Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

Well, that sucks that PP won't let you move forward.  Is there a problem getting your GP to okay it, or is this a new requirement?

Glad to hear about your successful 'window-shopping' trip.   :D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

Hi Sara, welcome to Susan's and my portion of it.

My blurbs are for here for several reasons. It gets my thoughts out on a more permanent setting (CRS is a very bad disease :P ); it allows me to abuse the online friends that I have here; and in the hope that somehow, someway, it helps someone else.

My topic is not in the area for deep religious talk, I don't think there's a problem with generalizations.

Not knowing your religious community views, I cannot speak on how they would react. Most are still not accepting while putting on a good a face. Pulling you in just to 'fix' you.

Keep in mind a few things:

-The bible has been translated many times ... by man
-Translations of individual words and phrases follow the belief and customs of the times and the person doing the translating
-People interpret the bible today based on current definitions and their own desires and how they were taught .. which came about the same way.

The bible does not always mean what people think it does.

My wife is really coming around to understanding that and has started to reconcile it within herself. I hope you can do the same.

that's it for the religious coverage. I don't feel comfortable getting in to a deep discussion. I do hope it helps a little.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Faith

Quote from: KathyLauren on February 27, 2018, 10:05:09 AM
Well, that sucks that PP won't let you move forward.  Is there a problem getting your GP to okay it, or is this a new requirement?
Glad to hear about your successful 'window-shopping' trip.   :D

I've reached out to my GP. It may require an extra visit. The holdup is my Hydrochlorothiazide prescription, which I am almost out of. All my GP has to do is OK not renewing it, OK the spiro, and monitor my BP adjusting my metoprolol as necessary. Metoprolol is my primary BP med and is currently a lower does than normally prescribed.

window-shopping .. great for moral, bad for the wallet :P

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on February 27, 2018, 10:05:53 AMMy blurbs are for here for several reasons....it allows me to abuse the online friends that I have here

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Seriously, though, don't think because I don't comment on every entry that I'm not reading everything. I've been dealing with others things lately that have reduced the amount of posting I'm doing, but I'm watching you closely, missy. Somebody has to keep you in line!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

SaraDanielle

Quote from: Faith on February 27, 2018, 10:05:53 AM
Hi Sara, welcome to Susan's and my portion of it.

My blurbs are for here for several reasons. It gets my thoughts out on a more permanent setting (CRS is a very bad disease :P ); it allows me to abuse the online friends that I have here; and in the hope that somehow, someway, it helps someone else.

My topic is not in the area for deep religious talk, I don't think there's a problem with generalizations.

Not knowing your religious community views, I cannot speak on how they would react. Most are still not accepting while putting on a good a face. Pulling you in just to 'fix' you.

Keep in mind a few things:

My wife is really coming around to understanding that and has started to reconcile it within herself. I hope you can do the same.

that's it for the religious coverage. I don't feel comfortable getting in to a deep discussion. I do hope it helps a little.

Thanks for the welcome.  No intent to discuss religion here.  Just wanted to  say thanks and let you know it is helping me to see and understand a bit more how other people experience this phenomenon.

•  

Laurie

Hi Faith and you too Lori,

I am here too reading when I can. I think I can see this problem you two have when out window shopping... You go inside... Going inside leads to fondling the merchandise and that leads to cash and/or credit card depletion. There are various solutions to this problem.
  1. Windows are viewable from the outside of the business. Remain outside!
  2. If you are prone to being drawn into the shops (this is the purpose of those window displays) then leave the means to make purchases at home. From what you have told us this would be your credit cards as according to your posts there is no cash available.
  3. If you do happen to have some of said cash on hand, leave it at home with the credit cards.

If you and Lori follow these few simple steps you should be able to enjoy your window shopping trips together without consuming your limited funds. 

Oh one more thing that may help...

Bring a couple  tin cups along. One for each of you, and sit on the sidewalk while drooling over those window displays and hold siad cups out to strangers who walk by. Many cannot resist the opportunity to feel good by dropping loose change or even paper money into the cups. Doing this could concievably increase your stock of funds.

