News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LexieDragon

Quote from: Faith on July 27, 2018, 12:38:00 PM
Alright ... proof is in the ugly. Look fast before they're gone .......

Def looking good!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexandra teh gr8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Some clever text here]
  •  

Michelle_P

Faith, you look just fine. In fact, you look a lot like a friend of mine, a lovely older woman (cisgender) I regularly run into at meetings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

KathyLauren

Faith, you look adorable!  Especially in the second picture where you are smiling.  And no I am not just saying that.  I mean it in all seriousness, hun, you look good.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

Thanks y'all. I really am trying to see what you (and Lori) say that you see. Sometimes I almost can. Several compliments today at work as well and one beautiful (can't see that, that's for sure).

Had a talk with one gal, filling her in on what name to use, and it settled into girl chat. That's twice in one week for girl talk.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

LizK

Good on you for calling out your doubters LOL

It so hard sometimes when everyone else can see her except you!! Trust us she is there and falling so easily into girl talk is just another sign that you are accepted for who you are.

Take care

Liz

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith   Please, oh please, do not be so hard on yourself...  not ugly, and please don't take the pictures away.  I think, along with many others here, that you look terrific and you should be proud of your progress as you head for your transition goals.... 
Again, you look wonderful in those recent photos... your hair, the top and the skirt... and your posture and appearance screams female to all the eyes that see you.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Rachel

I think your clothing selection is spot on, your hair is great and you look female.

I know self doubt can be difficult to overcome but you look really good.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Anne Blake

Faith, it is pretty well unanimous so it is a good time to listen to Lori and the rest of us. And, as difficult as it is to put it there,  your smile sells the whole image.

Take care girl,
Tia Anne
  •  

Faith

Alright, alright!! I get the message. I will leave the pictures up. you all are really pushy, you know that?

I guess I also have to admit that my opinion is in the minority when it comes to my looks/appearance. I'll try to come around, it's not easy.

Danielle, stay positive and I'll try not to say 'ugly' any more. How about, "Not as pretty as ..." just kidding! maybe

Rachel, I don't think I ever posted in your thread. I've read though it though. I should have made the effort to say how much I like your profile picture. I'll do it now, and pretty doesn't do it justice.

Tia Anne - I can't compete with Danielle's smile, I'll see what I can do. Honestly, I do smile a lot now ... unless I see a camera.

I'm running out of responses. Thank you all for your support, it helps a lot. Oh, um, Kathy. Adorable? Really? I think you're pushing the envelope a wee bit there....

•  

Donna

Danielle's words are so very true. You have nothing to hide from and look great. Give your self a big hug, you deserve it.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Faith

Heading to the local water park today. It'll be my first public outing in my bathing suit.

•  

kaitylynn

Oh Dear, sometimes we can be our own worst critics...you look fabulous!  I know how hard it can be to hear positives from others when we are feeling down on ourselves.  It can seem like they are just being nice, but actually they are being the best mirrors we can gaze in to.  Hope you can drop some of the harsh self view and see what others here are trying to reflect back to you.  You are beautiful!
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

krobinson103

I'll add to the chorus on that one. No matter how many people tell me I look good, beautiful etc I really can't see it. The fact that no one misgenders me anymore should be a clue but there is still a little nagging voice that says... they are being kind. We are our own worst critics and its hard to let go of that. One day I might be able to but you certainly should. No man in that picture and certainly not ugly. :)
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Faith, I'll echo what everyone else has said -- you look great! We are indeed our own worst critics and are the last to see in ourselves what other see. It has only been a week or so since I finally began accepting what others see, I no longer ask myself 'do they know?' everywhere I go. To be honest, most of the time we should never care what others think. As long as we are happy with who WE are, the opinions of others should not matter. I do admit I takes a while to get there! Believe in yourself Faith, and in those who have already replied -- you are beautiful!
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

nikkiannukts

Faith,

You look amazing.  Stunning!

Inspirational to those of us starting our journey.

Nikki
  •  

Sonja

@Faith

Hi Faith,

You look great! Great style, very calm and elegant at the same time, very attractive, love your nails! and your hair! 

Sonja
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Faith on July 29, 2018, 10:00:09 AM
Heading to the local water park today. It'll be my first public outing in my bathing suit.

no water park, too many thunderclaps. We ended up at the mall instead. I did not wear my bathing suit to the mall.

Thanks again to all of you for your compliments. While I do appreciate it (very much) I must point out that even dressed like that I am gendered as him, he, and called sir. I do not pass close inspection, I am still a work in progress. that is without saying a word so it's not my voice giving me away.

I've read posts and threads from each of you. I need to make a more concerted effort to contribute back. I am still borderline introvert (as Laurie can attest).

I don't know how it was today, no one directly addressed me. I guess the highlight moment was when Lori got my attention to say, " ... us other girls have to go to the restroom ... " and will be back shortly. The window reflections were being kind to me, so ... maybe ...

•  

Faith

Today marks the first 'official' day utilizing Faith as my preferred name, along with pronouns. A memo went out to the department that I work in. I also handed out a couple letters to managers of other departments. I have not met any resistance whatsoever. Reasonable questions about 'what if we forget' Hey, mistakes happen, it's OK. After a few months though .. should have it right by then .....

I have no intention of pushing the bathroom rights issue. There is an available unmarked privacy bathroom, I will use that as exclusively as possible. Secondary is a private bathroom that is marked for men but since it's single use/private it'll do when I can't wait. (which happens all too often any more :P). I have no desire to make any women uncomfortable by forcing the issue. I point out that no one has said anything one way or another, this is just my thoughts and decisions.

•  

Susan Baum

A Milestone Day - congratulations.

It's wonderful you have departmental and management support to help keep the smiles coming.

Susan
Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Susan Baum on July 30, 2018, 09:58:57 AM
A Milestone Day - congratulations.

It's wonderful you have departmental and management support to help keep the smiles coming.

Susan

Thanks Susan. I will quote one manager's reply to my open note that pretty much sums up how my 'news' has been received here.

QuoteI really appreciate the letter you gave me this morning.  So often, we do not know the struggles our friends and colleagues are experiencing on a daily basis.  I commend you for confronting your situation head on.  I know this wasn't/isn't easy.  Please know that I respect your strength and courage you display on a daily basis.  I wish you the best.

•