Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on April 26, 2018, 07:53:51 AM
I didn't realize. I hope it gets past those moderators that I posted six picks

(for the blind, change the pronunciation .. it's punny)

Well, at least it wasn't one of these:

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on April 26, 2018, 07:58:38 AM
Well, at least it wasn't one of these:

- Stephanie

AARRRGGGHHHH ... can't unsee. shame on you.  :eusa_naughty:
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Faith

:icon_wave: hello

all in all, still going well. Another day and it's FRIDAY!!. I'm just waiting for the workday to end.

Nothing to add for myself. Keeping things quiet since I can't keep my foot out of my mouth whenever it opens to, umm, type something? How does that work? Type comments, insert foot. I should type with my mouth shut.  :icon_silenced:

•  

Faith

time to stick my nose in again, but not to pick it (@Rachel_Christina ... HAH!!!)

Time is moving along with life, or vice-versa, or not at all if you subscribe to the 'everything happened at once' theory.

At work the other day talking to one of the women there. her first comment? "So, your boobs are growing." ACK! .. I guess it's already time for a bit of suppression or masking. Not to hide my boobettes but to insure they don't point the way everywhere I go.

Speaking of pointing, I had my first run-in with the edge of a door, OWWWWWW .. brought tears to my eyes and lasted at least 15 minutes. And that was my right boobette. My left is much more sore and sensitive, I hope to never abuse that one.

I seem to be getting more androgynous, still masculine though. I am getting more and more side glances and questioning looks. Nothing bad, thankfully.

My wife and I were driving somewhere and I don't remember the topic but she looked at me and said, "It's not fair". I was like,"what?". "It's not fair that you can pull off either look" ..... :D

well, that's it. There's loads more that's gone on and things through my head and such but I'll not bore you with the details of my life's trepidations.

•  

davina61

Still wearing breast forms but they don't sit right now and working on my panel van today kept bumping the right one , that's of course the one that's very sore today (it does vary) and wearing my A cup bra tonight with slight padding I reached across to the left and clipped it with my arm , not done the door frame yet but have to be careful getting in and out of cars and on 2 door ones testing rear seat belts . Still its NPNG   
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jayne01

I haven't had any tear inducing door incidents, but it has gotten my attention when something unexpectedly brushes past my boobs. This week I started wearing a crop top sports bra at work for some concealment. I didn't want any awkward questions being asked before I am ready to come out.

Lori seems to be handling your changes well.  She seems like an awesome person.

Thanks for your update.

Jayne
  •  

Laurie

QuoteLori seems to be handling your changes well.  She seems like an awesome person.

Thanks for your update.

Jayne

Lori is an awesome person @Jayne01.  You can take my word for it. For that matter so is Faith.

I've met them Na na na na  :icon_razz: :icon_razz: :icon_wave: :icon_wave:

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Laurie on May 06, 2018, 06:22:24 PM
  Lori is an awesome person @Jayne01.  You can take my word for it. For that matter so is Faith.

I've met them Na na na na  :icon_razz: :icon_razz: :icon_wave: :icon_wave:

Hugs,
  Laurie
I hope to meet them also someday. Maybe I should do my own trip, taking inspiration from you, Laurie. It couldn't be a road trip though, not enough time, and I do live on an island. My car would get wet! [emoji16] I could call it Jayne's World Air Tour and fly around the world meeting all the lovely people here.

Jayne
  •  

Laurie

Much more of this and I may have to split some off so Faith can have her thread back. Hmmmm @Jayne01 's World Air Tour thread... It does have a nice ring to it.

•  

Jayne01

Your are right, time to return this thread back to Faith.

Over to you @Faith

Jayne
  •  

Faith

I don't think I want my thread back, at least someone should make use of it.

All I want to do today is to go home, scrub my face off, crawl into bed, and hope that tomorrow the mirror lies better. Today it showed the stark truth .. welcome to anti-poser day where your deepest lies are on display for all to see.

I'm stuck at work with no way out

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Faith on May 08, 2018, 05:59:22 AM

All I want to do today is to go home, scrub my face off, crawl into bed, and hope that tomorrow the mirror lies better. Today it showed the stark truth .. welcome to anti-poser day where your deepest lies are on display for all to see.

Hi Faith,

I am sure you look fine. You as you know are your own worst critic. blah blah blah... Yes you have heard it all before, but Hun, it is true. You see yourself as you think you are. It is not what everyone else sees. Sometimes we are too hard on ourselves and it messes with our heads. You my dear are one of those that have a problem seeing what we see. It isn't as much the outward appearance (that changes too much). No, it is that inner beauty in you we see that colors what we see. Lighten up on yourself Faith. You are more than what you see in those mirrors. You are beautiful if shy and we can see it even if you cannot. You are okay Faith, and this will pass.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on May 08, 2018, 05:59:22 AM

Sorry you are having a crappy day, Faith. It happens and it sucks. Get through today however you need to do that and when you wake up tomorrow it will be a new day.

Hang in there.

Jayne
  •  

Faith

If/when things get better it'll totally depend on the mirrors. Right now they are the enemy.

Follow-up day at PP. Nothing to report, they just drew blood for the next labs. It'll be a week or so for the results.
Lady sitting across from us in the waiting room kept looking at me surreptitiously. I couldn't tell what she was thinking and I couldn't catch her eye to give her the big 'hello, how are ya' smile. probably wouldn't be a good thing anyway, I have a smile suitable for the terminator.

We stopped at Big Lots to do some browsing and shopping. Salesmen in there asked us 'ladies' if we needed any help. I kept my back turned so as to not ruin the moment. At the check out, a girl behind us complimented my boots. Well yes, they are nice. I did smile at her, it didn't seem to scare her too badly.

While wandering around the store we saw this picture sitting up front and decided that it was a photo op.

**image cropped for content**

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on May 09, 2018, 07:29:21 PM
If/when things get better it'll totally depend on the mirrors. Right now they are the enemy.

Follow-up day at PP. Nothing to report, they just drew blood for the next labs. It'll be a week or so for the results.
Lady sitting across from us in the waiting room kept looking at me surreptitiously. I couldn't tell what she was thinking and I couldn't catch her eye to give her the big 'hello, how are ya' smile. probably wouldn't be a good thing anyway, I have a smile suitable for the terminator.

We stopped at Big Lots to do some browsing and shopping. Salesmen in there asked us 'ladies' if we needed any help. I kept my back turned so as to not ruin the moment. At the check out, a girl behind us complimented my boots. Well yes, they are nice. I did smile at her, it didn't seem to scare her too badly.

While wandering around the store we saw this picture sitting up front and decided that it was a photo op.

**image cropped for content**
Sorry things are dragging out with PP. hopefully they will soon give you the prescription you need. I have my fingers crossed for you.
There is no way to ever know the inner thoughts of a complete stranger just by the look on their face. No sense in letting what they may or may not be thinking affect your mood. Read the writing on the photo frame you took a photo with. Be your own kind of beautiful. It's the best kind anyway.

It's nice to see you frequently get gendered correctly when you are out in public. You have made several posts where a salesperson or waitstaff in a restaurant refer to you and your wife as "ladies".  That's wonderful news.

Keep your updates coming, I enjoy catching up to see how you are going. Thank you for sharing.

Jayne
  •  

Faith

I figured I'd pop in here while my mood is a bit better to make a, if not final close to it, post on a high note.

a good friend that I've known for years, whom I was not out to, recently asked about possibly playing music. We chatted via text and I am meeting where they play next Thursday. I'll go each Thursday if things go OK. They currently don't need me but one person may stop playing soon (which is why I was approached).

I had not outed myself to him before, unsure how he'd take it and not wanting to 'ruin' things if all we did was text. You can't see the changes in a text. I replied to him that I had to send him an email prior to to showing up. I sent him the 'for friends coming out email'

The response was probably one of the best that I've received and all positive. It's good to know that some people like you for yourself.

So, that's it.  :icon_wave:

•  

steph2.0

Great news, Faith! The people who truly like you just want you to be happy. And a lot of people like you!

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Susan Baum

Quote from: Faith on May 11, 2018, 09:18:48 AM
The response was probably one of the best that I've received and all positive. It's good to know that some people like you for yourself.

So, that's it.  :icon_wave:
Great news, Faith. Our real friends like and love us for our hearts and who we are on the inside. Of course the response was positive; what's not to like in a caring and loving and compassionate soul?

I guess I missed it along the way - what do you play? I played vibes and marimba until I lost fine muscle control after wrecking a shoulder 13 years ago.

Susan

Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •  

KathyLauren

That's great, that your friend was good with your news!  It's always good to hear good news. 

And congratulations on being asked to play with some other musicians!  What do you play?
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Laurie

Hi Faith,

I think your friend's response was just as it should be every time you reveal yourself to another. It was a great response. Congrats. Hun. I am assuming they will want you to pay bass guitar?

And what is the "Last Post" nonsense? I know where you live girl...

Hugs,
  Laurie