I haope these little suggestions help the two of you out.   ;D ;D ;D

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Faith

My wife, as great as she is, snapped a rear-view picture of me at PP yesterday. She thought it'd make me feel good .. nope. It's just painfully obvious that I'll never be even close to feminine.

what's that? you can't see it .. well, just remember that you can't unsee it ....

https://i.imgur.com/rGSVWd4.jpg

•  

Sarah_P

Sorry to hear about the spiro. I also may not always comment, but I'm reading. I'm always there.... watching.... bwahaHAHAHA!!!  :P
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Laurie

Hmmm That woman's pants need to be taken up a little. Is that what you mean? That's the only problem I see.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Faith

Quote from: Laurie on February 27, 2018, 07:32:40 PM
Hmmm That woman's pants need to be taken up a little. Is that what you mean? That's the only problem I see.

Hugs,
   Laurie

I'm hoping that I end up with a real butt again and then they won't need shortened. When I lost weight, my butt went missing.

•  

Laurie

You probably upset it and it went to find a home where it is appreciated more.

•  

Faith

Not much happening on the home front, just living.

I had to do a site install yesterday (been years since I left my cube). Fisherman's Village in my area of Florida. We're putting in a camera. I was dressed for outdoor roof work, I did do my face and nails. Face for UV .. hey, I'm getting old, got to watch the sun!; nails, well, because my nails are always done. They feel naked today because I stripped them last night for proper oiling, more treatment today to redo tomorrow. hmm, what color? ... but I digress.

Met with the two people doing the install. One has seen me before when we checked out the site (I was skimpy dressed that day, shorts and light top). The other guy I could see the mild 'look and raised eyebrow' at first meet, then all normal.

No odd looks at any time from anyone else. I did notice people looking, nothing overt. Curiosity most likely, I hold no illusion about my appearance. The people I interacted with, they were open and friendly and smiling. Granted, that's how they are supposed to be. It just felt more welcoming then I am used to from years past. Friendly chats, little side comments for chit-chat type of stuff. Even another patron initiated a comment. Not something that typically happens to me. I've always exuded a 'keep your distance' vibe.

yep, that sums it up.

OH, insurance is investigating my denied claims. I doubt it'll make a difference but I had to try.

Next week is new labs at the GP for kidney stuff. That'll cover the BP meds and whether he'll OK Spiro as OK for use. If not, I will start researching to get an Orchi. I want that T gone.

•  

Faith

got my blood drawn for new labs Monday morning. No results yet, it's too soon.

I just recovered from a serious bout of shakes and cold sweats. I have no idea what from. I didn't feel sick but boy was I shaky with sweat dripping off my forehead, soaked my top as well. It lasted just over half an hour.

Got a compliment on my choice of nail color at the coffee pot (I figured caffeine would help the shakes, couldn't hurt :P). A nice violet variation (sorry girls, I don't know all those nuanced colors). A top coat really smoothed it out and made them shine.

nothing more to add, just sitting here dressed nice with an ugly man-face. I should look into veil styles. Solid colors with eye holes. hmm, full face ski mask? ... nah too thick, it'd be hot. I'm not Muslim either so a niqab is out. I guess I'll keep growing my bangs out and comb it straight down

•  

Faith

well, someone was listening in as I thought out and typed my previous post. No sooner did I get up and go for my 'parking lot' walk then one of the other girls was walking to her car ahead of me. Boots, being what they are, gave me away and she turned to see who it was. Seeing it was me she turned completely around and walked back, complimenting me on my looks, and my life change. Not to mention, but I will, envying my hair.

It's nice to not only get an unsolicited compliment from someone but for that person to go a little out of their way to deliver it as well. Plus the fact that it's someone that I don't normally interact with.

I feel better.

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Faith on March 06, 2018, 11:09:18 AM
well, someone was listening in as I thought out and typed my previous post. No sooner did I get up and go for my 'parking lot' walk then one of the other girls was walking to her car ahead of me. Boots, being what they are, gave me away and she turned to see who it was. Seeing it was me she turned completely around and walked back, complimenting me on my looks, and my life change. Not to mention, but I will, envying my hair.

