Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

Laurie, how did you get your reply in before me. I was sure I got in first. Drats, drats and double drats!

Jayne
  •  

steph2.0

Oh... wow. That's so awesome. Lori is just the best...

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

I know she's a 'keeper' .. I didn't even have to cast a line, she jumped into my boat and grabbed ahold.

Either I did something really right and she's my reward
or
I'm really messed up and I was sent someone special to get me through it

I think the latter ...

Laurie, it was awesome to meet you, I wish it could have been for longer. Those 'other' people didn't really need to see you, did they? You can always turn around and come back :)
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Faith on March 17, 2018, 07:23:50 PM

Laurie, it was awesome to meet you, I wish it could have been for longer. Those 'other' people didn't really need to see you, did they? You can always turn around and come back :)

Faith,

I think a few more folk would differ with you about needing to see me. I have stayed longer at each stop this trip so far. Yes, the time did not seem enough but then it was time well spent. To me you just can't replace a face to face meeting. There is just something about being about to see, talk to, and to hug someone you got to know online that cannot be had from any other form of contact. It confirms to ones physical that that person online is real and tangible. It's special.
  Again thank you and Lori for being a part of my reality.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Sarah_P

Those notes are so sweet!!! You're both so lucky to have each other.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Anne Blake

Faith, what an awesome love note! The two of you have come so far so quickly and God seems to be setting the pace. Thank you for sharing such an intimate expression. So, other than crying, how did you respond?

Tia Anne
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Faith on March 17, 2018, 07:23:50 PM
I know she's a 'keeper' .. I didn't even have to cast a line, she jumped into my boat and grabbed ahold.

Either I did something really right and she's my reward
or
I'm really messed up and I was sent someone special to get me through it

I think the latter ...

You did something really right...and maybe a little bit of divine intervention as well.  ;)

Nice to see you moving in the direction you need to go and having such a supportive  person in your life.

Take care

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Faith

wow, so many replies to make.

I've always known Lori was special, way before any of 'this' occurred. I've always wondered how I deserved her. I think the answer is .. I have to keep earning it. Hmm, I think my account is in arrears.

Tia Anne, I had to choke the tears. We had the house guest and my face was made up ... didn't want black runners on my face. I did head straight into the kitchen where she was slaving over breakfast and gave her a super-hug.

Sarah, There are good people everywhere, as you well know. I've been reading your thread ....

Steph and Jayne, well, you two  ... hmm ... I'll need more coffee to come up with some mind-searing attempt at humor to throw atcha. Until then, I just keep reminding myself that you're both in the wings ready to catch the pieces should I explode. "some assembly required" should be my catch phrase.
(!!Jayne, good to see your avatar again!!  Nothing wrong with that one but when do we get a new one? ... no pressure   :-* )

Laurie, nanner nanner .. you left your slaps in the truck and missed your chance :D

Liz, well, I don't now you well enough to say something stupid, which leave out almost everything that I say. I guess I did do something right, I'll try to figure out what it was and do it again.

did I miss any one? It's early.

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on March 18, 2018, 07:10:20 AM
Steph and Jayne, well, you two  ... hmm ... I'll need more coffee to come up with some mind-searing attempt at humor to throw atcha. Until then, I just keep reminding myself that you're both in the wings ready to catch the pieces should I explode. "some assembly required" should be my catch phrase.
Do you come with assembly instructions? Are they anything like ikea furniture instructions? Oh never mind... we will just wing it and make it up as we go.

(!!Jayne, good to see your avatar again!!  Nothing wrong with that one but when do we get a new one? ... no pressure   :-* )
No new avatar until I am able to take a photo as "me".

Jayne
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jayne01 on March 18, 2018, 08:06:57 AM
Do you come with assembly instructions? Are they anything like ikea furniture instructions? Oh never mind... we will just wing it and make it up as we go.
WING IT. the instructions are missing. They were in some strange foreign language translation anyways ... with pictures.

No new avatar until I am able to take a photo as "me".

Ok fine .... done yet? ..... how about now???  no hurry .... tap tap tap tap .....  ::)

Had to do some shopping today. We hit a couple thrift stores, nothing interesting so we just did the household stuff.

