Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

Hi Faith,

I noticed your profile pic is gone again. That can only mean your mood is on a downward slide. I am sorry you are feeling this way. Perhaps the faceapp photos dampened your mood. That app is only something to have a bit of fun with, nothing more. If the profile pictures cause you so much discomfort, then by all means leave the space blank or perhaps post a cartoon picture or scenery or something like that. As you know, I and others think that you look great and like seeing your photo in your avatar but you need to be comfortable with it, so no pressure.

I hope I am wrong with my perception and you are actually in a better mood than I think you are.

Take care, and keep your updates coming. We value your comments.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Faith I hope the removal of your avatar wasn't as a result of something I wrote.  If so I truly apologize.  As I wrote, you look great but as Jayne notes you need to be comfortable with what you post.  Hugs, 
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Faith

I am going to make a minor update (easier now that some manipulative admin got it unlocked)

Today I wore a bikini .. normal two piece .. while working around and mowing the yard. Not fully public since I live in the boonies but there were plenty of drive-by's - some  that  waved so they saw me. My son's first reaction was "You look weird". Not stupid or bad or even good, just weird. Never having seem me this way that makes total sense .. I felt kind of weird. I told him, "Only one way to get used to it."

It's tempting to send a picture to Danielle for the sweaty composition but I don't think I can - I can't manage it
scratch that. I saw the pictures .. scary ...

for comparative HRT results, here is some test info. My next blood draw is on the 11th so about a week after that should be a new set of results.

Quote12/29/2017
TESTOSTERONE      703   ng/dL

05/09/2018
Estradiol         125.2                                   pg/mL     P1
Adult Female
Follicular phase   12.5 - 166.0
Ovulation phase      85.8 - 498.0
Luteal phase      43.8 - 211.0
Postmenopausal      <6.  - 54.7
Pregnancy
1st trimester      215.0 -> 4300.0
Girls (1-10 years)   6.0 - 27.0

06/13/2018
TESTOSTERONE      201   H  ng/dL

06/22/2018
eGFR            46   mL/min/1.73 m^2
NORMAL:                    >60 mL/min/sq meters
ACUTE RENAL FAILURE:     30-50 mL/min/sq meters
CHRONIC RENAL FAILURE:   15-30 mL/min/sq meters

I threw in my kidney info, the numbers are pertinent to what mediations I can use. Before anyone panics about the 46, I used to be around 32 .. it's improving.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Dena

The estradiol numbers are looking good but the T is still a little high. Until we see the next test and to verify if there is a downward trend I am reserving judgement. T doesn't drop overnight so hopefully the next test will show a lower number.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Faith

I started spiro about three months after estradiol due to the blood pressure meds I was on.

Quote from: Dena on September 02, 2018, 01:43:07 PM
The estradiol numbers are looking good but the T is still a little high. Until we see the next test and to verify if there is a downward trend I am reserving judgement. T doesn't drop overnight so hopefully the next test will show a lower number.

•  

Jayne01

Hi Faith,

Out mowing the lawn in a two piece bikini!!! You go girl!!!!

Thanks for the update. Good to see you back. I can't say that the blood test results mean anything to me. We use different units of measure here but even with my own results, they are just arbitrary numbers. The important thing is how you feel. If you are feeling good, then the levels are right for you. I knew my first hormone implant was wearing off before having a blood test. I just felt different, something felt a little off. After having a blood test, it was confirmed that my E levels had dropped, indicating my implant was coming to the end of its useful life. After getting a new implant, I started to feel right again. I have no idea what my levels are and I won't know until I start feeling a change again and having another blood test.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Faith on September 02, 2018, 12:18:40 PM
I am going to make a minor update (easier now that some manipulative admin got it unlocked)

Today I wore a bikini .. normal two piece .. while working around and mowing the yard.

Mowing the lawns in a bikini...OUCH  now that could have ended badly from an Occupational Health and Safety point of view :icon_yikes: LOL but more power to you...Just kidding nice to see you posting

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:
I am so glad to read that your blood test came back showing an improvement in your Kidney Function.  I hope the improvement continues for you.

