Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyaW

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 08, 2018, 04:19:25 PM
Is it really that wrong? I know I'm comforted when someone answers on my thread to say they've been there, too. It makes me feel not so all alone.

Well that's what I try for,  but when I proofread before posting it often comes across as one upping the original post. Then if I cut details I get the bland nothings, so I don't post anything.

Quote from: Faith on September 08, 2018, 04:11:54 PM
close but not quite what I'm getting at. Tonya is closest on how I feel about it (welcome to my thread, btw).

Thanks. 

I read a lot of threads that I never post to, at least partly due to what I think you're saying.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

Faith

I went crazy today. I was sitting here at home alone all relaxed and thunking (thinking going wrong) and decided it was a good day to clear out a Brazilian Pepper tree that was taking over our yard and most of the road. That was 10:30 this morning. It is now 7:50 pm and I just got out of my shower. Kathy Lauren's chainsaw pic inspired me to snap a few pics that I sent to her. I don't think I'll share it, nothing sexy about a sweaty old guy.
**begin full disclosure**
Kathy did state that there was definitely some girl showing in there.
**end disclosure**

and, that was my day. I'm pooped.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

KathyLauren

There must be something about September that makes girls get out their chainsaws.  And yes, there definitely was some girl visible in the pic.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

There must be something about September that makes girls get out their chainsaws.

I forgot to mention the fact that it's Lori's chainsaw. She was at work so I 'borrowed' it :)

•  

Cindy

Quote from: KathyLauren on September 09, 2018, 07:25:12 PM
There must be something about September that makes girls get out their chainsaws. 

I sat in a wetlands area for 3 hours taking pictures of spiders. How's that for sexy!
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Sephirah on September 08, 2018, 05:08:57 PM
Sweetie, that happens a lot. It's not just you. I'd venture about 90% of the posts made here are exactly as you describe. People can only speak about what they know. And most often that is something which draws on the experiences of the individual. Quite often it's hard to empathise with someone without going into detail about what you yourself have been through.

But that's how threads end up. With a dialog. A collection of people's experiences as they talk about how a common theme has affected them. And in that, people can take away a myriad of viewpoints. Of shared experiences and perspectives. Some of the most insightful threads here have been because each contributor has spoken about their own experiences around a common theme.

And it's not really just that. Everyone wants a voice. It's sort of a side effect of the condition we share. A desire to be heard. For who we are. A desire to just talk to someone about how we're feeling. Sometimes we go weeks, months... years without having any sort of outlet to be able to discuss these things. We have a vast reservoir of feeling, emotion, and a choir of voices all waiting just to speak up and be heard. There's nothing wrong with that. Nothing at all.

Often we get it drilled into us in life that stuff isn't about us. That we should stop being so selfish. That no one cares what we think. It becomes a mantra we live with and recite day after day. And when we dare to speak out we feel guilty and ashamed. For daring to voice our individuality. For daring to say "This is what I feel, what I think, and what happened to me."

It's not wrong for wanting to be heard. For wanting to talk about yourself. Your experiences, thoughts and feelings matter. And sometimes, in a thread where someone is unsure, scared, hurting and not knowing where to turn... they matter a hell of a lot more than you think they do. If for no other reason than to know that they're not the only one feeling something, or dealing with something, and that it may be possible to deal with it.

*hugs*

Excellent, Sephirah! That's what I tried to say, but you did it much more eloquently.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:
I agree with the replies you have gotten from your followers here.... 

First, .....proofreading multiple times before posting as @Tanya W  indicated.   Many times even after I do that I post it and read and see multiple errors that I have made.... well it is a good thing that I am not being graded for my grammar and spelling.   And yes, after I write it up, I look at it and may decide not to post the comment after all for a variety of reasons.

Second,
since this is YOUR THREAD, by all means talk about YOU.  Your followers come here to hear about you and your life events.... and to view any photos that you feel free to post...

.... OH, by the way, regarding photos, it is so very nice to see your Avatar/Profile picture....  you look absolutely terrific and definitely female....  you should not hesitate to share your photos here... and also you can be assured and confident that you won't be embarrassed as you to out and about as Faith.  Always put a big smile on your face and walk with your head held high.....   a smile is so disarming to others.

Again, Faith, this is your thread, we want to read comments about YOU....  and even on other various threads around the Forums, making comments about yourself are quite appropriate when answering questions or sharing life experiences with the OP or comments in line with the flow of the thread.

Thank you for keeping your followers updated....  always one of my first stops when I log in.
Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
  •  

Faith

Thanks Danielle. Yes, I know I can post anything 'me' in my own thread, no point otherwise :P It's other peoples threads. It's not just about sharing an experience it's about reading what I type and I've shifted from 'sharing' to 'being about me' There is a difference. I also hate making 'me too' posts so I avoid them. I know, I know, other people want to hear from me, so I've been told ... repeatedly ... I still have trouble doing it.

My current profile picture. After seeing it in the fab thread and looking on my phone I came to realize that, for me, it's one of my best photos ever and causes absolutely no negative reaction at all. Hopefully it's a keeper. Although, I wouldn't mind if an even better picture came along :D

The pose and smile remind me of someone that I admire.

hugs to everyone
Faith

•  

Jayne01

Faith, I just saw your new profile picture. You look so good! And you even have a big smile!   This definitely qualifies as one of the best photos I have seen of you so far. What makes the photo so good is that big happy smile.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Faith

Thank you Jayne. I didn't think I'd ever find a picture that not only did other people like but I did as well .. WooHOOOooo ...

To top that off, it's one of 4 in a set. You can see them here:
https://imgur.com/a/bqN672F
Granted, I did pick the best one for my profile :D

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on September 11, 2018, 08:55:59 AM
Thank you Jayne. I didn't think I'd ever find a picture that not only did other people like but I did as well .. WooHOOOooo ...

To top that off, it's one of 4 in a set. You can see them here:
https://imgur.com/a/bqN672F
Granted, I did pick the best one for my profile :D

Those pictures are simply awesome, Faith! The smiles and joy are so infectious.

They do bring up one question though. Is there anyone in the world who doesn't own one of those JVC receivers?

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

"Is there anyone in the world who doesn't own one of those JVC receivers?"

I have a JVC setup (tuner, turntable and cassette deck) but not that model.  I have an Onkyo in my shop.  My favorite is my old Superscope (Marantz). 

That's quite the set up you have Faith! 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 11, 2018, 09:13:51 AM

They do bring up one question though. Is there anyone in the world who doesn't own one of those JVC receivers?

Stephanie

I don't know .. That's my retro wall. Behind my shoulder is my all-in-one 8-track/cassette/LP reciever
I had to move my 8-track player so you can't see it. The tapes are in the wooden cubby right behind me.
My reel-2-reels (more than one) had to go in another room as did my quadraphonic receiver (it weighs a ton).
My Allison CD-8 speakers are in the closet, they need speaker repair that I haven't gotten around to doing.
I need a bigger wall.

•  

BrianaJ

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 11, 2018, 09:13:51 AM

Stephanie

I agree - awesome pics.  You look very happy. 

And Stephanie, right??  Who doesn't?  I have a similar one out in the 'rec room'.  I bought it sometime in the early 80's. 
~~Be kind~~
  •  

BrianaJ

Quote from: Faith on September 11, 2018, 09:33:15 AM
I don't know .. That's my retro wall. Behind my shoulder is my all-in-one 8-track/cassette/LP reciever
I had to move my 8-track player so you can't see it. The tapes are in the wooden cubby right behind me.
My reel-2-reels (more than one) had to go in another room as did my quadraphonic receiver (it weighs a ton).
My Allison CD-8 speakers are in the closet, they need speaker repair that I haven't gotten around to doing.
I need a bigger wall.

'Retro' is in when it comes to media.  I can't believe how some of the older electronics are sought out.  And reel to reel and vinyl etc.  It makes me chuckle to see the youngins fawn over it all.
~~Be kind~~
  •  

Faith

Quote from: BrianaJ on September 11, 2018, 09:38:30 AM
'Retro' is in when it comes to media.  I can't believe how some of the older electronics are sought out.  And reel to reel and vinyl etc.  It makes me chuckle to see the youngins fawn over it all.

I collected mine mostly the old-fashioned way .. over the years growing up (growing old). I did have to replace some, things wear out beyond repair sometimes. I know just enough to fix my own stuff but sometimes it's beyond me.

•  

Faith

simple changes first thing today.

I have multiple email addresses, for various reasons. I can't change the email address yet to combine down to one. I did, however, change the display picture on all of them to a head shot of my profile picture. I also changed the display name to Faith Nicole.

baby steps

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:
It is so affirming for you to get emails addressed to Faith Nicole....  also including your "new" head shot display picture is the frosting on the cake.   Hang on for even more affirmation when you start changing your legal name on important documents and government records.   
If I recall correctly, you already have your "younger Faith" photo on your work ID badge... so that is confidence building as well.

I just can't express how much I like your newest avatar/profile photo and all the other recent photos that you have posted.... I am so glad now that you are feeling comfortable leaving the photos up on the Forums...
.... they are all absolutely beautiful pictures of yourself....

Thank your for sharing,
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: Faith on September 12, 2018, 09:02:34 AM
simple changes first thing today.

I have multiple email addresses, for various reasons. I can't change the email address yet to combine down to one. I did, however, change the display picture on all of them to a head shot of my profile picture. I also changed the display name to Faith Nicole.

baby steps
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
  •  

Faith

@Alaskan Danielle
We'll see how confusing my emails get to people that don't know yet ... if there are any. I don't know about legal name change. I don't think Lori is ready for that.

I still cannot look at the photos that I removed. These new ones and my current profile are different somehow. Hopefully that will be the case with future photos .. but not my hot-n-sweaty's, they look like a sweaty old guy.

¿beautiful? no comment/withholding judgment/exaggeration
but thank you anyway :)

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 12, 2018, 01:14:13 PM

Dear Faith:
It is so affirming for you to get emails addressed to Faith Nicole....  also including your "new" head shot display picture is the frosting on the cake.   Hang on for even more affirmation when you start changing your legal name on important documents and government records.   
If I recall correctly, you already have your "younger Faith" photo on your work ID badge... so that is confidence building as well.

I just can't express how much I like your newest avatar/profile photo and all the other recent photos that you have posted.... I am so glad now that you are feeling comfortable leaving the photos up on the Forums...
.... they are all absolutely beautiful pictures of yourself....

Thank your for sharing,
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

my next real step is HAIR ... face; body; nether ... I can't get rid of it or keep it under control good enough. It's torturing me. I have no choice but to find a way to pay to get rid of it. I need a free service.

•  

Faith

Lori tied my hair back this morning

I have no idea where the yellow/gold tint is coming from :-\
also
I wish I didn't have such broad shoulders :(

•