Walking down an isle in Home Depot, I side-stepped behind a ladder to get a closer look at something, Lori kept walking. I hear her say, "I lost him". Some guy next to her goes,"Is that him over there" pointing at me and then goes, "That's a she, sorry'  :D

Next stop, Walmart. Lori has to go back to the car for something, I lean against the building in the shade to wait. Some old dude comes walking by and .... he does the side-glance, eyes roving up and down, perusal ...  :o

•  

Faith

Another day, another bout of sniffles. Nope, not tears .. freakin' cold. Laurie, I hope you made it out without dragging it with you. I don't want to hear from your victims hosts that they all got sick when you went through. They can blame that other Lori, she gave it to me in the first place. Maybe it's just severe allergy in which case, no contagion.

I've been lurking in the background thinking to myself, not much to add, kind of stuck in one zone with no changes. I don't feel exuberant so the 'happy' threads don't suit me, I'm not miserable (except the aforementioned cold!) so the 'poor me' threads don't fit me either .. no offence to those posting them, I'm sure I'll take another turn at some point and then it will be 'poor me'.

Yesterday afternoon was another 'feeling down about things' period. No need to expound, you've all felt it. It built up through the day culminating with me crashing on the couch with my head covered for a few hours. No, this isn't a 'poor me' moment. I was hoping that by zoning out thinking about Lori coming home would clear my head ... yep, it worked. Nothing like thinking about a loved one coming home to lift you up.

Speaking of, we went for a late walk and I mentioned the mood I was in, just to get it out. I did promise full disclosure after all. It brought up the mirror I put in the bathroom. OOP, I didn't mention that yet. So, I put a larger mirror in the bathroom. Lori has made a few comments about missing the big mirror we used to have (which I had gotten rid of). Now this person glares at me in my peripheral vision and straight at me when I step out of the shower. Now I have to learn not to look. Lori said I didn't need to put it in but we do live in the same house and it's as much hers as it is mine.

Anyway, back to the walk. It led to bible translation discourse and views. Lori's views about the bible and how it's interpreted has changed so much recently. If nothing else what we are going through opened her eyes more on the disparity in it and how many people mangle it's words.

Enough of that, the point I mean to make is that I no longer feel apprehensive about Lori, her beliefs, and my changes. She's accepting, there for me, ready to tackle the future. We're a couple and staying that way. A couple of what? Well, we'll have to define that over the next months/years. Speaking of the future, the vow renewal 'wedding' is still intended.

We talked about simple things, makeup, jewelry, earrings and pierced ears, tattoos. Not about getting/not getting or using/not using, just about what we think about it now in regards to what we've thought in the past. Wearing a dress in public came up, not around the house and for walks, but 'out'. I'm not ready, not off the table either. While a dress is a right of passage and 'feels right' to some, I don't have that driving need. It doesn't define who I want to be. Again, not meaning to offend anyone, I have no desire to look like 'that guy in a dress' .. it's just how I feel. I've seen plenty of cis-woman that shouldn't wear the dresses that they do. It's more about what's suitable for a body style, I suppose. I know, I know, wear what you like and makes you feel good.

On a friends note. We haven't been going out this past little while. I just didn't feel welcome and didn't want to subject people to me when it's just as easy to stay home (or go shopping :D ). In any case, Lori has gotten messages and phone calls asking where we are, we're missed. etc. etc. Many I should make another foray into the familiar public eye .. we'll see.

I think I've regurgitated enough for one day .. back to lurking.

JAYNE !!!!!!
Thinking of you, hang in there. I need you all pulled together and fem'ed up for my vow-renewal-wedding

•  

Laurie

Hi Faith and Lori,

Those walks and talks are good for you in many ways. Lori has a lot of good thoughts and words to share. Her and I talked of some of those same subjects while you were sawing logs. You are right, her thoughts on how she perceives the bible and religion is evolving. She is coming to terms with the way others practice it and the way she believes it should be. She has had to rethink thinks in light of new data. She decided long ago Faith that you are worth her attention and that has not changed.