Hmmm, why are you teasing us so regarding you wearing your bikini.... and mowing your lawn with it on????   Just so you know, my "hot and sweaty" picture montage is temporarily on a back burner but you are most welcome to have me utilize one of your pictures when and if you feel so led.

Your recent pictures that you posted plus the "younger Faith" picture that you are using for your work ID badge all look terrific, nothing to be ashamed of at all.  Please believe me and all of your other followers that made similar positive comments after seeing your photos.

Thank you for you update post.  Your followers are a curious bunch and we want to rejoice with you when you have good things to report.... and we will support you with our words, thoughts and encouragement when you report not so good things.

I am so very glad that your thread is unlocked and is now open for business again.
Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle

Quote from: Faith on September 02, 2018, 12:18:40 PM

Today I wore a bikini .. normal two piece .. while working around and mowing the yard. Not fully public since I live in the boonies but there were plenty of drive-by's - some  that  waved so they saw me. My son's first reaction was "You look weird". Not stupid or bad or even good, just weird. Never having seem me this way that makes total sense .. I felt kind of weird. I told him, "Only one way to get used to it."

It's tempting to send a picture to Danielle for the sweaty composition but I don't think I can - I can't manage it
scratch that. I saw the pictures .. scary ...

for comparative HRT results, here is some test info. My next blood draw is on the 11th so about a week after that should be a new set of results.

I threw in my kidney info, the numbers are pertinent to what mediations I can use. Before anyone panics about the 46, I used to be around 32 .. it's improving.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Faith on September 02, 2018, 02:17:02 PM
I started spiro about three months after estradiol due to the blood pressure meds I was on.

I had borderline sodium-sensitive hypertension, and the spiro brought that nicely under control, so I could stop my extremely low sodium (700 mg/day or less) diet.

Since GCS I stopped spiro, and the hypertension has not returned in spite of my following a roughly 2,300 mg/day sodium intake.  Gosh, I wonder if there was some other factor involved in my hypertension?   ;D

Good to hear the kidney numbers are improving!  I'm trying diet to keep mine under control, tracking protein and trying to give myself a break from overloading.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Faith

I believe the kidney issues derived from my high blood pressure. At first check 170+ something over something else high. I don't remember, I know that they panicked and said I was at stroke level. HBP directly affects the kidneys negatively and vice-versa, kidney issues cause HPB. Turns out my unmanaged HBP was the culprit. My BP runs about 110/60 now, on average. I also limit my protein to help the kidneys .. better safe ...

•  

Cindy

I've never cut the lawn in a bikini but I did once wash my car on the front lawn while wearing a bikini. I had two male neighbours come over to help me. I thought that was a remarkably neighbourly thing to do.  :laugh:
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Cindy on September 03, 2018, 06:18:50 PM
I've never cut the lawn in a bikini but I did once wash my car on the front lawn while wearing a bikini. I had two male neighbours come over to help me. I thought that was a remarkably neighbourly thing to do.  :laugh:

considering what I look like in one, if I had neighbors they'd gather together to point and stare, cast insults, and bemoan the ruination of their community.

•  

Anne Blake

I am right there with you Faith, I believe my neighbors would grab their pitch forks and shovels and storm the castle as in old Frankenstein movies.

Tia Anne
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 02, 2018, 10:14:02 PM
@Faith
Dear Faith:

I aHmmm, why are you teasing us so regarding you wearing your bikini.... and mowing your lawn with it on????   ...
Y

I have seen the pictures and can vouch for Faith. She was wearing her bikini...not looking overly happy about being snapped but tolerating it pretty well  :D. Faith and I both agree that neither of us will ever make the cover of sports illustrated but then again, I still think still Faith has a far better chance than me of making that cover....I said to her that I thought she looked great but some how I don't think she was convinced. :laugh: More power to you girl I am not even brave enough to put one on.

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

steph2.0

That's pretty cool that you actually had the guts to wear the bikini where you could actually be seen, regardless how isolated your yard is. The closest I've gotten is shorts and a sports bra while working in the yard. We're at the end of a cul-de-sac so we don't get a lot of traffic, but the mail lady came by while I was washing the car. What could I do but wave at her?