It's nice to not only get an unsolicited compliment from someone but for that person to go a little out of their way to deliver it as well. Plus the fact that it's someone that I don't normally interact with.

I feel better.

You should feel better, that was really cool of her to do that!

I want to paint my nails more often (and I seriously need the practice!), but I never seem to have the time. Even when I do, I have a hard time just sitting there doing nothing while they dry.

As for the shakes & sweats, I don't know. I occasionally sweat profusely at night, but that's mostly the spiro. I get chills now and then. I can shiver uncontrollably on a cold day between a restaurant & the car, what with all that blood going to my stomach (I've been that way long before HRT).
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Northern Star Girl

snipped: 
Quote from: Sarah_P on March 06, 2018, 11:30:39 AM
I want to paint my nails more often (and I seriously need the practice!), but I never seem to have the time. Even when I do, I have a hard time just sitting there doing nothing while they dry.

@ Sarah P:  I think that most of us (and cis women included) may have a difficult time waiting for our freshly painted nails to dry.  I always seem to not wait long enough and then disaster strikes and I smear the nail polish.

My best method is to watch a movie while they are drying and being careful to not brush them against anything while they are drying.   If I am in a hurry I can use my blow dryer on low heat to speed up the drying a little but you really can't rush it too much... they need time to not only dry but also for the polish to get harder. 
Oh, the price of beauty!
Aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Sarah_P on March 06, 2018, 11:30:39 AM
You should feel better, that was really cool of her to do that!

As for the shakes & sweats, I don't know. I occasionally sweat profusely at night, but that's mostly the spiro. I get chills now and then. I can shiver uncontrollably on a cold day between a restaurant & the car, what with all that blood going to my stomach (I've been that way long before HRT).

Very cool.

I practiced with clear, or invisible, different brands, different names. One brand has clear and invisible. Really?
Anyway, practicing with a thin coat of clear not only helps you get steady at it but a thin coat dries fast. 20 mins tops (including application time) and you should be good to go. The clear hides overshoot from casual looking but you can see it well enough to practice only hitting the nails. I slobber very little on my cuticles or over. What little does is easy to clean up after it dries. I clean up with tools used for carving wax (they look like odd shaped dental picks).

BUY GOOD POLISH
polish that goes on thin requiring 3+ coats is your friend. Less slobber, cures faster. Apply one coat at a time, let it dry, do the next coat, then next, then next, until it's the color that you want. You can stop between coats if you need to go do something else. Your first nail should be dry by the time you get the 10th nail done, if not then you put it on too thick.

Nail polish 'cures' not 'dries' and from the base layer out. Don't do those tricks to 'dry' it faster (like cold water), that hardens the top and makes it take longer for the rest to cure. Makes it stay soft and too easy to ding up or mess up. Best to wait it out.

wow, I got carried away on that. Hi Sarah!! Hi Aspiringperson (Do you have a name? :P )

•  

Sarah_P

I always have a clear coat on, at least. I need it for strengthening, if nothing else. It's when I add color that I screw it all up. One of the problems is most of my polishes are a little thick, but I was just reading a trick about running the bottle under hot water to warm it up a bit that might help. I'll try that tonight.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Faith

Quote from: Sarah_P on March 06, 2018, 12:33:35 PM
I always have a clear coat on, at least. I need it for strengthening, if nothing else. It's when I add color that I screw it all up. One of the problems is most of my polishes are a little thick, but I was just reading a trick about running the bottle under hot water to warm it up a bit that might help. I'll try that tonight.

roll the bottle, don't shake, to mix the color

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on March 06, 2018, 10:14:25 AM
I just recovered from a serious bout of shakes and cold sweats. I have no idea what from. I didn't feel sick but boy was I shaky with sweat dripping off my forehead, soaked my top as well. It lasted just over half an hour.

I had two very similar episodes about a month ago, maybe a week apart. Shakes, chills, profuse sweating, nausea. Lasted about 20 minutes. Scared me to death when it happened. Never figured out a cause, and haven't had one since. I figure it must be HRT related somehow, but ??

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •