Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:
Well, yes, absolutely your post gets back onto your "My Progress" topic. ... and it is good news too!!!

As you stated, regarding the other Forum that you once frequented...  people missed you in your 8 or 9 month absence and now that you came back there to post again....
... and all of those "Welcome Back" messages that were sent to you.  :) :) :)

Yes indeed, a "good step" leading to more coming out opportunities...

Thank you for posting and keeping us all updated on your life goings on.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Faith

Quote from: KathyLauren on September 14, 2018, 05:46:00 PM
Faith, I get the feeling that you are enjoying this.  I am glad to hear it.  Once you get the hang of it, coming out is fun!  >:-)

@Kathy, Who? Me? :D I am very much starting to enjoy being ME :)

@Danielle, psst, 1 yr and 8-9 months.  yes .. a good step :)
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Faith

QuoteI am very much starting to enjoy being ME
ps.
I blame @Jayne, I think she's infectious!!!!!

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on September 14, 2018, 08:10:35 PM
ps.
I blame @Jayne, I think she's infectious!!!!!
Faith, it is so nice seeing you in such a good place lately. We are seeing a new, happier Faith. That's wonderful!!!

I would also like to thank you for your most recent post (above^^^). I have struggled a little today. There have been constant reminders around me all day, in the form of young women (late teens/early 20's), making  me think of my younger years and what I have missed out on. Missing out on those years of my life has been one of the hardest things for me to come to terms with. It has put me into a "bleh" kind of mood. Your comment reminded me how well I am doing now and show much I have to be grateful for. I can't allow myself to dwell on the past because the present is here now and I don't want to miss out on anymore of my life.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Faith

@Jayne

I don't think the "wistful youth lookin' " is stuck in the realm of trans. Pretty sure plenty of CIS women look at them as well thinking a similar thought. Not about never having those years but of lost years. Or "I wish I was young enough to do that now, when I was their age things were different".

Try not to get caught up in wistfulness ... hard, I get it too ... but try

hugssszzzz

Faith

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Faith on September 14, 2018, 04:29:24 PM
@Tonya

Hey Tonya, Yeah the goal is #4. When we reached it, we've stopped thinking about it.

As for image ...
I'm not sure the right way to say this, it's supposed to be a compliment
... I see a marked (mark-ked, how do you type that) progress in every avatar update that you make. thumbs-up (I didn't feel like scrolling for the emoji)
Gee thanks,  Faith. 

I'll have to try and dig up the old avatars and post them somewhere all in a row and see if I can see the same thing you are. 

Awesome for you getting back on that old forum of yours and that's a really neat look with the gold streak in your hair. 

Tonya

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Faith

Activity today.

Well the work friend that I spoke about (inspiration thread HERE) invited us to her sons birthday party. She wants me to meet her family.

I'm a little apprehensive, a pool party. So, if I plan to get wet then no makeup. My face needs coverage, it needs all the help that it can get. I'm not sure how I'll present well dressed up as a woman with a guy face.

Not going is out of the question. We're going. I'll fill you in later ....

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Faith on September 15, 2018, 06:45:42 AM
@Jayne

I don't think the "wistful youth lookin' " is stuck in the realm of trans. Pretty sure plenty of CIS women look at them as well thinking a similar thought. Not about never having those years but of lost years. Or "I wish I was young enough to do that now, when I was their age things were different".

Try not to get caught up in wistfulness ... hard, I get it too ... but try

hugssszzzz

Faith

I get caught up by this on a daily basis, pretty silly of me considering I'm 62.
I will take your advice to heart.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Donica

I understand your concern Faith but they did invite you. They should already know what to expect. So I wouldn't worry too much. I would wear my one piece under my beach coverup and enjoy the BBQ. There is going to be a BBQ right? I mean you can't have a pool party without a BBQ?

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

It certainly seems like you're feeling better Faith.  Great, have some fun!   I hope the party is a success and you have a good time!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on September 15, 2018, 10:55:00 AM
Activity today.

Well the work friend that I spoke about (inspiration thread HERE) invited us to her sons birthday party. She wants me to meet her family.

I'm a little apprehensive, a pool party. So, if I plan to get wet then no makeup. My face needs coverage, it needs all the help that it can get. I'm not sure how I'll present well dressed up as a woman with a guy face.

Not going is out of the question. We're going. I'll fill you in later ....

You go, girl. Literally. Go!

It'll be fun. You'll see...

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

LizK

Hi Faith

I hope all has gone well and I predict that you will might well be surprised (in a good way) at just how well!!! at least I really hope so!!!

Liz  ;)
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Faith

Home at last, almost 9 pm. What a looooong day, I don't know how I held out ... it was totally pleasant.

Really, me being myself seemed to be a big non-event. Accepted, talked to, hugged and kissed. The only slight hug/kiss hesitation came from a late (very late) arrival that hadn't been informed (forewarned?) and that was only a slight hesitation. More like a fast thought process of should I - yes I should on their part. I think I only noticed it because I was looking for it.

One young'un, probably around 6?, stared at me a lot like he was trying to figure me out.

The only issue which really wasn't one was .. spanish speaking family. Lots of conversation flowing that we had no idea what was what. Host and hostess did fine helping us stay included. I still preferred later when most people had left. I do like it quieter.