Hugs for you both,
  Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jayne01

Hi Faith,

Just letting you know I'm still hear keeping up to date. My phone has decided to stop giving me pop up notifications when new posts are made. I have to manually go looking for them. That's like manual labour! Can you believe that??? Anyway, I hope your feeling better from your non-exuberant, non-miserable day.

A little tip on dresses. What you wear doesn't define who you are. You don't need to wear a dress to be a woman. My wife doesn't even own a dress. I don't really have any desire to wear dresses either. It just isn't what we prefer. That doesn't make either of us any less of a woman. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable.

At the end of your last post you addressed me specifically (or yelled at me....in all caps! [emoji846] ). I am feeling better, thank you. Seeing "JAYNE" written like that, I immediately associated that name with me. "That's me!" I thought. I am not know as Jayne anywhere other than this forum, yet it seemed so....."normal" to be called that. Interesting!

You and Lori have a really great thing going on. You at both meant to be together. It is so clear how much you both love one another.

Jayne
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jayne01 on March 20, 2018, 01:13:45 PM
Hi Faith,

Just letting you know I'm still hear keeping up to date. My phone has decided to stop giving me pop up notifications when new posts are made. I have to manually go looking for them. That's like manual labour! Can you believe that??? Anyway, I hope your feeling better from your non-exuberant, non-miserable day.

A little tip on dresses. What you wear doesn't define who you are. You don't need to wear a dress to be a woman. My wife doesn't even own a dress. I don't really have any desire to wear dresses either. It just isn't what we prefer. That doesn't make either of us any less of a woman. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable.

At the end of your last post you addressed me specifically (or yelled at me....in all caps! [emoji846] ). I am feeling better, thank you. Seeing "JAYNE" written like that, I immediately associated that name with me. "That's me!" I thought. I am not know as Jayne anywhere other than this forum, yet it seemed so....."normal" to be called that. Interesting!

You and Lori have a really great thing going on. You at both meant to be together. It is so clear how much you both love one another.

Jayne

Of Course you're Jayne, who else would you be?   :icon_confused2:  oooo, maybe Phyllis ... go ahead, picture Phyllis Diller :D

Dress, I do have a couple that I like to wear. It's not about 'feeling girlie' or 'like a woman', they're downright comfortable. BUT, I feel the need to look the part if I wear one. At home, like wearing super-comfy slob clothes, it's just that, about comfort. I want to be at the point where if I am lazing around the house in a dress, find out we need something at the store, that I can just hop in the car and go get it without changing first. you know? Whether it happens isn't the point, being comfortable enough to do it is the point.

Lori and I, yeah, I picked well. Too bad she can't say the same  :P

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on March 20, 2018, 01:29:12 PM
Lori and I, yeah, I picked well. Too bad she can't say the same  :P
She picked well too. Don't sell yourself short. Lori knows how lucky she is to have you. Don't forget she picked you too, unless you kidnaped her, in which case we would need to have a serious discussion.

Phyllis
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jayne01 on March 20, 2018, 01:38:00 PM... Don't sell yourself short.
I think you confused me with someone else, a fridge top gnome perhaps :D

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on March 20, 2018, 01:47:23 PM
I think you confused me with someone else, a fridge top gnome perhaps :D
Oh i did think of someone else when I wrote that, but chose not to bring the fridge into it.

Jayne
  •  

Faith

comfortable day, nothing special going on, I just feel like me. Twiddling my thumbs waiting for happy changes to occur that will override ugly ... hopefully

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Faith on March 21, 2018, 01:30:01 PM
comfortable day, nothing special going on, I just feel like me. Twiddling my thumbs waiting for happy changes to occur that will override ugly ... hopefully

Okay Girlfriend!!!!!  Fess up, where did you get the Patience Pills??????????????????????////
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on March 21, 2018, 01:30:01 PM
Now listen here young lady..... stop using that word "ugly". Ain't nobody by that description anywhere around here. Got it!!!!

Don't make me send that lorry driver back there and sit you up on the fridge.

Jayne
  •