope. I hear FAITH NICOLE .. My head swivels, oo, that's me. Nope, just me, Lori has to wait some more.

More detailed Q/A. More background, How long, when, how do you feel. How long have you been presenting as a woman? Amazed look on her face during the multitude of questions. Yep, they are still learning about us. They've only been doing HRT services for 1 year and really want to get things right. No problem, ask me anything. Hand her the printed blood work results. COOL. Head for the room, no more waiting. Lori comes in.

Take vitals, BP, hmm, a little high. I sneak a peek as she heads out. 136/104 SAY WHAT? No way. Dr offices always peak me at 140/90.

Enter the Nurse Practitioner, looks at the BP. WHAT!! That can't be right, stupid machine (paraphrase). I'll do it myself. something over something, I don't remember. Well within normal range anyway, whew.

Information time, we do this, that. It'll do this, that. All things I've researched and read here from other experiences.

Labs are too old, figures, more tests. We can draw the blood and send it in, not a problem. We are only concerned about BP. Based on previous labs you should be just fine. New labs are just to be sure. We'll have the results within a week and send out the prescription that same day. You'll get a phone call to let you know. Make an appointment for 2 weeks after starting for a BP check.

I had to gloss over some of the actual visit. I was all excited and didn't retain any of it. I will say. They were very friendly and professional at the same time. The two women that were in there talked about things relating to me. In all conversion between each other and to me, absolutely ZERO misname or incorrect pronouns used. My mood improved every time I heard it.

Time to check out. All set to do that $250 .. ick .. Ok, That'll be $70. say what? WOOO. That sounds much better. Oh sorry, I know that's high (no it's not), a normal visit is around $40. This one is high (no it's not) because it's the first visit. (I know lab work will be billed direct from Quest, it always is. No idea what that'll be until we get the bill).

We head out, spring in my step. On the drive out we are talking, (Lori and I obviously), she commented on how much my mood improved. She had noticed as things progressed inside. Yep, I confirmed that I was just shy of being giddy.

We stop and shop a bit on the way home, nothing special just the dollar store.

The drive home was much more pleasant. I was on a high all evening that persists today.

tl;dr

Planned Parenthood - good visit, very nice. I recommend it, at least at this location.
Things look good. Extra lab to be done, should have results in less than a week
Prescription will be issued once labs are reviewed (no problems expected)
By this time next week I should be starting initial low doses of HRT

WOOOOOOO

•  

KathyLauren

I am glad it went well, Faith.  Yes, you captured perfectly the mood swings from the stress and relief of this jouirney. 

I wouldn't be too worried about the BP.  Spiro is primarily a blood pressure medication (use an an AA is off-label), so it will take care of that pretty quickly.  I went in with textbook 120/80 BP.  By my second checkup, my doctor was concerned because it was down to 90/65.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on February 07, 2018, 07:41:45 AM
Planned Parenthood - good visit, very nice. I recommend it, at least at this location.
Things look good. Extra lab to be done, should have results in less than a week
Prescription will be issued once labs are reviewed (no problems expected)
By this time next week I should be starting initial low doses of HRT

WOOOOOOO

WOOOOOOO indeed!! I'm so happy for you, Faith Nicole!

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 07, 2018, 08:16:52 AM
WOOOOOOO indeed!! I'm so happy for you, Faith Nicole!

- Stephanie
WTG Lori.... errr I mean Faith

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Faith

Quote from: Laurie on February 07, 2018, 08:42:58 AM
WTG Lori.... errr I mean Faith

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Wha!!??!!  Lori! All she had to do was sit there. This all about me .. ME I TELL YOU!!

No, I know that's not true. The turbulence that I'm putting her through is real and intense. The change to her life is different but no less profound than mine. For me, I see the light in the distance getting bigger as it illuminates the inner me. She sees the light glaring and hiding the me that was and lighting a new me she has to get to know.

Her biggest hurdle is reconciling her religious beliefs with the changes that I am going through. I don't know how to help her.

•