One of our neighbors is a snowbird who goes back to Maine for the summer every year, but encourages the rest of the neighborhood to use his pool (smart - we keep it clean for him). A few weekends ago we went down there, and knowing no one else was around, I wore my bikini. No problem. We went again the next day and that time I wore my two-piece, which covers a bit more skin. And two of my neighbors were already in the pool. For a millisecond I considered turning back, but instead I trooped in, laid out our lunch, turned on the tunes, and splashed in, all the time wondering what I'd have done if I was wearing the bikini instead. I came to the conclusion, probably the same thing. What the heck...

So good on ya, Faith! It's so cool to watch your confidence growing.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Today started pretty awesome. Lori had me wear a different dress to work. She added a loops to clip a necklace to it and we made a special trip to the store for stockings last night. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I am very moody this week, things get me down easily.

I arrived at work all dolled up. I was heading for the entry door, a gentleman was quite a distance ahead of me. He waited at the door holding it open for me. He told me how great I looked and what a nice dress it was. And we're off to a great start ... and crash ... the day barely started, had to go to the restroom and .. a huge run in the stockings very wide and long, no way to hide it. Couple that with a few other things and my mood tanked, I almost broke down. I texted Lori to vent a bit.

The stockings were to help hide panty lines as well but I had to take them off. I pondered for a bit and as my mood settled out a bit I decided to cut the legs out so I could at least get a bit of smoothing out of them.

Lori tried to call me. I called her back to find out that she was near my work but got lost and needed directions. I had a suspicion why she was coming. Sure enough, I meet her outside and not only does she have new stocking, she bought a couple flowers for me to help make me feel better.

So, my loving wife had made a very out-of-the-way trip to come to my rescue ... I love my wife.

In honor of that, I will share a picture (you have to click the link, I'll not post it). She took it with my phone outside my work. It's not the best picture and you can really see my belly bloat (I put on 5 lbs in the past two days ACK!!). I think I can manage to share it as long as I don't have to look at it.

https://i.imgur.com/4jQLAWT.jpg?1

needless to say, my mood is much improved plus, I got more compliments. I think the day will end well ... unless I trip and fall on my face ...

I've got my words all jumbled in my head, I think I got it all out though.

Faith

•  

JudiBlueEyes

I love the dress, very becoming!!!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Faith

thanks Judi.

I think I tripped and fell .. I ended the day totally miserable. I could not stop thinking about that belly bloat and how badly it detracted from the look. Even the flowers weren't enough. Maybe if I blur my face out of the pictures?

Here's a picture of the flowers:

Yes, they aren't real. We rarely buy real ones, huge expense for something that will die in a week.

Not sure who's bothering to read this, I'm probably typing to myself
... I know you are Judi so hush, let me wallow ...

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Faith on September 06, 2018, 07:37:50 PM
thanks Judi.

I think I tripped and fell .. I ended the day totally miserable. I could not stop thinking about that belly bloat and how badly it detracted from the look. Even the flowers weren't enough. Maybe if I blur my face out of the pictures?

We always focus on what we think is the worst thing, while others often don't even notice.

Here's a picture of the flowers:

Yes, they aren't real. We rarely buy real ones, huge expense for something that will die in a week.

Not sure who's bothering to read this, I'm probably typing to myself
... I know you are Judi so hush, let me wallow ...

The flowers are very pretty.  I like the idea of gifting silk flowers or similar, as my gray thumb is quite rough on living plants and I am sure I am not the only one.

The purple dress is very nice, and I thought the necklace was unique and quite distinctive.  Bright metals against that dark fabric work well.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Cindy

I like the purple dress! My style, except I now need a drop neck.

If you think you had a bad day, I put my back out a few days ago and I'm having problems even bending. I did create a new slogan though

'With a Laryngectomy no one can hear you scream' and no I don't need sympathy it was just a comment!

Actually not screaming takes a lot of the fun out having a pain, no one to moan to  :laugh:
  •