Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

Quote from: Faith on June 27, 2018, 04:06:53 PM3 months of spironolactone  :icon_joy: 
Yay, congratulations, Faith!  Nice to whack that old T in the nuts (literally).
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jayne01

Yay!!!! Faith, congrats on finally getting the spiro. Make sure to drink lots of fluids and have fun with extra nightly trips to the bathroom! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] I take my pill in the morning, which helps minimise waking up in the middle of the night to pee.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Faith

Quote from: KathyLauren on June 27, 2018, 05:03:23 PM
Yay, congratulations, Faith!  Nice to whack that old T in the nuts (literally).

I don't play whack-a-mole ... but this game I'll play :D

Quote from: Jayne01 on June 27, 2018, 05:12:05 PM
Yay!!!! Faith, congrats on finally getting the spiro. Make sure to drink lots of fluids and have fun with extra nightly trips to the bathroom! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] I take my pill in the morning, which helps minimize waking up in the middle of the night to pee.

Hugs,
Jayne

twice a day instructions, I don't think I can avoid the nightlies. As long as I get out of bed before pee'ing, I'm good.

I keep gallons of water at my desk at work, no problem there. Also, I have low potassium and since Spiro helps retain it .. that's a plus. Maybe I can get off the potassium prescription.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Faith

Not much to follow up with. Sitting at work trying not to think or do anything because .. IT's FRIDAY!!

I avoided checking my hair for a while, last night I checked. there is no question that part of my receding line has filled in on each side. Quite well I might add (I did add :P ) ... WOOT

•  

Jayne01

It's SATURDAY!!!!! Well it is for me anyway. [emoji16] Unfortunately I have to work tonight and tomorrow night, so my weekend doesn't start for another two days. However, enjoy your weekend!

Congrats on the hair starting to fill in.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Faith on June 29, 2018, 11:48:59 AM
Not much to follow up with. Sitting at work trying not to think or do anything because .. IT's FRIDAY!!

I avoided checking my hair for a while, last night I checked. there is no question that part of my receding line has filled in on each side. Quite well I might add (I did add :P ) ... WOOT

It is indeed Friday and I know that work ethic well. Okay so I kind of remember it. It has been awhile and I'm not getting any younger.

Congrats on the new follicle foliage. Faith

As always say hi to your best half and give her a hug for me please.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Faith

another day gone. I had to strip some siding off the house and replace it. Behind the AC unit .. it really ate it up. Too much rain this year to let it slide. At least I can still do it .. it killed me though.

On a plus, I got "lady'ed" tonight ... at Home Depot no less :P

•  

Rachel

Hi Faith,

Make sure to eat salt when on Spiro.

When I went off Spiro two days before GCS I figured I would be ok as I had been high on Potassium at every blood check. I had almost no potassium during the operation. I was checked just prior to the operation and when they added the saline to increase my BP ( I have very low blood pressure due to the type of exercise I do)  my blood potassium dropped and I had extremely low blood pressure (53/33 and it went to 50/30 at points).

Anyhow, Spiro will spare the potassium, eat salt and if you go off spiro be very carful you do not go low potassium.

I take a quarter teaspoon of cream of tartar every day and my potassium is high but in range. I am post op and do not take spiro.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Faith

Hey @Rachel.  Yes, I know about the salt, extra water, potassium retention. I am potassium low and take prescription supplements. I'm hoping I can stop taking them soon.

I was down 2 more pounds this morning. I guess I need to eat some fattening foods :D

a morning ¿happy? moment. Lori and I were talking (reiterating that I feel I'm on the right path, so long as she's with me). She said she's not having having any problems with the changes except the times she looks at me and sees the woman and has to do a double-take to see the guy that's she accustomed to, then think, "Oh, there 'he' is"

My hope is that some day the double-takes just go away.

•  

Jayne01

Hi Faith,

Thank you for your updates. I don't always have something to say but I'm still here reading with interest.

Great to see things are going well for you.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Laurie

Yes Faith, I am reading and have my eye on you...

•  

Faith

So far, a bad day. very emotionally wrung out. I feel like I could break down at any moment. Lots of negative thoughts along the line of: Why should I be an ugly woman when I can be a good looking man?

All my work today is auto-pilot, stuff I can do in my sleep. It's not enough distraction, too much time for thoughts .. and the day is early yet. It's going to be a long day.

