Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Quote from: Faith on July 24, 2018, 09:15:56 AM
I was going to post in the happy/unhappy thread, but I couldn't find it.

Everything this morning normal routine, now. Make coffee, head to the bathroom to primp, dress, eat breakfast, pop pills, etc. etc.

The good ...
I got dressed, nice flowing slacks I hadn't worn in a while, new (to me) top (medium V?) that would show cleavage if I had any. It does accent that I have something in there. Nice light-weight sweater ¿wrap? (no buttons) to cover my wide shoulders. All in all, a very nice overall look. Wife says I look good, co-worker says I look good.

The bad ...
I feel ugly. I just can't shake it. Ugly in the mirror, ugly in the occasional window reflection. Ugly just sitting here and I can't even see myself.

I was going to snap a selfie to share, no can do ... too ugly.

Its horrible to have days like this...they make this journey very tough...We are terribly hard on ourselves and have expectations that are way above what is humanly possible. Some days its hard to even pin point why we feel the way we do. You have the rest of your future to be who you want to be, which may not be perfect but will be better than trying to be something you are not. Take extra care of yourself today...treat yourself in some small way it might help you feel little better.

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Faith

As with all of us, continuously or at one point or another, internalized fears or feelings are not necessarily fact or truth. Sometimes they are. It is very hard to overcome a feeling that has no basis in either, harder or impossible when it does.

This is me today (look fast, I don't know how long I'll leave it available)
https://imgur.com/fTWG1Rm

camera did a soft focus that hides lots of ills. Still, there's nothing to brag about in that photo.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on July 25, 2018, 09:39:12 AM
As with all of us, continuously or at one point or another, internalized fears or feelings are not necessarily fact or truth. Sometimes they are. It is very hard to overcome a feeling that has no basis in either, harder or impossible when it does.

This is me today (look fast, I don't know how long I'll leave it available)
https://imgur.com/fTWG1Rm

camera did a soft focus that hides lots of ills. Still, there's nothing to brag about in that photo.

@Faith  I looked at your posted photo and ....  Please stop being so hard on yourself...  the picture you posted looks fine...  I love your long hair and the curls.

Please continue with your updates and you could leave the picture posted on Imgur so later on you can do a before and after comparison ... only if you feel comfortable doing so... as you journey continues....

Thanks for keeping us all updated.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Anne Blake

Hello Faith,

I took a look at the picture that you posted. For what it is worth, I saw a lovely woman, one that I would like to meet and get to know over a cup of coffee. Good luck with those internal struggles.

Tia Anne
  •  

Laurie

Hi Faith,

I've see you in real life and I can see a lot of difference in your face just since then. Give yourself a break and let the estradiol work it's magic as it already is doing. I can see why your coworker said what he did. The change is that obvious.
Thank you for posting the picture so we can see the changes hrt has wrought.  No Hun, you may not be as beautiful in the flesh as you would like to be. But age and the late start is going to have it's effects but look around you. How many women are as beautiful as you would like to be? Not many unless you are at a beauty pageant. The beauty you and I and many of us have is not the external kind hun. Our beauty comes from withing if we will but let it out to be seen. I've seen it in Lori and in you. You will discover this eventually for yourself.

Hugs to Lori And you.
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Faith

Thanks, Danielle; Tia Ann; and Laurie,  I do appreciate the support. I fear I will be struggling with self-image for quite some time. Thankfully the internalized ugly feeling has faded. Now I am back to just picture and mirror avoidance.  I wore an outfit yesterday that I liked the individual pieces but the overall accented my V, narrow hip, guy frame. I had to struggle through the day.

I really want to wear a dress outfit tomorrow. I'll need lots of encouragement to get up the nerve. It's odd how when this all first started I didn't really care about dresses or skirts. I wonder if my desire now is due to wanting to wear it or if it's for personal affirmation? I may never know. Maybe it's time for another therapy session to go over some of these issues.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on July 26, 2018, 06:56:56 AM
I wore an outfit yesterday that I liked the individual pieces but the overall accented my V, narrow hip, guy frame. I had to struggle through the day.

I still struggle with that, too. After studying what's recommended for cis-women with the "inverted-V" shape I started looking for longer tops with flares on the bottom, skirts or shorts with heavier fabric and wider at the hip, and dark colors on top with light colors on the bottom. Dresses and skirts with pockets also help - a trick I've used is pushing the pockets toward the back, which helps enhance the hips. You can't put your hands in them that way, but you shouldn't anyway.

For my wide shoulders I avoid spaghetti straps and look for scoop or v-neck tops and dresses - though, amazingly, I've found that I can rock sleeveless! I didn't understand that until I started studying cis-women shoulders and upper arms. A lot of them look more beefy than me - and as slim as you are, I doubt you'd have any trouble. Also, as with light colors, patterns can make things look bigger, so plain tops and patterned bottoms can help, not to mention that patterns can help disguise certain, uh, bumps that are better hidden.

QuoteI really want to wear a dress outfit tomorrow. I'll need lots of encouragement to get up the nerve. It's odd how when this all first started I didn't really care about dresses or skirts. I wonder if my desire now is due to wanting to wear it or if it's for personal affirmation?

Does it really matter? You want to, and that should be good enough. I think you should! I do remember how hard it was to do that for the first time, but it sounds like you work with some cool people, so it'll be fine.

Do you have a skirt and top combination that fits the parameters above? I want you to knock 'em dead first time! Go, girl!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quotelonger tops with flares on the bottom
Ahh, yep, I do that. Not only but Lori knows I struggle and to help she actually tailored several T-shirts to accent the waist and flair at the hip .. I love my wife :D

QuoteYou want to, and that should be good enough
you would think, wouldn't you :-\

upbeat moment
My morning walk around the parking lot, at work, led to two gals stopping and waiting for me and initiating a conversation about it, which led to conversation about weight and snacks and failed will power, etc, etc. as we walked back into the building. Impromptu gal talk FTW

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on July 26, 2018, 09:17:18 AM
Ahh, yep, I do that. Not only but Lori knows I struggle and to help she actually tailored several T-shirts to accent the waist and flair at the hip .. I love my wife :D
you would think, wouldn't you :-\

upbeat moment
My morning walk around the parking lot, at work, led to two gals stopping and waiting for me and initiating a conversation about it, which led to conversation about weight and snacks and failed will power, etc, etc. as we walked back into the building. Impromptu gal talk FTW

@Faith
Well, you couldn't have posted a more upbeat and happy post on your thread...  all of this is terrific news for sure.
Kudos to your wife for helping you with tailoring some tops that will be appropriate for your changing body.  You can be very, very thankful for a supportive wife.

Oh, that is great news about your morning walk and your impromptu gal talk in the parking lot at your workplace.  That is surely a wonderful and self-assuring event for you....   :) :) :)

Thank you for your update... 
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Faith

That, that upbeat note didn't last. I had a change today, I'm not sure whether to post it or not. I mean, it's really not that significant.

I requested, and been approved, to use Faith as my preferred name and be referred to with proper pronouns at work. That includes all correspondence and communication (basically email). I updated all my email information and login credentials before I left for the day  ... I'm Domain Admin and Network Admin. I have the power, no waiting around.

HAH, just kidding, it IS significant and I'm bouncing a bit. It's a good lead-in to wear my skirt tomorrow. One coworker says I have to. Well, we'll see  :D

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on July 26, 2018, 03:11:02 PM
That, that upbeat note didn't last. I had a change today, I'm not sure whether to post it or not. I mean, it's really not that significant.

I requested, and been approved, to use Faith as my preferred name and be referred to with proper pronouns at work. That includes all correspondence and communication (basically email). I updated all my email information and login credentials before I left for the day  ... I'm Domain Admin and Network Admin. I have the power, no waiting around.

HAH, just kidding, it IS significant and I'm bouncing a bit. It's a good lead-in to wear my skirt tomorrow. One coworker says I have to. Well, we'll see  :D

@Faith
I started reading and thought.... oh no... but then I read your last sentence....
Very good news indeed....   happy and bouncing is much better than the alternative.
Thanks for your good news posting.
Hugs,
Daniellle

•  

steph2.0

Bouncing are we? Espresso beans?

Seriously, that is awesome. Congratulations!

As for the skirt, it's not just one coworker who's encouraging you! But... pics or it didn't happen. Don't forget! (And smile!)

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Thanks Steph and Danielle

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 26, 2018, 03:40:19 PM
@Faith
I started reading and thought.... oh no... but then I read your last sentence....
Very good news indeed....   happy and bouncing is much better than the alternative.
Thanks for your good news posting.
Hugs,
Daniellle

I came to realize (yeah, I know I know) that the only thing holding me back is .. me.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on July 26, 2018, 03:54:15 PM
Bouncing are we? Espresso beans?

Seriously, that is awesome. Congratulations!

As for the skirt, it's not just one coworker who's encouraging you! But... pics or it didn't happen. Don't forget! (And smile!)

Stephanie

What!!??!! no chocolate?

and pics .. my arms are too short for a full body selfie.

•  

KathyLauren

YAY!!!  So glad to hear this!  Another vote for skirt: yes.

Quote from: Faith on July 26, 2018, 04:12:37 PM
What!!??!! no chocolate?

Heck, yes, chocolate!  It is so essential that it is just assumed without having to be mentioned.  Though now that you mention it, ... Mmmmm!

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Laurie

Skirt and pictures or it is up on the fridge with you.

Let Lori take the picture or a coworker, but a picture need be taken.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Faith its a tough crowd here...I think Laurie was threatened with the same about a year ago over a makeover if my memory serves me correctly.

That is such great news about your name and it all being changed. That is significant for sure.

Ok so about those picture ... ;D

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Faith

I am sitting here at work in my casual skirt and top. Proof, well, I don't know. You have to just take my word for it. I may get someone to take a picture ... I may not.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on July 27, 2018, 07:44:20 AM
I am sitting here at work in my casual skirt and top. Proof, well, I don't know. You have to just take my word for it. I may get someone to take a picture ... I may not.

Please, Faith? Puleeeeeeze?!

Seriously, whether you document this with photos or not, I am so incredibly proud of you!! You're the coolest chick in the IT department!

Stephanie

•  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on July 27, 2018, 07:46:51 AM
Please, Faith? Puleeeeeeze?!

Seriously, whether you document this with photos or not, I am so incredibly proud of you!! You're the coolest chick in the IT department!

Stephanie

Alright ... proof is in the ugly. Look fast before they're gone .......

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on July 27, 2018, 12:38:00 PM
Alright ... proof is in the ugly. Look fast before they're gone .......

Yess! You look great, Faith! I even see a smile!

Thank you for sharing your awesome day with us!

Stephanie

•