Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

Time to bite the bullet and post a current picture again ... Here we go .......
It's a bit dark, no selfie flash ... hm, maybe it needs to be darker still  ... scratch that. I'm supposed to be more positive.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

TonyaW

Nothing wrong with that picture,  Faith

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

Faith,

I have to agree with Tonya. There's nothing wrong with that picture at all. Keep up being positive and maybe it will stick with you. I am sure Lori likes it.

Hugs to you and Lori,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Donica

Faith! Honestly girl! I don't know why you are stressing. You look great. My pictures look way different worse than I look in the mirror. I don't think you have to worry about that.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Faith

you all are biased  !!!  but thank you   :icon_hug:  :icon_biggrin: 

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on September 20, 2018, 12:47:40 PM

Nuh-uh! We see the truth with no filters. You're the one who's biased. Just like the pictures I just posted in my thread, I see "him." But I'm learning to trust what my friends tell me, and you will, too.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 20, 2018, 02:21:16 PM
Nuh-uh! We see the truth with no filters. You're the one who's biased. Just like the pictures I just posted in my thread, I see "him." But I'm learning to trust what my friends tell me, and you will, too.

Stephanie

Steph, if you want honesty. I saw your pictures when I first joined. I met you in person. I will honestly tell you that you are leaps and bounds past what I saw then.

Enjoy yourself my friend.
erm, maybe I should rephrase ....

•  

Anne Blake

Hi Faith,

I do like the picture, as I do so many of your pictures.....but what I like most is your telling of Lori's conversation when she was admitting to liking the new you so much. It is a joy to see some of the small and big steps fall into place on this journey of yours.

Keep the joy sister,
Tia Anne
  •  

Faith

@everyone (oh, that doesn't work) .. could you tell there was boobs? I could tell ..
**  :icon_joy: :icon_joy: :icon_joy: happy boob dance :icon_joy: :icon_joy: :icon_joy:**

@Tia Anne
Seriously, Thanks Tia. I am trying to see my pictures through different eyes but these are the only two that I have.

•  

Faith

I had a great day today
Faith

yeah, ok, I would leave that until I get yelled at, but I can't.

Lori and I off on the same day. She took it off specifically to go to my Dr's appointment with me in the morning so we could spend the day together.

Got up in a great mood, spent some quality us time before climbing out of bed. That really set the mood for the day :) The bathroom scale liked both of us this morning (not at the same time!) so that also helped a little.

puttered around the house doing things together and drive to the Dr's. Chit chat small talk all the way, anything and everything. That was never 'me' .. it is now, just try to shut me up (I've heard some others share that .. um .. fault)

Dr's at 10:30, no wait.
Nice pleasant visit covering where I was, where I am, how do I feel (fine except that stabbing blood draw needle!). Got a prescription extension to cover until after the test results. Got some referrals for an Orchi, time to start preparing.
Out by 11am

Off to the mall, got a small lunch so as to not bloat. We decide to shoe shop, I still needed black dressy shoes.

We saunter past a massage place, Lori turns back. How about a massage. We look at the prices, ick, we're broke but not as broke as we expected since the Dr's visit cost significantly less then we planned for. So, 45 mins later I'm feeling pretty comfy and relaxed. Trust me, I needed it. Ignore that profile picture, believe me when I say, "I am a broken old person". Twiddle my thumbs waiting for lori to get back and pay for it (she had wandered off and got lost)

Ok, back to meandering. Ready to wander this store, that store, the other store but first Lori drags me (slight exaggeration) to a shoe store. There they were. The perfect pair .. in 11 .. ARRRGGHHH .. too loose, I'm typically a 10. No 10 unless we want to drive to West Palm (yeah, nope). Disappointed, we poke around looking at other shoes and ... there is that same pair in 9 1/2. Hmm, those 11's were really loose. Try them on .. perfect fit. WOOOO. I got shoes (so much for massage==no shoes). We accidentally bought a bracelet and a pair of earrings as well. All on sale, we are broke you know.

Story on the earrings .. they're for pierced ears. We liked them so much that we bought them anyways. Direct from Lori's mouth, "If you want to get your ears pieced, go right ahead. I've gotten used to everything else so far." and if that wasn't enough, "Maybe after things catch up we can go get our ears pierced together". WOOT. I didn't know what to say, but I did buy the earrings :D

The rest of the store wandering went as it was supposed, lots of oh, ah, yuck! but no purchasing. The additional news. Typically shopping for us has always been, she shops clothes and looks at ladies things, I hit the electronics department and impatiently wait until she's ready to leave. This time, we both shopped ladies things and goodies and kids stuff with nary a male item in sight. 3 1/2 hours later we finally call it quits.

The topper .. No odd looks, no side glances, nothing weird noticed at all. Each store visit was ma'am/ladies. Only one misgendering occurrence. At the massage place that gal asked which one of us girls was getting the massage, Lori replied with a quick, "It'll be him" and then immediately looked totally crestfallen and apologized. My wife, apologized to me for calling me him. How could anyone be upset at all for that. I wasn't in the first place but still, no way I could be after seeing her consternation for being the one to say it.

That was our day. Not quite over but I cannot see it going bad, it's been too good.
Faith

ps.
Have I said how much I love my wife?

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:
Well now, I read your entire update as really good news....  just normal, everyday activities of a woman at the her Doctor's office and then with Lori at at the shopping mall....  lunch, shoes, earrings...   but I have re-read your report several times and I don't know if you got your ears pierced???  ....  and I am still not certain that if it was you or was it Lori that got the massage, or perhaps neither of you? ???    ... and, only one innocent mis-gendering experience, and that came from your Lori !!! ;)     Yes, a good and fun girls day out and about.

Yes indeed, just as you told  @JulieAllana  in your reply comment to her on my "Hunted Prey" thread just earlier today. 
Followers of transition threads usually like to see a little more that just transition related stuff.....   everyday life endeavors are surely interesting to me and to those that are following your transition journey.

Thanks for posting your update and for sharing.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Faith

@Danielle

I thought I was clear, but that is a wall of text and easy to get a lost trying to read it.
no ears pierced .. that'll be some future date when funds come together. Neither of us was ready today in any case.
... and ...
I got the massage, I'm a broken old fart.

•  

Donica

Well that's ok Faith. Getting your ears pierced is nothing. Taking care of them is ease to. A twist here, a twist there, keep them clean for 3 weeks to a month and your ready to try out your new ear rings. I suspect you'll have a bit of trouble getting them back from Lori ;D. A great update Faith! It's wonderful to see you both having such a good time together.

Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on September 22, 2018, 04:18:41 PM
@Danielle

I thought I was clear, but that is a wall of text and easy to get a lost trying to read it.
no ears pierced .. that'll be some future date when funds come together. Neither of us was ready today in any case.
... and ...
I got the massage, I'm a broken old fart.

@Faith
Dear Faith: 
Thank you for clearing up the details for me..... 

The good news is certainly that you had a wonderful day.... including a massage ... did you enjoy the massage?
Personally I find it very nice to be pampered like that.... 

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Faith

@Danielle
Awesome day, better and better the more I think about it (as I sit here munching my olives) .. two women mall shopping .. :D
The massage was very relaxing. A proper deep massage. It's only fault was that it was over too soon.

•  

KathyLauren

What a great day, Faith!  I can hear the smile in your voice when I read your words.  And I realize that that sentence made no sense at all, but I am sure you know what I mean.

Quote from: Faith on September 22, 2018, 03:43:58 PM
Have I said how much I love my wife?

Yes, as a matter of fact, you just did.  It may have been a wall of text, but I thought it was rather eloquent.

Hugs to you both.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

Quote from: KathyLauren on September 22, 2018, 05:09:57 PM
What a great day, Faith!  I can hear the smile in your voice when I read your words.  And I realize that that sentence made no sense at all, but I am sure you know what I mean.
Yes I do and I am still smiling
Yes, as a matter of fact, you just did.  It may have been a wall of text, but I thought it was rather eloquent.
Hugs to you both.
eloquent? I question that but I'll take it :)

hugsszzzz right back atcha, and Danielle and everyone else that passes through my little area of Susan's - including all of you guests hiding out there unsure about signing up. Just do it, you'll enjoy it and all of us will be better for it as well.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Faith on September 20, 2018, 12:47:40 PM

We tell you what we see. you see what you are used to.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Laurie

Wow Faith that was a good day and a good update thrown in with it. We all look forward to days like that and after a bit those days though still good  become umm normal.  It's GREAT!

Hugs for you and Lori,
  Laurie

•  

Faith

I honestly never thought I'd have a complete day like this one. Moment here and there, yes. Day, no. To think that it's possible to become the norm? Unfathomable.

Oct 2017, the month I started questioning myself, not even a year yet. think how far I'll be in another year.

@Laurie, you need to (not)plan another visit. I am not the same person that you met a while back. Well, I am but I'm not :D

I want to just keep rambling on, typing walls of feel-good text. I do need to go to bed though :( ... maybe in another hour .............

•