When it was just the 4 of us outside talking it was just random small talk. She (friend/hostess) did ask a bit about my coming out at work and how I decided and managed to do it. She's still a bit in awe/impressed by me actually doing it. For me it was a had to - you know what I mean. She told me that she started paying attention with the first bit of weight lose, clothes changing a bit, nails, then small bits of makeup (eye shadow/mascara). So right from the start I got her attention .. not in a creepy way.

I got to find out that out of, hmm, a lot of people at work, only a couple say anything derogatory (she called them idiots). I did not ask who. If they say something in my hearing, I'll report them, otherwise I don't care. If someone else wants to report them, that's up to them.

Found out some are slightly confused and not sure what to do or say, Host says he tells them .. It's not that hard, her name is Faith, she/her not he/him .. simple. Host is the boyfriend btw, he accepted me straight away, has never missed a beat on my name or pronouns. He is the one I've mentioned, somewhere, that hugs me and I can feel that he's hugging me as he would any woman. I can just tell, it's different.

I also found out that I have a staunch supporter in one of my co-workers. Not one I would have expected. Which reminds me that you cannot just assume how anyone will take something. There is only one way to know.

Lori said she and her more times than I've ever noticed before. Could have been just my heightened alertness to it, she says that she says it more than I think. I'll take her word for it. I know for the most part he/him stick out so it is probably just me.

brain fog, it took me 30 mins to type this. I think my day is ending.

OH! Columbian food. Different, not what I'm used to, I ate seconds. I'm going to be soooo fat.

g'night

•  

Anne Blake

Hi Faith,

I love the story! Isn't it a shame when just boring accepted life bullies it's way into transitioning fears? Let's see, normal hugs, accepted into conversations, proper pronouns; sounds like normal life and something to be celebrated. Well done!

Tia Anne
  •  

Laurie

Hi Faith and Lori,

I am soo glad to see this more recent happier you. I am sure Lori is too. I am glad you went to the party and was able to just be yourself there. Isn't it nice when you don't have to have that invisible shield deployed and can just be yourself? It does get easier Faith, it really does. Yes yes I know it is always like it has been these last several days. But you now know it can be like this. You can be who you  need to be. And you Faith have friends and supporters the stand up for you. Faith, they like you for who you are, not what you look like. Just keep up what you are doing Hun because it is working.

Hugs (for both of you)
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:
Wow-zers....  it was great to read your recent really good news report....
For you life is good and life has certainly been getting better and better for you and for your transition success.

You have every right to be a happy camper regarding what has been going on in your transition life lately. 
Thank you for sharing all of these wonderful happenings with your followers.

Please continue to keep us updated as you have been doing.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

LizK

File this day away under special memories for sure...what a like a really nice day and you got some insight into what's happening behind the scenes as well...what's not to love  ;) Kids are brutally honest in ways adults can never be.

The stuff about work seems like it is really good...always will be a few idiots....can't help evolution....but on the whole everyone has responded pretty much as expected...those that don't "get it" only don't get it because they choose that as their reaction...as your host said ..there is nothing to get. On the whole it sounds like a good day and you can store that one with the others...thanks for updating us.

Take care

Liz     
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jayne01

Faith, what a wonderful update.!!! I love how you describe it as a big non event. That is the goal most of us are aiming for, to jus feel normal being ourselves and not have a big deal made out of it. Sorry about the "idiots" at your work. There will always be some of those no matter where you go. Those types of people are not worth wasting time with.

I'm not surprised Lori uses she/her more than you think. She would not use those pronouns when talking to you, only when talking aboutyou to other people.

Looking forward to your next update.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

Faith, I just caught up on your story.  YAY!  I love how your friends and co-workers are accepting you and you are enjoying being accepted.  This is how the rest of the world lives, and now, you get to enjoy it too!  I am glad you had a good time.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

@Tia Anne @Laurie @Danielle @Liz @Jayne @Kathy

Thanks all for the comments.

Yes Anne, a shame when boring normal life takes over .. HAH. Life goes crazy on you, a whirlwind of changes, anxiety over reactions and .... things go normal on you. It's almost disappointing :P

Laurie, I've always been my biggest obstacle in life. That wall is crumbling down and I can see over it and I can even climb over in a few spots. I am happier, I'm enjoying the bouncy up feeling inside. I think I can get used to it .. but not too used to it. I want it to stay an amazing feeling.

Daniele, what's to say ... yup, life is good :D .. how do you make a bigger grin emoji? this one is too small.

Liz, work people I shrug and move on. in most cases you can't choose your work associates any more than you can choose your family. You can choose how to react to them. Ignoring works for me, I've done it for a loooong time. Teach them all a lesson just by being .. that'll teach'em good :)

Jayne, he/she. I never expect Lori to call me anything other than what she always has. When she does though, and with no stumbling, that means more to me than any other gendering that happens.

Kathy, I had a great time. very relaxing. As a plus, I don't think that I put on any extra pounds. The host is into music, been in a few bands, made several albums. He also works where I do in the radio side of things. We had a lot to talk about. I had him drooling over pictures of .... no not me, silly ... music projects and rebuilds that I've done.

What to do with Sunday ... Lori is at work. I have 2 of the grandchildren. Still in bed but the youngest should be up soon. I'm stiff and sore (not related to yesterday), I had a leg cramp the other night that woke me up. My calf is still very sore and it's hard to walk.

Maybe I'll straighten up my music equipment room ...... yeah, right :P

•