I know this is a down post. I've promised myself to post good or bad to get it out .. so there you go, it's out. Now back to hiding.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Faith on July 02, 2018, 07:44:42 AM
So far, a bad day. very emotionally wrung out. I feel like I could break down at any moment. Lots of negative thoughts along the line of: Why should I be an ugly woman when I can be a good looking man?

All my work today is auto-pilot, stuff I can do in my sleep. It's not enough distraction, too much time for thoughts .. and the day is early yet. It's going to be a long day.

I know this is a down post. I've promised myself to post good or bad to get it out .. so there you go, it's out. Now back to hiding.

Hi Faith,

Question girlfriend, Was that good looking man happy as things were? Have you been more at peace with yourself since you made your decision to become Faith in comparison? Do you think you can be happy without transitioning?
  All our decisions have benefits and consequences, The difficulty come in when you begin to weight these against each other. I am wagering that you did not make your decision without some very deep thought on the matter and that those benefits did outweigh the consequences or else you would not have made the decision you did.
  Now add in the Lori factor. This fine woman considered her options about the issue, weighed the pros and cons, then made her decision to stand by your side in your transition and support you all that she can. She is a gem, Faith. Talk to her.
   It all comes down to Faith is a woman. Look around you Hun. Women come in all shapes and sizes. Their looks vary with every aspect you can name. Age, social environment, peers, weather,genetics, makeup, etc. It all plays a part but Hun, when you hear that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, it is true. The phrase beauty is only skin deep has it's truth as a metaphor but it is also so wrong in another way. I prefer "Real beauty comes from within", and Faith your beauty is within. Lori sees it. Others see it. We see it.
  The battle you wage is withing yourself too, Faith. There are a wealth of strengths within you to defeat those pesky doubts and recriminations. But I have faith that you can defeat those issues and faith the you will continue to move forward with what you and Lori know you need to do. Believe in yourself, if you cannot do that talk to lori and believe in her.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on July 02, 2018, 07:44:42 AM

Sorry you had a crappy day Faith. Can you answer a question for me? What does physical appearance have to do with who you are? I am assuming you are referring to physical appearance when you mentioned an ugly woman or a good looking man. Humans come in all shapes and sizes. I am certain you already know that, but it doesn't hurt to offer you a friendly reminder.

I hope your mood improved as your day progressed and you were able to shake those negative thoughts.

I am also very glad to see you back posting updates. Good or bad, we are here for you.

(((Hug)))
Jayne
  •  

Faith

@Laurie and @Jayne01
Thanks for the comments, logic isn't much use against emotion. I've depended on logic my whole life - I think I killed it.

Jayne,
First off, ignore the 'it doesn't matter what other people think' rhetoric.

I've never liked how I look -ever- it's a fact ... other people liked my man look (Lori included, of course). I've had my share of visual followers and, well, not groupies but you get the idea. I was/am a good-looking man by others definitions.

Now I am in flux, I don't look good on either side of the fence. I'd like to think I'm not vain but I do want to be reasonably attractive and presentable. I have no 'model' nor 'cute-teenager'  expectations. I am realistic.
Physical appearance is not about 'who I am' it's about 'how I appear'

At least today I don't have it hitting so hard and distractions are easier to come by.

I think I'm getting my words all wrong, it's very hard to explain all the crap floating around in my head. I think I'll stop there before I say something that's totally misconstrued from what I really mean.

•  

Faith

I could post this in the 'happy today' thread but I'm more comfortable over here in my own little corner. Last night was a step ¿forward?

It was my first dream where I was not the man I've always been. Not a women but, in my dream I was at my current stage of transition. My wife says I am starting to dream my current norm and my ''old norm' is fading away.

the 2nd part of the dream was that a female that I know accepted me to the point of changing clothes and getting dressed in front of me. That part is the wishful thinking part where I am fully accepted into my new role NOT that I have any desire to see her changing :P

•  

LizK

Quote from: Faith on July 04, 2018, 08:15:28 AM
Ithe 2nd part of the dream was that a female that I know accepted me to the point of changing clothes and getting dressed in front of me.....

Being accepted for who we are is something we all seem to strive for. I know for me that being accepted for who I am is a goal I am still striving for is some place and it has been achieved in others. I think dreaming about it is another way of processing our thoughts and feelings regarding acceptance. Nice dreams like that, with those feelings, we so want, are one of the ones you wish you could capture to replay and to reinvigorate you when you are feeling down. Its not surprising we dream about the things that are important to us.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Faith

hi Y'all (well, the one or two that bother to look in here). Popping in for a few. Things have been rather uneventful on the whole. Ups and downs, but who doesn't? A couple severe downs .. mainly the body dysphoria. I guess life wants to knock you down if things are moving too smoothly.

I've caught up a bit on the forum, skimming mostly. I can read bits and pieces but my brain gives out if there is too much detail. It may be related to my IBS/Gluten problem. One of the symptoms is 'brain-fog'. I'm definitely foggy. we won't discuss the other symptoms ... TMI   :o

I'm still fighting with PP to get a copy of my lab work. How hard is it? Aren't they mine in the first place? Next step is to drive there in person and not leave without them. They use quest and I have a Quest portal. I contacted Quest and they can't find any record of the lab work. grrr. I know they link to Quest because my very first lab results are on there. I seriously wonder if they botched the blood draw again and prescribed my current doses without them rather than admit that they screwed up.

Lori mentioned a couple things that made me feel good, lets start with the bad.

1- A/C compressor unit is falling through it's stand. The stand is made of wood and we've had lots of rain. The unit ended up leaning back towards the house causing the old siding to rot out and fall. No one makes the siding any more. I had to patch in a different style. It doesn't look horrible but I still have to straighten out the stand so that the compressor is straight. With my current luck, I'll probably break the copper freon lines.

2- Lori had problem with the rider, poor thing is old, burnt rubber and smoke from the blade belt. I figured it wore out, rolled off, and got caught. Well that much was true. I ordered new belts w/o checking. Well, the blade belt rolled off because the mounting bracket on the deck broke off. The deck is severely rusted, repair option is low. It's too old to buy a new deck. That puts us at buying a new rider ... have I mentioned having no money at any point? We took the deck to her brother's. He'll try to band-aid it if possible, if we can't get a new rider.

3- Hot, sweaty, tired. Call it a day, it looked to be ready to rain in any case. Deciding what to watch on TV as I relax, talking to Lori and ... CRASH BANG ... lightning and no more TV. It's dead. I took it apart jic but nothing obvious. That means gamble a parts swap that may not work or buy a new TV. Have I mentioned having no money?

4- We went grocery shopping to get out of the house and picked up a few items on our list. After getting back we decide to break in her new chainsaw. We'd picked an electric up recently for brush trimming (crappy pepper trees!! Overgrown weeds is what they are!). Anyway, that went OK but man I was pooped. I give in and go take a shower.

5- after the shower I hear water dripping ... hmm, .. track it down. 3 inches of water inside the A/C return duct and out into the closet area ... ARRGGGHHH ... drain was backing up. Vacuum and mop and clean change the filter (which was the wrong size, had to make it fit). Got it all back together. It's seems to be OK for now.

Saturday is done. pheww ..

Sunday morning walk, chatting with Lori, the local bike troupe starts riding by. "hello ladies", "good morning ladies" .. that's a good start to the day. Lori looked at me and said, "See, I told you".

Then she mentioned from a while back that one of our mutual ¿friends? had seen me sitting at a table by myself and had thought to herself, "Poor woman sitting there alone." and came to sit near me, for company I guess. She didn't realize it was me until I looked up straight at her.

At her brother's house last night, his wife asked Lori who she had with me, thinking another girl and didn't know who it was. Lori was like, umm .. and told her it was me. She didn't recognize me. It's been maybe 6 months?, I think, since they'd seen me.

Confirmation of change comes at odd times and in odd ways while I still see him in the mirror.

I don't know why I still end up posting but there you have it .. whomever ends up reading it, if any one.

•  

Jayne01

Hey there Faith,
I am still here reading.  Sorry for your run of bad luck with the AC compressor stand, house siding, ride on, tv, water leak.....did I miss anything? These things always happen at the most inopportune time.

Congrats on not being recognised by people that have previously known you. That must have been a boost to your confidence.

Keep your updates coming.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

Sorry to hear about all the home improvement hassles.  That stuff can be a real pain in the butt, can't it?

That is great news about how the bike group, the lady in the restaurant and your brother-in-law's wife saw you as female.  That HRT is working its magic on you.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •